What are the best store bought brand hotdogs?

What are the best store bought brand hotdogs?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDMmxiIR4W0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

nathans or the jew one

Nathans

The Jew ones are too thin.

Boars head, with skin.

Otherwise, Nathan's or sabrettes, preferably with skin but they're good without.

Cheapest I'll go is store brand, as long as they're beef.

does anyone make an all pork hot dog?

No, the girth is perfectly normal. It's your buns that are too big.

In America, Oscar Meyer 'meat' hot dogs. I fucking hate, Hate, HATE beef hot dogs. Beef bacon, however, is surprisingly pretty good.

In a mass-production scale, not in America, no. Aldi, however, sells "Bavarian" brand hot dogs that are a tad 'spensive for what they are that are a mix of pork and veal. They taste pretty nice and are very similar to serdelki/serdelowa. If they're made anything like serdelki, the "Bavarian" brand ones are about 80% pork and 20% veal.

If you can find a Polish butcher in your area, chances are good that he'll either have serdelki or know where you can get them.

Jesus christ, seriously? Not a single mass production pork dog?

What's wrong with this country?

I think there used to be more, but then companies started marketing "100% beef!" hot dogs, implying that it's better than pork or a mixture of meats.

Then you'll go see people make meatballs with pork, veal, and beef.

Marketing confuses people.

>corn syrup in everything because corn is cheap as shit
>beef in all our meat products because beef is cheap as shit
Fuck this place.

taste the poverty

vegan dog is best dog

I'm generally miffed that there's nothing at the supermarket like Costco's store brand.

There are twenty different varieties of nearly indistinguishable pink squishy hot dog on the shelf. The company that delivers a Kirkland analog won't have any competition.

I also like a snappy casing-on wiener. A few stores around here carry Boar's Head brand, but they're crazy overpriced. Another market segment for one of the big brands to monopolize!

feces are not vegan technically

I always buy Hebrew National because it's the only one I've seen that doesn't put corn syrup into the wieners.

bar-s has pretty good bacon.

but the sausages/franks? holy fuck they're foul.

and i love cheap processed food. i can eat tin after tin of libby's vienna sausages.

but somehow bar-s manages to make shitty food even shittier.

This is so accurate it hurts.

Turd on bread

You would think Veeky Forums would be the place where people would know that looks and presentation do not equal taste. It's only facebook normies who see an artificial painted burger on a commercial and think it must be five stars

I'm not sure you can find these outside of Vermont but these are my absolute favorite mass produced hotdog. The casing has a certain snappiness that I have never seen in other hotdogs and they taste of quality.

Plebs and memers ITT

I posted this earlier but my post got deleted for some reason, good taste senpai

>senpai
Faggot.

Shrimp dick

these are my favorite so far

I don't think they taste worse than oscar mayer. also bar-s are my favorite frozen corndogs

Doesn't matter, I just love dem wieners!

really got into these

Nathans are nasty, greasy as fuck and always have hard pieces of gristle in them. Oscar mayer is GOAT if youre buying lower end dogs.

Dietzen Watzen

America's Test Kitchen tasting panel says (for all beef at least) Nathan's Famous, and on a Pepperdige Farm bun.

I made chili yestefday, so I'll probably buy both with some good cheddar cheese for Memorial Day.

Hebrews, no contest.

just get fucking brats from the meat counter like an adult

Good goyim

Hebrew or Hatfield

I don't know if Hatfield is just a regional thing though

Johnsonville or bust

Hebrews aren't Jews, take you ill-informed gibberish back to /pol/.

>not buying the superior food : bratwurst

I haven't eaten a hot dog in about 25 years.

If I do ever decide to try one again I'll get the Jew ones.

Beef bacon is the worst shit on earth

>Hebrews aren't Jews

Boarshead for richfags
Nathan's for poorfags

Is there actually an entire gourmet world of hot dogs? I just figured they threw all the animal lips and assholes into a big grinder and extruded it into cylinders

At least I've never had a hot dog that stood out

wait wait wait

HOLD THE FUCK UP

sausages are not made of pork in america? what the flying fuck? why?!

Do Americans really eat branded hotdogs?

Jews. And, increasingly, Muslims.

standard hot dogs are usually either pork + chicken or beef

we also have regular sausages which are more likely to be just pork or just sausage

they are, these are hot dogs

AHAHAHAHAH

>beef sausages

what a joke of a country.

hoffmans

>just sausage
obviously I meant just beef

obv

What's the problem with beef sausages? Germans make sausages from sardines, liver, and whatever else they want to. Get off the America-hating meme train.

So I just went to my grocery store, and Boar's Head is CHEAPER than Nathan's. It was $6 for each pack of natural casing beef franfurters, but the Boar's Head had like two extra dogs and 4oz more than the Nathan's.

Either way these little fuckers are still too expensive for a poorfag and I resent Veeky Forums for making me crave hotdogs and kraut on Memorial Day.

Martin Rosol's or grote and weigel

Well out of those choices it's definitely nathan's.
Hebrew nationals started to make me puke when I was a teenager so I don't eat them anymore.
Just Nathan's every once in a blue moon.

>these "sausages"
>all of them are less than 80% meat

American foods are so fucked

England is worse

youtube.com/watch?v=EDMmxiIR4W0

I don't care what anybody says I fucking love these things

Pretty sure all the anglo countries are complete garbage in the food sense

But America is Anglo-German-Latin

Lafleur Race-maƮtre

>12 sauciesses funees
>12 funny sausages
>12 wieners
kek

>I also like a snappy casing-on wiener.
just buy a bratwurst

You prefer the No Name ones? Much less funny...

Damn these look good as fuck

Berks County, PA has Berks Hot Dogs, a locally made brand. They're fairly good so they're my go to. Especially for this weekend.

found the vegan

I've shat out better-looking turds, to be quite honest.