German cuisine

What's you favourite german dish?
May it be a traditional dish or a culturally butchered one, what's the best of 'em?

Other urls found in this thread:

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Döner_Kebab
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Getting hungry posting these...

labskaus.

looks like meme food but it's acutally delicious

Never seen Labskaus that looks like that. It rules nonetheless.

Running out of ideas, guys.

Only got a few more.

Last one. Ending this with something local.

So is this some kind of sneaky shit post, "German Food"... I was there, the entire cuisine tastes like weiners.

It is... mostly wieners. Very perceiving.

Grießklöße in Kaltschale, good pick.

Had that a few weeks ago in a pure fish restaurant.
I'm a retard when it comes to eating whole fish. I butcher it completely and still manage to eat fishbones.

Kebabs and rape are the new trend I am hearing

Are you from Hannover proper?

You have to slice it along the backside, then you can lift it from the fishbones

Born and raised.

good bread/brötchen

Doner Kebap or "Döner" in German
Many people think it was invented in Turkey, but it wasn't (even though the style of preparing the meat was). The Doner Kebap style was actually invented and first sold in Berlin, which makes it a German dish.

Nice, me too

Pic is Leipziger Allerlei

Cool, Burgdorfer in exile here. Didn't even realize Lüttje Lage was a local thing.
Döner Kebap means rotating meat and has been a thing in Turkey for centuries. What you're talking about is the döner kebap served in a pide flatbread or similar with vegetables and condiments.

What part of town? Oststadt here.

German food is fucking GOAT

My favorite has to be the Christmas goose

Closing with a local speciality too :^)

Linden

>Malzextrakt
This has my attention

Hipster or immigrant?

Immigrant aus Davenstadt

>Davenstadt
Don't you mean Davenstedt???

It's great, you can use it for cooking, baking or put it in your beer.

There is also a beer brand of it.

Ja, natürlich. Typo

WOLTERS ODER WOLTERS NICH?

HOLSTEN paar mehr?

nicht.

this is a /bier/ thread now

Nee, das ist ja wohl die Härke!

Yes and K's hard lemonade need not apply

Best beer?
Worst beer?

please don't start a german beer meme war

de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Döner_Kebab

Spätzle

The beautiful thing about beer is that there's so many different flavors to choose from. I'm north German and pretty much used to Pils and Bock, but I also love Bavarian Weißbier, Kölsch, Lager, and all the other good stuff you can have. I have a few favorites though.
>Wittinger 1429
>Schneider Weiße
>Bergbräu
>Kloster Scheyern
>Paderborner
>Fiege
And a few brands I'd stay away from:
>Beck's
>Nörten-Hardenberger
>Krombacher
>Warsteiner

Best:
some fucking hipster garbage that costs about 13 dollars a bottle
Worst:
anything you've heard of

Beck's red ale is actually really good, imho

Haven't tried that, could be. The original, gold, ice and green lemon ones are all shit though.

>Paderborner better than Warsteiner
I´m no fan of Warsteiner myself, but i´d still prefer it over Paderborner

Yeah, Paderborner gets a lot of shit because it's so cheap. It's the Eastwestphalian Oettinger.

Agreed. I got shitfaced with Beck's Gold a lot when I was younger, tho.

that loaf looks like a literal meme. also, the eggs are way overcooked, you can see the grey ring around the yolk.

Is that Hollandaise sauce on very young asparagus shoots? I've always wanted to try it this way.

It's a pretty traditional dish. Name translates to 'fake rabbit'. It is meant to look like a rabbit roast with an egg 'filling'. Poor people veriety.

You never had white apsaragus with hollandaise??? No shit, you're missing out. Never considered that a regional dish.
It's a must try.

What is the dish called am Deutsch?

Spargel

You can't get good white asparagus more than 100km away from the Lüneburger Heide anyway.

Du behinderte Wischer.

I'm aware of the German word for asparagus. I thought there was a proprietary name for the dish and sauce.

