Making cheesesteaks tonight for the family

Making cheesesteaks tonight for the family.
Got everything I need, BUT, I was wondering what I should season the meat with besides salt and pepper? Anything special that's essential to a good cheesesteak? I have a fucking huge spice cabinet, so I can pretty much do anything that's needed.

Random pic, btw.

name spices, nao

Meat
Cheese
Bread

seriously, the beauty of a cheesesteak is it's simplicity. Just don't fuck up the meat and use a good quality bread and a decent cheese. Steak makes it's own sauce. Toss on some caramalized onions and peppers maybe.

Onion powder, celery salt, and fresh ground pepper of whatever blend your family prefers

fucking hell, you want me to name all the spices I have? Jesus......that'll take forever. Okay, I'll run it down as fast as I fucking can, even though most of these I know for a fact won't be needed.

Sea salt, coarse and fine
Grey salt
Umi salt
Truffle salt
Smoked salt
Pretzel salt
Wasabi salt
Sake salt
Uni salt
Flake salt
Coarse ground pepper
Whole mixed peppercorns in a grinder
Whole white peppercorns in a grinder
Whole green peppercorns in a grinder
Szechuan peppercorns, toasted and in a grinder
Thai chili flakes
Smoked paprika
Aji Amarillo, ground
Green curry powder
Hot yellow curry powder
Red curry powder
Japanese curry powder
Ischimi togarashi
Nanimi togarashi
Celery salt
Granulated garlic
Granulated onion
Lemon pepper
Sumac
Cumin (ground and seeds)
Bay leaves (whole and ground)
Caraway (whole and ground)
Herbs de Provence
Thyme
Oregano (Italian and Mexican)
Epazote
Kaffir lime leaves
Turmeric (whole root, pickled, and powder)
Ginger (whole root, pickled, and powder)
Dried dill
Fresh basil and dried basil
Fresh parsley and dried parsley
Saffron threads
Red chili flakes
Cayenne
Sweet paprika
Lemon Omani
Cinnamon (ground and whole)
Cloves (ground and whole)
Madagascar vanilla beans
Vanilla bean paste
Gebhardt chili powder
Ground jalapenos
Ground chile de arbol
Ground New Mexican chiles
Chervil
Mint (fresh and dried)
Celery seed
Whole allspice berries

And there's probably a few more I can't remember right now too......ugh.

Thank you very much, bros.
Got the good bread, got the cheese (provolone), got the onions and peppers. We're are fucking good to go!

>truffle salt
>wasabi salt
stopped reading

Fag.

>look at all of the spices I have guys, am I cool yet?
>s-stop! n-none of them are memes, I swear!

i-it's bad because it's a m-m-eymey

Just because you don't know how to cook or season food doesn't mean other people don't. Your insecurity is showing.

what the shit is umi salt?

Lol I've been cooking for close to a decade now, nice try tho. Bet you have some truffle oil in your cabinet too

>b-but i n-n-need 6 different kinds of salt
why would you have preground pepper and then 3 other kinds of pepper in peppershakers?

Truffle oil is for faggots like you.
OP here, tell me when you've been a professional cook, a family cook, and have won fucking cooking challenges, and then we'll have an actual conversation, you fucking uppity retard.

I don't have to fucking justify why I have the peppers I have, I use them differently in different applications. This thread was SUPPOSED to be about cheesesteaks, until a bunch of gaylords decided to go aspie.

I GOT MORE SPICE THAN THE FRUGAL GOURMET....YEAH, THAT'S RIGHT, AND YOU AND YOU AND YOU

You don't put peppers on a cheesesteak.

And if you're not using shaved top round, it's not a cheesesteak.

Look at this faggot.

Prove me wrong.

I bet you make a """""""""""""""""""""""""""""cheesesteak""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" using ground beef, whiz, mushrooms, and a whole load of other shit.

That's not to say that isn't a good sandwich, it's just not a cheesesteak.

Shaved top round, good quality provolone / american cheese, a good hoagie roll, and grilled onions.

That's it.

Only tourists, plebes, and non-philadelphians would tell you otherwise.

having that many is stupid, they will have lost their flavour.

>"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""cheesesteak"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
I do not enjoy the company of people who do this

Keep up with the meme lingo senpai.

You still didn't prove me wrong.

Currently live in Center City. Put some god damn peppers on my steak. Fried onions, peppers, and sharp provolone is my normal order.

OP, generally it's just salt/pepper and make sure the steak is sliced super thin. Make sure the hoagie roll you're using is nice and spongy.

Real philly cheesesteaks use cheese whiz, so gtfo

>living in center city

So sorry my dude. Should live out in radnor (villanova grad here).

>whiz

Spotted the tourist.

GTFO, nobody puts that abomination cheese imitation on their sandwiches in philly besides tourists and bogans

OP here.
The cheesesteaks were awesome, thanks to the bros who were actually helpful and not meme spouting, shitposting faglords.

What RUINED the meal, wasn't the food, it was the dad who couldn't sit down at the same table with his teenage son (both were being smartasses) without fucking ruining the entire meal I worked to make. Fuck everyone, I'm getting drunk.

fucking faggot

jealous much?