Memorial Day Food

'go dogs are the cornerstone to any backyard bbq

I've never seen pickle relish that shade of green before.

pork ribs and baked beans.

its unique to chi-town

Hotdog are a consistently mediocre food. They are what you eat when they run out of hamburgers but you're fine with that.

Chicago style hotdogs take an always mediocre food and make it taste gross

Is there anything "Chicago Style" that isn't disgusting?

why the fuck is that pickle dipped in salt

Hotdogs are the bomb if you get them from a german butcher. My personal favorite is Seitenwurst which are long skinny hot dogs made from beef, pork, & veal. A close second would be Krainerwurst which are shorter & fatter smoked & made from pork & beef. Store bought hotdogs are barely fit for human consumption.

obviously

Deep dish is amazing

The whole hotdog gets sprinkled with celery salt.

Do they make 'go style deep dish coffins?

Close

Is that corn?

That's not a hot dog, that's a vegetable sandwich.

relish i think
very small diced pickles

I don't get it. Stupid fucking wops have a coronary if you put some ketchup on your hot dog but will pile on all this bullshit?

I've always thought that Chicago dogs look way too busy to enjoy any one component of them.

All the individual components are really simple. It's the combination and balanced flavors that makes them delicious.

well they call it corn dogs for a reason

>Balanced flavors
>Salty meat, salty mustard, salty relish, salty pickled peppers, salty pickle spear, with a sprinkle of salt on top
Yeah sure, two half-slices of tomato really balance all that out, right?

>salty meat, tart mustard, sweet relish, spicy peppers, sour pickle spear, celery salt seasoning sprinkled on top to give it some depth, sweet and savory tomatoes and onions

FTFY

No use arguing with baby boy palates.

Like half the fucking ingredients involve a pickle brine. I don't care if mustard is tangy and peppers are hot, practically every ingredient is a sodium-bomb and there's nothing you can really say to disagree with that.

Honestly, a cucumber spear rather than a pickle spear would be a TREMENDOUS step in the right direction.

its a common topping on the ca-go' dog.
damn tourists.