youtube.com/watch?v=lYuEqux73Ok
newyork.seriouseats.com/2014/01/la-morada-mole-blanco-oaxacan.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Those are sausages.

but they are tacos now

Not for long my esay

yes.

are those green sausages

green chorizo, all the herbs and chilies used in regular chorizo are subbed for fresh/green versions, its not seen outside mexico much

>7728307

looks and sounds delish

Those aren't tacos. That's a cut-open pita pocket.

not what ur mom said last night

How much cilantro do you like in your tacos?

I love tacos, I'd recommend trying tinga and tilapia if you haven't yet

What I like about tacos, aside from being delicious, is all the different fillings available. I always try a new one if possible.

Toasted corn tortillas are more healthy then flour tortillas.

...You mean tostadas?

>beans
way to make ruin your taco

the best tacos areusually that have 1-2 tacos in the menu
youtube.com/watch?v=lYuEqux73Ok

That's not true necessarily.

Where are some good spots for taco in NYC?

preferably with lots of variety and more obscure fillings available

I had already eaten one. 4 tongue tacos and 1 flank steak. Not pictured is all the green sauce i put on em.

Are those Puebla style?

this is usually the case in Mexico. You have your experts in carnitas, lamb, al pastor carne asada andfish tacos. with the occasional taco or two thrown in the menu.

>esay
WA LA

It's different in the US, because Mexican food is not the default cuisine like it is in Mexico. A place that sold nothing but one taco variety probably wouldn't stay in business.

>A place that sold nothing but one taco variety probably wouldn't stay in business

That's where you're wrong

Maybe in a predominately Mexican area, but anywhere else they're better off having a variety.

Actually, even in the heavily Mexican neighborhoods where I live, the taquerias all have at least 5 fillings. The truck I go to is from Mexico City and they have 14.

And guess where the best tacos in the US are from? The cities where the Mexicans are the majority. So that goes back to my statement, the best taquerias usually serve 1-2 tacos (maybe 3)

Like I said though, even in the Mexican neighborhoods around here, all the taquerias sell several varieties.

Where?

NYC

Los tacos #1. doing the old tijuana style of adobada and asada.

Is there a Chicago style taco?

That's not the norm in NYC, though

One of the highest rated taquerias in the city.

I wonder if it's ran by people from Tijuana, the vast majority of the Mexicans in NYC are from Puebla and Mexico City

I love tacos. All of them, espcially the crunchy American tacos with ground beef. I alternate taco nights between shredded chicken, pulled pork, and beef with corn tortillas, flour tortillas and hard shells. I eat the most authentic fuckin tacos ever made and I eat the great American invention since hamburgers and I love them all.

only ever get the burritos from taco bell tho their tacos are dogshit

Ich mag diene Mutter

But its the best in NYC or at least top 3.

Possibly one of the best based on reviews, however it is not the norm, 95+% of the places you come across have more variety. Have you ate there, out of curiosity?

And even that place has 4 taco varieties, in addition to 5 quesadilla varieties.

and interestingly, it's the only authentic Mexican place in NYC that I know about which isn't Puebla, DF, or Oaxaca style

I have. and I would say 3 tacos at best since cactus is just a substitute. and what are these taquerias you are eating at?

So cactus is just so that there's an option for vegeterians?

And the places I've ate at, were a taco truck in Brooklyn, a restaurant in Brooklyn, a restaurant in Manhattan, and a taqueria in Queens, however I'm aware of the menus of many other places. They almost always had several taco fillings.

How did you like Los Tacos #1?

are those ogre dicks?

nah, I've seen it work. They're better as a side though, frijoles charros are goat

THAT'S NOT A REAL TACO!

I've been craving tacos for weeks now

same

Tacos should have a crispy shell, user.

that's a very pleb thing to say

hard shell tortillas are nowhere near as good as soft corn or flour tortillas

La Morada is considered to be one of the best Mexican restaurants in NYC, and they have a variety of tacos if I'm not mistaken. Although they're known more for their excellent Oaxacan moles than their tacos.

On the left: Portobello, Pineapple, and adobo
On the right: Duck, Pineapple and peanuts

And the salsa: Chile de árbol with grasshoppers

its not a taqueria

let me guess, tijuana?