I'm not but I think it's actually just 'Spargel'.
If you read 'Spargel' on a restaurants menu it's white asparagus with hollandaise 99,9% of the time.
Can't remember eating white asparagus a different way, ever.
If you want to be really, really specific just call it 'Spargel mit Sauce Hollandaise'

Following up on the whole Spargel deal, when asparagus is in season (now), most sides are made of asparagus, either with potatoes, some sauce maybe, or baked in a small tray with beschamel etc.
Most offerings of regular dishes, say pepper steak are available with asparagus and hollandaise as a side.
However, I suspect it would take a rather expensive restaurant to make hollandaise daily as it cannot be refridgerated for following days, and so most the establishments use a pre-made variety in a box.

>türkisch: „(sich) drehendes Grillfleisch“

I went to a German restaurant once and I don't know how authentic it was but it was pretty damn good. Had an appetizer of fried pickles and the entree was fried pork cutlet with a creamy garlic sauce and a side of spatzel or whatever those egg noodles are called. To drink I had this giant bottle of inky black smoked beer that was super strong and tasted like a campfire smells. All in all it was breddy gud.

>tfw dated German girl for a while until she broke it off with me to move back

Since then I've been obsessed with Germany. I'd love to go one day. What's the best way to visit Germany by myself? I'm not going to go to Munich and try to win her back, I promise.

Claim your a refuge and you'll get surrounded by young German pussy, possibly including your ex.

I love this stuff. Especially with cheese.

German food is just nice hearty eats. I've never had a better sausage than a bratwurst.

More like your fellow refugees will help you rob a liquor store and rape young Germans.

I'm mostly German. My favorite thing Opa made was REAL liberwurst.

You could spread it on bread like butter. Unbelievably rich and flavorful! My favorite as a kid was on toasted Rye bread with some horseradish mustard, lettuce and tomato, maybe some onions. Doesn't get better.

Sounds really nice. Never had fried pickles before, but the beer was most certainly Köstritzer Schwarzbier.

>Munich
>Germany

Anyways, don't know about the best way, but I suggest you don't stay in just one city.
You can boldly separate Germany in three main regions.

North
East
South

Nobody gives a damn about the middle western part of the country. Well, cologne maybe, but that's it.

In all honesty, I have yet to make an unpleasant encounter with a refugee.
Worst so far was a few drunk guys from Senegal yelling at a train station and a group of afhgans pushing around a shopping cart on a bumpy road. No harm done. Just a bit obnoxious.

That's the real shit. But I like mine without the greens. Time for breakfast.

I'm not going to say why, but I'm actually impressed with you right now, Veeky Forums. Quite impressed.

Fuck yeah, sauerbraten with some taters and gravy. Little cabbage salad on the side.

My grandma used to make marzipan stollen without raisins. Throw that shit in a buttered pan, fry it up good. Best breakfast ever.

Hey guys, maybe you can help me out. I'm fairly certain it's related, but I had these amazing dumpling things in Austria. They were these sort of bread-potato ball things that this lady microwaved at a food stall. It was one of the most delicious things I've ever eaten. Does anyone know what it might have been? It was a soft texture, firmer than mashed potatoes, kind of like a bunch of really greasy croutons mushed together.

>/german/ no rindsroulade
step up your game

Knödel.

The most comfy stew, which is Eintopf. :)

>that sign on the eintopf cart saying "winter is coming"
looks like hitler knew GoT would be a hit

See You underestimated my thoroughness.

Just got Weiswurst because it looked interesting - do the types of sausages have certain dishes they go best with or is it anything goes?
Sausages like bratwurst, knockwurst, debrichner etc. Obviously frankfurters go in hot dogs.

Northerner here. Weißwurst is a southern (bavarian) dish, so I could be wrong. I think it's usually served cooked, with sweet mustard, a big saltened brezl and wheat beer. It's a pretty standard dish so you should find dozens of good recipes on the internet.

Forgot pic.

Fellow Germanbros!
Post your OC meals so people around the world can see what we actually eat. It isn't always spätzle, sauerkraut and weisswurst.