R8 my dinner

R8 and share

>not having rice next to meat so you can get equal amounts in each bite

8/10 though. Looks delicious.

if you remove the greens, and seeds, 4/10

horrible for you

you're probably going to have an early death /10

4/10

Something I might eat as a small side dish, but on it's own, no.

This was my dinner, kraut bierock

I probably will user. for the past month I've been eating this every day, or something similar to it.

Is Kraut Bierock good? Looks amazing

I just officially had my first "throw whatever is in the pantry in a pot" night for dinner. Didn't turn out too bad. Ground beef, diced tomatoes, jalapenos, navy beans and shredded American cheese because Memorial day weekend. Kind of like a shitty chili.

Did you make it, can you post recipe?

Yeah, it's super good. When my mom used to make it, she'd make a little extra dough and use it to make cinnamon rolls, so that was always a plus.

Filling was just some brown lentils cooked in vegetable broth (traditionally ground beef), strained well, then fried in a pan together with lots of onion and garlic and cabbage, seasoned with salt, a little soy sauce (ran out of salt actually, but I think it works well), and fresh oregano/thyme. It's common to let it sit in a bowl overnight in the fridge to let the flavors combine, but not necessary

Dough recipe:

>1 cup milk warm
>1/2 cup water warm
>1/4 cup butter softened
>1 1/2 tsp salt
>4 1/2 cups ap flour
>1/2 cup sugar
>4 1/2 tsps active dry yeast aka

Pretty simple, I mixed ingredients together (I just let the mixer run a little each time I added the next ingredient), then I mixed it on low in a stand mixer until the gluten was really well developed.

Let it rise in a bowl until a little over doubled, then took it out, broke into six pieces, rolled them flat

Spooned in filling, closed them up, put on a greased baking sheet, brushed on a hand-whisked froth of milk and canola oil and let rise another 10 minutes

Bake at 375 for 25 minutes, turning once halfway through.

I should add, the recipe didn't specify to mix wet/dry separately so I didn't, but that may have worked better. The trouble with volumetric measurements was apparent in that the dough was too dry while mixing, so I added another half cup of warm water and just added flour while kneading/rolling as necessary.

This pic is of some bierocks I made years ago, albeit with ground beef and egg wash.

Sounds amazing, thanks for the recipe

For sure going to make these

see

They're pretty amazing considering they're poverty food!

My great grandma (Volga German immigrant, apparently a pretty crafty old lady that would make anyone stop their car on the road if she saw edible mushrooms through the car window) would make giant batches of them with her daughters/grand-daughters and then freeze them in bulk, we'd eat them throughout the year or make them when money was tight. Especially if you're using lentils instead of ground beef, it costs pennies per serving.

This is my lunch

Why is the pie lid not crimped to the case?
Come on Australia, we taught you better than that.

t.Daddy Bong.

I cooked this with a car and a credit card.

> coca cola

How can anyone justify drinking 50g of sugar?

I hate being poor.

The 3 bowls cost me less than 5 dollars

>bongs trying to take credit for go za
Smh desu senpai

4/10
>no sauce
>no glaze
>no variety/colour
>chili? garlic? ginger?????
>bad presentation
you added sesame seeds as a garnish as opposed to tossing them through. Get you fucking shit together OP

How do you justify living without it, vegan?

Coca cola IS vegan.

S-shut up.

Checking back in to report that they're just as good cold, the next day.

man, never tried those meat pies, but the sauce always seem like such a shame.