Well no it's not a taqueria, but it's a highly regarded place and it's authentic as it gets

yes, welcome to hipster heaven

I'm assuming that place is maquina 65 ? I'm almost sure it is. I could be wrong

And I bet they don't specialize in tacos, and since it is Oaxacan restaurant, I doubt they do.

No, they specialize in moles, however their tacos are still said to be very good

If I'm going to eat tacos, I'm not gonna go somewhere that is known for their moles, despite it being authentic or not. With that being said, los tacos#1 tacos are good, on pair with the adobada in tacos el gordo from cali/vegas. I would say better since their tortillas are much better.

It's a hawking center called "El Búnker"

Never heard of it. Only been to food garden and colectivo 9. They also have beer there, which is good. I'll try it out next mnth.

Pour a jar of salsa into a taco salad shell!

Wa La!

Why do people get so uppity about what a "Real" taco is? It's nothing to get upset over.

It's not like we get mad about the thing americans call taco, it's the fact that is the americans that are the ones getting it wrong... then it goes to Europe... then Asia... And in no time everybody thinks that american food is mexican

You must open up restaurants in Europe if you want them to know what real Mexican food is like

kek I just looked up Mexican restaurants in London for fun, there's one called "Mestizo". It seems there actually are some authentic Mexican restaurants in Europe, but nowhere near as many as the US I have to imagine.

No but we have chicago style tortas. nothing like a fresh 'go style 'ta

Why would migrants pay to get there when we can just cross a river?
Plus, all street food has being taken over by arabs, there is no niche for mexican food

Europe and even much of the US is not saturated with Mexican food, therefore setting up business would be a good idea.

Even here in NYC there isn't that much Mexican food outside of taquerias in heavily Mexican neighborhoods. I mean, there's a good amount still but it's not like LA or San Antonio.

I might get a taco to go home or as an appetizer

Go eat take . Order 2 types of mole take pics and make a review

Once I have the money, I will definitely go there and make a thread about it. I'll probably get chicken in mole negro with a tinga taco as an appetizer.

What do you guys put in your tacos?

My favorite way to do them is to get some cheap ass beef, cube steak or stewing beef or whatever, stab the shit out of it with a fork, then boil that in veggie broth and spices. Right when it's finished, I pull it out with a slotted spoon, pull it apart like pulled pork, then throw it back in the broth to simmer while I get everything else ready.

Then I get some pico de gallo, a kind of sweet herb slaw (whatver I have in my garden + whatever I have in my fridge + lime + rice vinegar and another ingredient that escapes me at the moment) and plain avocado. If I'm doing burritos I do pretty much the same thing but add Spanish rice. Good eatin'

I like adobada pork.

don't play it safe and try two types of mole. try their black and white. 30 isnt much for good foodd

I can't finish all that food lol

newyork.seriouseats.com/2014/01/la-morada-mole-blanco-oaxacan.html

Go try the white mole first. I didn't think Mole blanco was really an Oaxacan dish. Mole de novia is a central mexican dish usually made in weddings (mostly in oaxacan dish).There is mole blanco in LA, but not in Oaxacan restaurants. But yeah, go try that first.

I meant mostly in tlaxcala *************

So is it Oaxacan or not? Either way I hear all their moles are really good. Have you actually tried any of them yourself?

Is Mole de Novia the same thing as Mole Blanco?

Mole de novia is mole blanco. Was actually made in angelica vale's wedding, and it only known in central mexico but many dishes are claimed to be from oaxaca whle others say it is from puebla/central mexico (manchamenteles for example). I havent been to la morada but I'm sure their moles are good, the original cook is a mayora from oaxaca.

Do you live in New York?

Nope but been there a couple of times. Glad to see that Mexican is getting the exposure there, especially with Enrique Olvera opening his restaurant 2 years ago. el altodaero is good old school home made cuisine and black ant is great haute mexican. fonda is overrated.

are those the 3 Mexican restaurants you went to?

Agreed. Served these in a shit hole on the east cost of Baja California and we're wtf but was damned good.

Those look bad

yeah terrible..i guess thats why theres a line all day there..go figure

this is from the same place. so bad.

you waited in a line for that?

stop trolling. the one in your second pic is from tacos el gordo. the first pic is not even al pastor and the other pork taco looks overcooked. and their carne asada is made on a griddle 0/10 will never eat that crap

I dont know, got em in Bear, Delaware.

>adobada
>not al pastor
>the bean king has spoken