So is this guy popular in the UK...

So is this guy popular in the UK? I know he didnt get to Ramsay's level but does he have like his food in thr markets tv shows etc...?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sYTbCh6w6bw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He's like the Marlon Brando of the UK. He is pretty much the unofficial representative of British life and culture. His personality and persona is pretty much representative of modern-day Britain. He represents the future. A bright future.

does he still do cooking shows?

He still does cooking shows i believe
He's a fucking legend

he was on a show called 'ready steady cook' where he wasn't the host, but sort of like the show's 'resident chef'

He was also the host

And yes OP, he does have a range of products in supermarkets. Done a few cookbooks too I think

he's not so famous anymore though.

everyone likes Aisnley, but I don't know that he does all that much work anymore.

I don't really know where he's gone, honestly, because he's universally liked. Perhaps he's seen as a throwback to before everything was about Michelin chefs presenting cooking shows.

Yeah, he was on a lot of cooking shows and shit. He's a cool dude as well. is correct about him.

This, I saw a food show of his on TV the other day that was made years ago and i forgot much of a genuinely nice guy he is.

Recently he did do that show with len from strictly but I think he's pretty much been doing nothing.

used to be more famous, did a show called "ready steady cook" which was really popular from like 1995-2006, still pretty famous. last time i saw him on tv he was doing some thing in spain talking about spanish food.

He does tidbits on tv and has the main flavoured couc couc brand you see in supermarkets. I think I've seen things like jerk paste with his faceon too

there was a petition to get him on the £20 redesign and iirc he got a huge number of votes

he's a household name and whilst not being known so well for being a skillful chef as somebody like ramsay he is a bit of a cultural icon

he's just infinitely likeable, funny, friendly, always does signings and things like visiting childrens hospitals, is actually talented and non-condescending when he demonstrates, what more could you want?

plus his couscous range is the best pre-made you can get in a supermarket in the uk

I think it might be due to the "time to oil up" meme but generally most people I've meet that know of him like him.

>does he have like his food in thr markets tv shows etc...?
Yes and Yes
youtube.com/watch?v=sYTbCh6w6bw

Where Ramsay is known for being representative of total professionalism and elitism in cooking, Ainsley is all about the joy of cooking.

He recently did a show with Len Goodman, a man whose favourite food was gammona and chips and who wouldn't eat anything remotely foreign, where he took him to a bunch of different world cuisine restaurants and got him to broaden his horizons just so he could experience the wonders of trying new things.

Ainsley is love.

As a brit I can say that Ainsley is a national treasure and we definitely need more of him everywhere.

i seen that! the food looked delicious

think he made a spanish omlette w/ chorizo and the locals preferred his recipe over the local.

He hosted some show called Ready Steady Cook. Everything he does is upbeat and fun.
He's probably the best TV chef ever.

American here, I had never seen this stuff, just the pictures of him. Watching his Jamaican Toasted Sandwhich video, and I can see why he is a national treasure.

Ainsley Harriott's Street Food is a very enjoyable food travel series and was released in 2015. Watch it if you haven't already.

>He recently did a show with Len Goodman
FYI It's Len and Ainsley's Big Food Adventure.

thx bb