Is Noma really the best restaurant in the world?

Is Noma really the best restaurant in the world?

Maybe.

Every see the image floating around about rating women, where it certain women can only be tens when they match your personal preferences?

Legitimately the worlds best restaurant for you could be a small indian cafe in brighton. But for me it could be a bar in vancouver.

Depends on how you're judging, but I would say no.

a bar in vancouver
which one?

todays special is bowl of moss and some sticks

noma is great but I can't see everyone enjoying it.
it's alot about it being interesting too, I can't imagine Veeky Forums, with its autistic pragmatism would appreciate it.

The guy that founded noma made food where my mom used to work and it made her become fat. I'll never forgive him.

Nice presentation

how much does a meal there cost?

oh come on this has to be satire

Jesus. I mean I would try this place sure, but that's a bit triggering even to me.

>Is Noma really the best restaurant in the world?
No. There are simply too many top level restaurants to even rank a #1, which is why the top 50 in the world (or by continent) all change places and shuffle around each year, or even why a top joint will close so that its status (and the chef who created it) is locked in place forever at the top, before it slides down to give someone else a turn at the top. [It should be mentioned that every official ranking is 1) selling guides or 2) selling advertisements on their ranking sites. Never forget this is a vested business interest tied with top producers of spirits and other good hospitality goods and not at all unbiased. It's just that at some point all the top restaurants are pretty damn good overall.]

I think it's like 300 dollars for the full course? you can hardly blame them, they probably just adjust for demand.
I genuinely don't see the problem with that.

michelin sells tires, their only real bias would be remoteness

>Implying they aren't sending you to populated areas for road hazard purposes

You fool!

>"shit, another bug got into the ice machine"
>"let's serve it in a jar and charge $100"

am i supposed to eat the rocks too after my 2-3 oysters that cost me $75?

But where is the food?

Almost all of these look great but I can't figure out the moss ones. what are they actually serving there? is it just purely decorative? or is the moss edible?

better angle

>be at noma
>always taught to clean my plate as a kid
>served this
>end up eating rocks and sticks
>waitstaff is laughing in the corner

>literally making you harvest your own food
>not cooking it for you
>that will be 600 dollars

Is Noma run by Jews?

This is at least looks a little more like it. Probably still really expensive though.

>here's your slightly-too-old raw potato sir

I too like eating sticks

I've had rock shrimp before but it was slightly different than this

>This is at least looks a little more like it. Probably still really expensive though.
those are the most common kinds of meals. You gotta realize that noma has a LOT of courses, some are mainly supposed to be interesting. and it's like like 300 dollars. Not sure if the menu includes the wine or if it's separate. the wine course costs like 200 dollaroos I think. so at most 500 dollaroos, which, when compared to other restaurants in its class, considering that a menu takes like 5-7 hours is not that bad.

this one is kinda bad. it's blatantly crunchy chocolate.

Looks interesting, and honestly I'd like to try a restaurant like this.

But does this shit come with a manual?

waiters explain it I believe.

>"Oh you wanted the ants pre-killed? That'll be an extra $50"

awful

poor people are laughing their asses off at foodies

Dessert

They're poor, it's not really a problem that they're delusional, if that makes them comfortable. it is a bit ignorant though, and other people will look down on them.

do you eat the sticks?

>the main course is an african slave you have to hunt yourself with stone-age implements
rich people really are different.

Yes they supposedly taste like cinnamon

>michelin sells tires, their only real bias would be remoteness
Nope, route planners, guides for sale, hotels reservations tied to restaurant locations, and targeted ads on their websites.

Like everyone posting in this thread, I've never been there.

But from the images, it looks a little too "precious". The meat with ants looks revolting.

kek

I've been there. It's good.

Oh, I remember that dish. Porcini and chocolate. Fucking incredible.

Best dish was ice cold raw monkfish liver on bread, though.

>tfw they hand you this and you try eating it and must take everything else to go because you need to go to the hospital

Reindeer tartare with ants

I was there last fall - I live five minutes away on a bike, so it's not really that special.

Gordon Ramsay hated the food there

>poor people pay nothing and eat dirt
>rich people pay thousands to eat dirt

>i biked 5 minutes to pay $300 to eat ants

its a mad world...

He hates everyone's food though.

>Gordon Ramsay hated the food there
He's low class/undereducated, and it comes out from time to time, that's why.

one of the few times ramsay was wrong.
I can see how he'd have a heavy bias against it.

We can't all go to Eton

Wish he did a kitchen nightmares there

lol

>these sticks are so raw they're fucking sprouting

This is some of the most hilariously pretentious shit I've seen in my life.

Truly 'high end' restaurant culture and foodie nonsense has gone too far.

If someone brought this to my table and told me it was people food, I would kick them so hard in the genitals.

>he's never sipped fermented bog water filtered through reindeer lichen from a hollowed turnip using a chive as a straw

Wow, flyover much?

shit looks like they dropped it and didn't wipe it off

fuck this hipster douchebag bullshit.

>Depends on how you're judging, but I would say no.
>>>
> Anonymous 05/29/16(Sun)13:04:25 No.7725370▶
>
>a bar in vancouver
>which one?
his crack dealer pad on hastings

>He's low class/undereducated, and it comes out from time to time, that's why.

>pretending special snowflakism applied to food is high class

this shit is so fucking retarded

>literally just serving you bugs and moss off of the ground like what they spent all day putting in their mouths as children because there's nothing else to do in that backwards country
>pretentious

I take it you haven't heard of molecular gastronomy yet.

A half eaten rib fished out of the trash from a different restaurant served on a towel?

Don't be mean bro :(

Dehydrated carrot in hay ash with sorrel sauce

>eat one unripe strawberry on stick
>15 courses and $300 later leave and go get fast food because you are starving and just feel a bunch of ants crawling around in moss in your stomach

I wonder how they would do Tumbleweed. Maybe soaking in kombu extract and then deep-frying in rice oil ?

God, I fucking hate countercultures. they're almost always more ignorant than what they're mad at.

someone should just open a restaurant and serve garbage straight out of a dumpster and charge 200 a plate. you could have daily specials like hobo delight, which would be a combination stew and wine course taken directly out of the hobo

I don't understand.

All Veeky Forums flyover and uncultured memes aside, who the fuck would pay 300 dollars to eat raw potatoes/turnips/radishes?

How the fuck are you even supposed to eat that?

>he thinks you order a la carte

that's literally not what they're doing, though.

Doesn't noma literally serve partially rotten vegetables? I think I saw that in a documentary

just because it has never been done before doesnt mean that it should be done.jpg

It's pretentious because of the presentation, as if it's something special or remotely appealing, and because I'm taking OP and a few others at their word that this restaurant is apparently highly rated ad costs hundred of dollars.

btw guys don't google image search just "noma" or you get this type of thing

Has your fat ass never been to a coursed meal before? It fills you up. If not, you're a fat ass.

When Anthony Bourdain stopped in one of the cooks literally just plucked flowers from his neighbour's garden on the way to work in the morning.

The presentation is literally just serving the moss on the same rock they found it on.

i wouldn't be surprised

ITT: Mad as fuck paupers criticizing something they have no idea how was made or tastes because people in their social circle have taught them that this isn't cool.

>they have no idea how was made
Photosynthesis.