Poutine

Alright, fucking leaves, are there variations to your magnifique poutine? If so, what are they? Explain your recipes.

'cago style 'tine

Ah look - another British dish but with a French sounding name.

Pomme frite avec la sauce?

Having the gravy on the side is essential unless you want a soggy mess

Poutine literally means "mess"

Don't care

Well you should, you're going to keep doing it wrong otherwise.

>unless you want a soggy mess
M8, that's the whole fucking point of it. It's a cheesy soggy potatoey mess of hot goodness.
It's not high cuisine.
It's something you buy on the way home from the bar, maybe with a kebab. The man hands it to you, and you stagger down the road a ways, settle on some steps, and crack the tub open. It smells delicious, and then you take the first spoonful of the mush. It tastes delicious.

I accidentally stumbled upon the best place to eat it while in Montreal. Got it from a surprisingly big kebab shop, walked down to the steps of the art gallery, sat there, and ate it while watching the procession of cars.

It's french canadian you swine

C'est Québécois osti de tabarnak de tas de marde du calice.

>poutine
>gravy on the side is essential

Even if I'd never visited Montreal and had poutine, I would still know enough about food (even just from being on Veeky Forums, believe it or not) to know that putting the gravy on the side would completely defeat the purpose of the dish.

Chips and gravy in aus

There are an infinity of variations, which aren't really complex. Depending on the restaurant, you can pretty much get anything added on it.

Some staples are:

Italian poutine - substitute gravy with spaghetti sauce

Galvaude - add chicken and green peas

Also with added hamburger and caramelized onions

Once i had a breakfast poutine, the fries were thick breakfast potatoes, with curds and béchamel sauce instead of the gravy. It had a poached egg and breakfast sausages on it. Pretty crazy.

I'm thinking of making a Philly cheese steak variation with steak, mushroom, peppers and provolone, with a pepper gravy.

Other than that, just fucking add whatever you want to it, it's supposed to be messy. Pro tip: pulled pork is excellent

Because we don't add cheese curds.

this guy know is shit.
criss de tapette

>leaves
I's a fucking Fleur de Lysé mon cochon!

NICE B8 M8
FUCK OFF!

A diner near my place.
The base of a classic poutine is double fried thick cut potatoes.
Then you had fresh cheese curds. For some reason those are readily available only in Ontario, Quebec, New-Brunswick and Wisconsin.

You cover the whole thing with a chicken based gravy, but it more a thick sauce than a gravy.

That's the classical recipe, but you can do any variation of this and still have a great comforting plate, because that's what the poutine is all about.

There's this place near me in Victoria BC called "La Belle Patate" that makes the most amazing fucking poutine I have ever had.

Canadian Brewhouse makes a donair poutine that'll make you jizz your pants after a dozen drinks. Also there's a place in the mall near where I live that makes all kinds of ballin' poutine. Stroganoff, Mexican, bacon cheeseburger, all good shit.

Poutine burger extreme
La québécois

Those two I'd be interested in trying

Baked fries
Garlic gravy
Nutritional yeast based cheese

Love being vegan

There's a fuckton of variations famalam
Pretty much every place that sells it aside from the joints for basic bitches has at least 3 or 4 kinds, a lot have a dozen or more.

It's kind of our pizza of sorts.

That breakfast poutine sounds Delicious i shall try that this week thx friendo
i am in ontario i cannot fine cheese curds which shop should i be shopping at?

>You cover the whole thing with a chicken based gravy, but it more a thick sauce than a gravy.
>
>That's the classical recipe, but you can do any variation of this and still have a great comforting plate, because that's what the poutine is all about.
traditional poutine gravy is half beef half chicken based. its what differentiates it from every other gravy.

>cheese curds
any store neer the quebec border. I'm sure they are hard to find downtown toronto.

There's a cheese maker in Prince Edward County that makes them. I think it's called Black River Cheese.

But that's quite a schlep for most people.

Cheese curds should be bought and eaten the same day they are made. Make sure they haven't been refrigerated otherwise they lose some flavour.

If you can't use them the day they're made then refrigerate them but let them come to room temperature before eating them.

I'm flying to Vancouver today, where should I get poutine?

>Vancouver
>poutine

Wrong coast m80

i think my favorite variation is shepherds pie poutine, adds ground beef, corn and peas in
shits amazing

la belle patate, on davie
late night poutine+steamie is top tier

leaf here

poutine is gross. i eat maybe once a year. not sure where all the hype is.

Pretty much this.
Not gonna lie, any Costco hast a pretty decent poutine as well.

Only answer is St. Albert Cheese...

