Ask away

Ask away.

Other urls found in this thread:

blog.Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Why should we care?

I do too but I'm cooler so ask me stuff instead guys fuck op

what % are your dairy, bread and vegetables marked up

How would you fuck OP if given the opportunity?

You clearly care enough to respond
How do I know you aren't me samefagging?

Bread and dairy have a 28% mark up because same supplier and idk about vegetables I'll have to ask roman.

Probably upside down in the ass while camping desu

Shutup op this my thread now my store is better than yours and I have 6 freckles on my dick

How can it not be my thread when you're me?

Because I'm you fag

how did my thread turn into this

I like your style, OP

I also used to work at a grocery store. As a service industry employee, let me assure you: We fucking hate you all. You're dirty, you leave the store a mess, toss carts everywhere, fucking steal, damage merchandise, make lame jokes (HURR HURR WON'T RING UP MUST BE FREE) and generally turn what should be a brainless, boring job into an unenviable slog.

real question, whats with the discount veg?

>store is remodeling
>moving various products 14 isles over because some marketing fuck think beans will sell better on the left side of the store

Does your meat department yellow-tag stuff early for preferred customers?

This

if someone were to come into the store 5 minutes before closing with an incredibly long list of items to get would they be allowed to shop or would they have to return at another time?

Tips on getting the freshest produce, dairy, meat, etc?

Depends on the person working at the time
The store manager locks the entrance 10 minutes before closing
Go in early on Sunday or Tuesday

What position do you work?

What do you get paid, do you feel like you should get paid more

Is it bad if I grab milk, bread or whatever from the back of the shelf because it's fresher?

OP....OPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

answer my fucking question

Assistant dairy manager
No, grabbing it out of the box as it's being put on the shelf is unforgivable though
$18 an hour

why are you ignoring the best question in the thread asshole?

nao

Because I don't do produce

How have old folks managed to make a living and retire from this kind of work, while I'm on my second grocery store job with year's of experience and am only making minimum wage?

How do I solve a double contour integral using the divergence theorem?

where can i find your reddit page and blog at?

call one of the other faggots that works there NAO

blog.Veeky Forums.org
I was given full time after 6 months, just do a better job than everyone else

Also, most of the people I work with are old guys who are long retired from grocery store jobs and are just bored and want a second pension.

Thanks, baby boomers!!

>I was given full time

bullshit

It's a local chain, not an unstoppable monopoly

You think you're too good for me?

did you just give a pensioner a back handed complement?

this uppity fuck will never know his place.

Say that to my face, i'm the goddamn milkman

>your face

eat a dick milkman

this would vary from store to store.

I work in the meat dept at my store and the real answer is to ask for it.

The older stuff will always be on the top, back towards them.

Really there's nothing at all wrong with the darker stuff.

If you come in late at night and ask for a deal on ground beef you might get it. If I have a ton left over I'll definitely do it.

Well you probably do useless braindead shit like checking, getting carts, cleaning the bathrooms when an old person shits on the floor etc.

The following non managerial positions make decent money: Cake decorators, Bakers, floral arrangers, meat cutters, Scanning department, accounting, HR, "Chef", Dietician, Pharmacists, sign artist.

A lot of these positions though are being minimized and downsized at every opportunity. It's pretty bullshit to be a young person right now desu.

And then obviously these departments all have managers who do pretty well for themselves.

Nope, I work produce with a bunch of Hispanics who've been there over 10 years but still can't speak English or figure out where certain things go, yet they make 5x as much as I do per hour .