Why the fuck is this meme food hyped so much?

Why the fuck is this meme food hyped so much?

Because it's a meme?

In all seriousness, the burgers are pretty good, the shakes/concretes are awesome, and the fries suck. That's about all you need to know.

two words:

Public Relations

I just tried it now at the new LA location and I can't help but feel underwhelmed. Yes, the burgers are good. But for the wait and price ($10 for a double burger) feels a little ridiculous.

Also the brownie shake was eh. Which flavor is the best?

Bc east coasters dont know what a good burger is like ;^))))))))))))

I actually live the fries
Not a fan of the shakes
Concretes are amazing
I've only been to the original msp location, been going there since before it was a chain

>4 shake shack related threads on front page
>each only have a handful of replies

It's not. There's just one faggot who's shilling the fuck out of it tonight for some reason, who needs to stop clogging up the entire board.

>classic image.jpg spamming more shake shack

Yeah Idk what that other user was talking about, the shakes suck, the fries are pretty good especially with the cheese sauce

One just opened in Seattle, should I go?

I had it years ago in Ohio and I remember it being decent, but I heard it's better quality in the Midwest for some reason

i tried it for the first time yesterday (moved in a few blocks away), its bretty good. the shake was surprisingly delicious, the burger was good and greasy, a bit above 5 guys tbqh

Been there once, it was pretty alright. I like the emphasis on shakes with your burger.

>all that california hype
>smdh.webm

I went to the one in New Haven a while ago. It was... fine. Same level as BurgerFi or Five Guys, except the fries sucked (although the cheese sauce was quite good).

I wouldn't turn it down, but I'm in no rush to go back.

okay OP.
where do you get your burgers faggot?
there are millions to choose from. Maybe your experience was with one of the shitty cooks?

THIS IS IMPORTANT:
IT IS NOT ABOUT THE RESTAURANT OR THE RECIPE
IT IS ABOUT THE COOK THAT PREPARES YOUR ORDER
100% OF THE TIME

Phone posters need to fucking die

What's wrong with posting from your phone?

Used to work at one, it was hell.
Never enough people on staff, could work 8+ hours with no break, and not get out till 1-2A.M.

They would have HS kids doing this( I wasn't), and hurting their grades and lives. Personally working there harmed my grades for classes so I quit.

I still technically work at a CFA back home, and working there is 40x better than shakeshack, and the food is better.

Overpriced
Cafeteria level fries
Most shakes have no discernable flavors (could close my eyes and not tell what the flavor was).
Burgers are ok, but small for the price point.
Service was suspect at best

There must be a committee or something in every fast food business in the US, where they sit around and say stuff like "God damn! These fries are just too darn healthy. How we gonna turn more people into lard-asses with fries like these?"

"Hey, boss, I've got it! Let's make some god damn CHEESE SAUCE!"

"Give that man a promotion! We'll be filling the heart disease wards in half the time!"

Close.

Fast food fries are shit, no exceptions, because they're the cheapest thing possible. At most places, including most of the "fancier" places, they use frozen fries processed in a factory out of cast-off varieties of potatoes that nobody would by in the grocery store.

It's rare to find fries at a fast food place that even taste like fucking potato rather than salt and the oil they were fried in.

From a business standpoint, they think of fries as cheap and profitable filler so OF COURSE these places serve fries drenched in shit like fake cheese and cafeteria chili sloppily ladelled out of a #10.

BurgerFi cuts their fries in-house. Five Guys cuts their fries in-house.

.. or they figure that, when you're going to a fucking BURGER JOINT, you're throwing health concerns to the wind, and maybe you'd like some cheese sauce on your fries.

>in-house

Yeah, "in-house" at the corporate kitchen two states away and then flash frozen, trucked out to your local restaurant, and seasoned to shit to cover up the fact that they're cheap and flavorless potatoes.

Actually, they're prepared onsite, as in, at the actual restaurant where you're eating. Feel free to continue believing your conspiracy theories, however.

Cheese sauce is not something that should even exist. I'm not even totally sure about whether cheese should exist. Just because you don't give a fuck about your health doesn't mean they should collaborate by making their bad food even worse.

Came into this thread because I wanted to talk shit about Shake Shack and now I'm off to In N Out thanks to this picture.

While Five Guys fries are alright, being cut on-site doesn't mean they're good. I don't fucking get how In and Out can have tasty burgers but such shitty fries, even though they're cut right there in front of you.

$10 for that tiny burger was robbery. Dont get me starter on that tiny tray of fries.

It's not about cutting in house or not. It's how they are handled. Five guys brags about no freezer on site, but they have the same problem as In-N-Out. You can't fry potatoes from raw and get a good crispy product that doesn't sog out in 2 minutes unless you dreadfully over cook them (which five guys does a lot). Any good fry needs at least two cooking cycles. One to remove excess water, then one to establish a crisp.

Yeah, I'll agree with this. Five Guys' fries may be fresh, but that's where the goodness ends. They get mealy and soggy if you don't eat them super fast, and because they give you so many fries, that's pretty much impossible.

I'm always a sucker for their peanut butter shake.

Also their custards and concretes are worth trying. I don't go to shake shack usually, and most of the time I do go it's to get something involving ice cream.

I feel the same way about the burgers. Good, but too much money.

The fries are pre cut frozen crap. They drown them in that cheese sauce so you don't taste how shitty they are.

>concretes
What?

>Why the fuck is this meme food hyped so much?

The only people that actually like/think these places (Shake Shack, In-N-Out, Five Guys, etc...) are great are people who don't cook.

It is very good....compared to other fast food options.

However, if you can't cook something marginally better at home, you don't know how to cook

Nice meme, I bet you also complain about "chemicals" in your food. There's literally nothing wrong with freezing potatoes, crinkle cut is objectively superior due to more crispy surface area. Many chefs will agree that frozen fries are always more consistent in quality and easier to cook. It's pretty much impossible to hire retards at minimum wage that can cook fresh french fries consistently which is why five guys is so inconsistent.

Only stay at home moms complain about frozen foods along with MSG, gluten, and whatever "meme chemical of the month" is floating around pinterest.

I don't want to deep fry at home but this is otherwise true

>I don't want to deep fry at home but this is otherwise true

What does deep frying have to do with cooking a burger?

Thanks for getting so butthurt. I'll bet you take offense to comments on a Pakistani boy - love forum.

There's nothing wrong with frozen fries per se, but they're shitty frozen fries at shake shack. Additionally fresh fries taste better because they taste more like potatoes and less like oil. In terms of cut, crinkle cut style is pretty good, no qualms there.

Shake shack fries are crap. If you want to eat them, don't let me stop you. I'll keep visiting shake shack for the sweet stuff, like I usually do.

you're entitled to your opinion, just like my opinion that their shakes are garbage.

>crinkle cut is objectively superior due to more crispy surface area
That's like saying chips are better versions of fries because they have a larger crispy surface area
So much so that the brits call them crisps

No you'd compare crinkle chips to flat chips