Quick breakfasts

hey Veeky Forums it's summer, which (probably) means everything is hot and kind of awful. some mornings you don't wanna bother with anything that needs to be cooked, what do you guys make for breakfast that takes like zero effort

pic related, this is what i'm having this morning. i never really got into the habit of cold cereal and milk because of a lactose intolerance, but if i thin instant oatmeal out a little more with some almond milk. i end up with nice soft oats in strawberry milk. very cozy

What the fuck are you eating? Breaded but uncooked precooked shrimp?

this was admittedly a very misleading picture of what instant oatmeal looks like

there are oats under there i promise

i do wonder if breaded but uncooked precooked shrimp are a thing, and what purpose they would serve

So then what's on top. I get that its freeze dried strawberries, you claim there's oats on the bottom, but what's with the crumbly shit on top?

Oats with yogurt and fruit
Coffee

i think that's like, either banged up oats, or some sort of powdered milk like substance. for example the one i ate was strawberries and cream!

it dissolves just fine user no worries, just makes everything kinda milky and a little sticky. it's what oats tend to do.

good choices user, how do you take your coffee

hey I'd also like to hear some alternatives to my standard breakfast. milk, cornflakes, greek yoghurt, honey, banana.
pretty good breaky but that much dairy can get to you.
coffee one sugar and milk.

Half cup of rolled oats (takes 5 mins to cook) and an orange.

Lasts me a few hours with or without exercise.

nice brekky friend

maybe swappin out the yogurt for a muffin or something similar? the thin instant oatmeal thing works fine for me as a cornflakes/milk substitute (i add milk but you don't have to! oats kind of get milky and creamy even if you add water) but i don't have any attachment to cold cereal and milk

come to think of it...would almond milk work alright for cereal? is there some sort of ideal proportions for it all? we have much to learn in this quick breakfasts thread

Black with sugar

I could definitely go a savoury muffin for breakfast.
But I was raised by a dad that had guns and drank beer. I've never had almond milk and I avoid quiche, I don't want to let you down Dad.
It's getting cold here though, oatmeal and porridge could become a big part of my life.

My housemate lives exclusively on baked beans, fried eggs and toast. And you know, I like all of these things, but to see someone consume them religiously kinda makes me feel like a heathen to not eat them and i like it, or something.

How do you feel about re-heating last nights dinner on toast?

My breakfast this morning

perfectly acceptable, i've had leftover tamales on toast and stuff, always p good

milk is the one thing i am sort of allergic to food wise. i can eat cheese and ice cream and stuff and mostly be fine but the second pure unadulterated milk comes into the picture. it's puke city.

>lime cucumber

i have my doubts that this could be a good flavor but alright user. rest of your breakfast checks out great, i love eggs

I bought it yesterday because I was like "there is no way this taste like the flavor it says"

I was mistaken. This is like drinking pure cucumber with a hint of lime. I shit you not. It isn't a flavor I'll grab all the time but if you like cucumbers you'd dig this drink.

STOP EATING IN YOUR FUCKING BED YOU MUTT

oh plsno cucumbers are good for stirfries and in salads but a full bottle of the juice sounds a lil grose

you just trying to get rid of it this morning i assume? seems pretty acquired-taste like

Why not just eat Muesli?

I might have to get on the thin instant oatmeal train.

> drinking pure cucumber with a hint of lime
thats funny as, I've never seen it here

I eat oatmeal with chopped bananas almost every morning, and when they're too ripe, I make banana bread the night before.

>Muesli
oh shit i've never had it before actually

seems like something to look into! i just have a lot of instant oatmeal around the house at all times, it's cheap and tasty

also my mom would make plain oatmeal into a drink, it's called avena, and i make it for her whenever she drops by

I just took the picture there calm down

I ate it at my computer desk!

Extremely acquired taste. It is growing on me. I think if I drink another I'd probably like it more than I do now

Cream of Wheat > Oatmeal

>I take pictures of food on my bed

Fucking why?

Why are you so upset?