>Black River Cheese
!!!!!!!!!!!! They have an online store yassss ok thx bro much obliged, i was about to plan a road trip centered around getting this cheese due to my boring life but alas the pearls of online shopping have thwarted another potentially dangerous adventure

I ORDERED IT hmmm i do love my cheese, happy times ahead friends happy times.

i had a breakfast poutine from allo mon coco and fuck me they soaked it in hollandaise

are you female or just an effeminate male

well judging by the amount of body hair on myself i could be mistaken for your sheman of a girlfriend. But no man i am just a dude playing a dude disguised as dude who wants poutine.

I made some home made poutine a few weeks ago. I really like it. Don't have any pics but the recipe was:
- pulled pork from a slow cooked pork shoulder.
- some crinkle cut french fries
- made some stock gravy
- covered it in mozzarella cheese and some bbq sauce as well

Was really good. Next time I'll try some cheese curds and maybe add some more vegetables or something. But it's suprisingly easy to make on your own with good results and the sky's the limit on customizing it.

I also forgot to add that I made a uncooked brocolli cole slaw with it. Had mayo, sour cream, and some olive oil and vinegar in it. Added a really nice crunchy tangy flavor to rest of it.

Poutine looks so bland and unappetizing. None of these things look like the mesh.

>mozzarella cheese

That's disco fries, not poutine.

>go to a chink resturaunt
>order a poutine on the menu
>it comes covered with cheddar cheeze

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>ordering non-chinese food at a chinese restaurant

i am from austria and i dont understand this dish

wikipedia it pls.

i know what it is

but i dont understand why people eat it

>"culture"

Isn't this just chips and gravy

It's the perfect food to eat when you are drunk.

Too much pepper in the gravy, Belgian Fries is the best stuff I've had. If you're in New West there's a little place called Anny's Dairy Bar too.

>Black cherry
>Steamie dogs

Super traditional

Annie's in new west does a super traditional poutine. Lady that runs the place is French Canadian as fuck too.

Spud shack ( also in new Westminster) is more modern hipster poutine with many variations.

It's also worth noting that most domain stands out in the valley also serve poutine, including an interesting variation where those crazy Arabs put the domain meat and sauce on the poutine

DONAIR

fucking spell check

bacon and montreal smoked meat are popular additions.

New York Fries does shit like butter chicken poutine. I'd stay away from it.

You can also get Supreme Fries from food trucks around Toronto. This is poutine with ground beef, iceberg, and sour cream added. It's pig disgusting.

Popeyes does a surprisingly good cajun poutine with spicy pulled chicken gravy and seasoned fries. It would be better with fresh squeaky curds though

The key to a good poutine is the quality ingredients. The fries have to be crisp, the gravy flavourful, and the curds very very fresh. Don't mess with hipster meme toppings.

Glad it worked out bro. Can't wait to see your thread about how good those cheese curds are.

Off topic, but the person who took a perfectly good gyro and added a sweet sauce to it should be shot.

Fucking Maritimers.

Saved the gif. But I don't think I'll get many opportunities to use it.

Donair Poutine
Butter Chicken Poutine

Gyros are garbage compared to donairs.

Poutine or Carne asada fries?

Poutine is overrated. Really sorry to have to say this but it's true.

>likes butter chicken and donair poutine.
>says donairs are better than gyros.

You have taste bud cancer. See a doctor.

>Poutine is overrated

No, it's properly rated.

It's a local junk food that people eat on occasion. No one calls it gourmet or suggests one should have a poutine weekly.

>Canadian burgers

this > poutine anyday, sorry lel

Donc

My favorite

Carne asada fries hold a special place in my cholesterol ridden heart. But each has their place and time. Sometimes you want gravy, and sometimes you want nacho cheese.

Looks nasty but you want true drunk food ... garlic bacon cheese chip. And I'll see you in the cardiac ward

>mon visage quand j'éssai la poutine dans tout les restaurant qui l'affiche au menu
>Si c'est pas les frites qui sont pas parfaites c'est la sauce qui a aucun caractère ne parlons même pas des restaurants qui utilise du fromage rapé
J'èspere trouver mon Graal un jour.

Chez Gerard used to be good until it was sold to immigrants.

La Belle Province used to be good until it was sold to immigrants.

That's what happens when you let foreigners take over a local dish. You end up with shirt-tier poutine.

Can you imagine what would happen to sushi in Japan if a bunch of foreigners took it over?

Not bait. Chips and gravy has been a thing for centuries

Va chier osti de plotte sale, tu reconnais pas la bouffe québécoise?

/thread desu; poutine is some of the nastiest shit ever and I have no idea how people eat it