Hi co/ck/s

Hi co/ck/s.

Tonight I am having delicious Ramen. I made the broth yesterday. We will go through step by step.

I approximated the recipe in the momofuku cookbook.

P1

P2

I'm here

The actual p2

Page 3

Thanks for joining us. What are you having tonight?

Page 4

I tried a small local french place earlier, it was pretty good, but didn't feel any value, I like brassiere style french places with good food and decent prices. It was still nice, I'd go back.

Alcohol: Evan Williams single barrel 2007 and Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA (it's a solid beer so w/e)

fuck I replied to my post like a faggot

am listening

Are you gonna show your fat cock at any point, OP?

If not, I'm outs.

Cut up some nice smoky bacon.

Nice. Always good to find a place you can repeat. I love beer myself, but don't have any tonight.

Hello good fellow.

I will show my fat cock if you stick around.

Cut some bones off for the broth. Was having porkchops and apple sauce for supper yesterday.

Cut up 3 chicken backs and arranged them in a pan. I debated just buying a whole chicken. It usually works out more economical to save all the bones and use the meat.

Here I have the bacon, the pork bones, and some chicken backs ready for roasting. In at 450 along with the pan of cut up chicken backs for about an hour.

Konbu. In. Bring to a boil. Then turn it off and let it steep for 10 minutes.

Washing the shrooms

Here is my latest gin stash. Still like Hendricks.

Konbu out. Chopped up shiitakes in the broth to simmer for 30 minutes.

After about 45 minutes the chicken backs were nicely browned. Took em out to make the tare.

Into the pan went about 2/3 cup mirin, 2/3 cup sake, less than 2/3 cup tamari and 2/3 cup water

simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour

Personally deaths door was trash. Also if you're ever near charleston anything Hat Trick is garbage too. Hendricks is great though

Nice roasted meat came out of the oven. I ended up taking the bacon strips out early as they browned faster.

Pork bones into the broth. As you can see the mushrooms have given it that nice colour.

Yeah I was really disappointed with death's door. The guy who recommended it to me seemed to be into gin and said it was his personal favourite. It was just a bit of licorice flavor. Smooth enough though. Thanks for the head's up about Hat Trick. I also liked the citrusy Uncle Val's gin. Probably my second choice.

Still cooking down the tare

Mushrooms out. Chicken and bacon in. Bacon in only for 45 minutes. The recipe said everything at different times, and then pork bones for 7 hours, but I didn't have 7 hours.

Got quite a bit of fat off those roasted meats. I am really glad I roasted them first. Otherwise, all the fat would have gone into the soup and I would have chilled it, then taken it off in a cold block. This way, some fat from the meat went into the broth, but not too much.

The chicken bones that came out of the tare were infused with the delicious sauce.

Tare was the best discovery of the ramen broth adventure. I saved some to make yakitori. Here is the finished tare. Recipe is in the pages I posted.

Bacon out.

After the pork and chicken bones simmered for about 2 hours it was time for the veggies.

Veggies in. Simmer 1 h.

Everything strained out.

Here it is, the finished broth. The bacon dashi is very nice. I don't find it inferior to bonito. I would definitely make this broth again.

Now for the ramen bowl. Cut up some scallions.

Soft boil some oeufs

Cook the noodles

Fry up a pork chop

Frying up some char siu I made a while ago

The final product.

One with pork chop. One with char siu and shiitake. Both with bean sprouts and corn. I can't get authentic ramen noodles where I live, so I might resort to making some. The ramen was delicious.

Aaand... my fat cock

smallest cock I have ever seen, and I regular /b/ and Veeky Forums

Thanks for the thread and the recipes, OP. That ramen looks delicious, it makes me want to try making this myself. Did you just get pre-made/dried ramen noodles from an Asian market? Either way it looks good.

I used this kind of rice ramen as I can get these in large packages at my local costco. They aren't bad, but don't have the texture and flavor I'm looking for.