I'm an angry man with a frustrating life.

yesss join us (me) (mostly just me)

basically put in enough water to cook and then wait for it to cook, before thinning it out to a consistency you think you might like. i usually splash a little vanilla extract in there, maybe a little brown sugar if there's no little freeze dried fruits already in there. the thin oatmeal train is very versatile

oh man, good luck with the rest of the bottle

do you drink gatorade for sports reasons or just cause you're a fan? i've only ever had it when i've been puking my guts up, or whenever all the other soda fountains at mcdonalds are broken and all i have to drink is that blue powerade. which isn't that bad desu

yeah man I'm gunna try that. I'm going for groceries tomorrow.
thanks for this thread, im gunna catch some z's

night my guy, may your future breakfasts be great

If I'm rushing I usually do instant oatmeal + water in the microwave for about a minute. Greek yogurt with honey and fruit is good too. If you have a blender and it's too hot to cook, you could blend frozen fruit with a frozen banana and some almond milk for a smoothie. Just make sure you run the fruit and banana under warm water to thaw it out a little before throwing it in the blender.

Pic is what I'm having this morning. My version of a breakfast burrito.

>toasted english muffin
>shmear of jam
>dollop of plain greek yogurt
>berries

or

>toasted english muffin
>dollop of cottage cheese
>sliced tomatoes
>s&p

I can't hardly bear getting the kitchen hot in the summer, I pretty much eat only cold foods, with a few exceptions, like when I grill outside or can cook late at night when it's not hot.

How about something that only needs to be cooked once a week? Granola. Do it early on Sat morning when the house is still cold.

3c oats
1c coconut flakes
1tsp cinnamon
1/4tsp salt
3 tb brown sugar

Combine all those together with your hands.

1/4c oil (any kind)
1/3c honey
1tbl vanilla

Combine all those together and pour over the dry ingredients. Use a spatula to mix them together well. Or your hands, but they will get really sticky.

Bake in something that you can spread it out on thin. 350F 15 min. Take it out stir it. 350F 15min again. Take it out stir it, let it sit for 30 min.

Add whatever fruits and nuts you got. Raisins are good. Sliced almonds are good. Really whatever you got on hand.

Put it away in a plastic tub and you got breakfast for the next week.

oooh nice, i see you have guac/pico de gallo/sour cream, bretty gud

i've made a lot of breakfast smoothies but those were for commute! my college is two hours away so i usually left the house with a cherry-vanilla breakfast smoothie or something very close to what you described, and then maybe had some nuts on the train or something.

Use diluted cold applesauce instead of milk for your cereal, it's way better and most likely cheaper (certainly cheaper than almond milk). Dilute it to about 7-10% sugar, to taste. Works very well with cinnamon and vanilla of course. Add hazelnuts and almonds. Wa la

Tomato sauce works for savory cereals as well in my experience, but not cold. In winter I do tomato sauce and vinegar with spelt flakes and unsweetened corn flakes in the microwave. Also horseradish

Really you can use almost any fruit concentrate as a cereal base. The whole milk + cereal is a gigantic marketing stunt on part of the dairy industry.

Brown toast with peanut butter

a slice of bread with some cheese and a cup of milk

pancakes and a slice of ham.

pancakes are literally just equal parts flour and buttermilk with 1/4 tsp baking powder and an egg, takes me less than 10 minutes to mix and cook. i usually use rye flour because I have a lot of it, but you could use any other type.

Rice cooker gets steel cut oats, dash of cinnamon, and some sliced dried apricots the night before. At exactly 6:40am, after I've woken up, gotten a shower, and had a shave, it finishes cooking and I have a hot bowl of delicious cinnamon apricot oatmeal. Zero effort.

I like steel cut oats because they have a nicer texture than instant rolled oats.

Looks like breadcrumbs and torn off freeze-dried labias.

Excited to start high school in fall?

cereal

you don't have to cook everything you know

yes. I'm afraid but pumped at the same time.

>NUESTRO SABOR

Top kek you latin motherfucker

nice bowl of ful and some bread

I take a jar of peanut butter and a banana, see, and I take a spoon, and I take a bite of peanut butter with every bite of banana. Breakfast of champs. Sometimes I have almond milk mixed with protein powder, or coffee mixed with a rich chocolate protein powder to drink with my quick breakfast.

Grapefruit or hardboiled eggs
or Grapefruit & a hardboiled egg