Are there any nice recipes that use (red) kidney beans that aren't chilli con carne...

Are there any nice recipes that use (red) kidney beans that aren't chilli con carne? Preferable healthy and easy ones because I am shit at cooking. I want to eat more beans (not baked beans in sauce, for a change) but here in the UK it seems that kidney beans make up 90% of the market of non-baked beans.

Other urls found in this thread:

groceries.asda.com/search/beans?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-_-asdacom-_-hp-_-search-beans
tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=black lentils&icid=tescohp_sws-1_black lentils
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to fuck Makoto's tits, if you know what I mean.

Why don't you fuck them with a nice, hard, throbbing kidney bean recipe?

what animu?

It's Blazblue, a game. All types of waifus here.

Best girl, by the way.

refried beans

>kidney beans
>heated on low
>dried onion
>garlic
>cumin
>pepper
>bullion cube

after they're quite soft, mash them against the side of the pot until thick and satisfactory, and eat over toast or in quesadillas or whatever

Bullet a slut. Lambda is pure!

jammu rajma

google is your friend!

Thanks very much.

I did try that, believe it or not, and it was pretty much just chilli or sausages with beans.

found this in

Not OP but holy fuck you're retarded. It's obvious he's asking for some recommendations. Now, I don't know why he wants a cu/ck/'s opinion, but he wants something from you guys.

'the hell is wrong with you?
Any supermarket features a wide range of both canned and dried beans of many varities.

Make dal makhani. You'll need black lentils too.

He just said he tried and failed to find anything good on google, so I helped him. Why should I care if he can't do the most basic of searching?

Factually untrue.

I make red bean curry from time to time.

While I typically make bean burgers from black beans, in reality, any bean is fine, kidney no exception.

If you split and peel them (soak them in lye water first, then wash them and they will split and peel as you go), you can use them to make cambuulo, a type of porridge. It's most typically made with azuki beans, but kidney beans work just as well.

My grandmother used to make a smooth, cream/purée soup of red beans flavoured strongly with sage. It's called vörösbabfőzelék. I may be able to translate a recipe into English for you, if that interests you.

Yeah, thanks, that sounds nice.

>lye water
Are you trying to kill OP?

And yet I'm on mysupermarket now and you are wrong.

I mean I have been to a supermarket before so obviously you're wrong, but this is just some sort of American shitposting thread anyway.

What? Those 3 are UK supermarkets, 3 of the major ones. I've since checked Tesco and found about 7 small bags of dried beans that each cost about twice as much as twice as many tinned beans (in weight) despite dried beans being supposedly cheaper.

So given that out of 4 of the major supermarkets in the UK, only 1 I've checked had any dried beans, and even then only a few small bags, it's not all that common or easy to get hold of.

An user just mentioned black lentils. I checked Tesco and all they have is some pre-made little snack thing that features black lentils. Asda has no results. This is what I'm talking about, this stuff seems hard to get. If you search for "beans" on Asda, this is what you get (spoilers: several pages of baked beans):

groceries.asda.com/search/beans?cmpid=ahc-_-ghs-_-asdacom-_-hp-_-search-beans

I'm from the UK and I had the exact same problem, OP. Tesco sells bags of dried kidney beans in their wholefoods section, they're actually cheaper than canned ones because the weight increases after you cook them, just like rice. That's what I use. Never found any other beans for sale at a major supermarket.

Tescos carries dried
Pinto
Adzuki
Soya
Black turtle
Lima
Black eye
Cannelini
and yes, Kidney beans

It's just too bad that 500g is nearly £2 whereas I could get 1600g of tinned kidney beans for £1 from Asda. I dunno, maybe it's lack of Mexican and East Asian immigrants here. We have curry all over the fucking place thanks to all the Indians and Pakistanis. I could pop out for 10 minutes, go into any food shop at all, and come back with enough curry to fill my entire house with it.

I mean, this was my original point, that while I'm not claiming that it's literally 100% impossible to get anything else in the UK, it's pretty rare and with a limited variety. There's literally about 10 times the varieties of baked beans (e.g. with sausages, with curry) in just ONE supermarket than there are of ALL types of dried beans in ALL British supermarkets.

Yeah, our variety is pretty terrible. It's hard to get anything that isn't processed or tinned (without paying a shitload, at least).

Well time to just accept it and move on.

You're a fucking spastic, I bought lentils and black eyed peas from Tesco this very morning. You know, on the dried food aisle, you know, next to the tinned food aisle.

Mong.

This is bait.

Ah so I was right, this entire shitposting thread was just an American looking for a way to mock the UK, but on beans of all things, that's just pathetic.

Kill yourself.

No. Lye is commonly used to process food all over the world. In east Asia, it's used to make Asian-style meatballs and to make noodles (makes meatballs bouncy, which is a quality Asians like for some reason, and noodles chewy). In Europe, it's used in bread baking and in processing of beans (gives bread a dark, smooth and shiny finish and allows beans to split and shed skin easily). In the Middle East, East Africa and the Subcontinent, it's used mostly for splitting beans, as in Europe, but also in a handful of other things.
In the Americas, it's mostly used with corn.

It's perfectly safe if you're not an idiot with the stuff. Kinda like using a stove or oven.

Looking over some recipes, it's honestly a lot of work and loaded with fat, so it's neither healthy nor easy. Not sure I'm in much the mood after all to translate something so involved if I'm pretty sure it's not gonna get used, sorry.
As penance, may I suggest a simpler soup that utilises kidney beans, such as minestrone or something similar? One that I grew up eating is kale, onion, garlic and chillies cooked together in lard or olive oil then topped off with cooked kidney beans and veg stock, brought to the boil, salted to taste and served with twice-baked bread.

Then they should list their products on their website. Anyway, you fucking idiot, in the post you're angrily ranting at I said that Tesco is pretty much the only one that does.

However this is their website after a search for "black lentils".

tesco.com/groceries/product/search/default.aspx?searchBox=black lentils&icid=tescohp_sws-1_black lentils

Yes, hilarious bait that happens to be 100% correct: As you can see, the first result for "dried beans" on Aldi was a selection of fucking chairs.

>this ridiculous paranoia
Search these websites yourself, psycho. Like I did here

Are you a fucking idiot?

Isn't this based on your nearest local store that home delivers?

You just live in some shit place.

No, I'm not logged in and there's nothing that indicates that it's basing it on my location on any of the sites. I mean, if you followed that link and only saw one product, that's not basing it on my location, obviously. Look at the URL, there's no location info there.

Anyway, I live in the 2nd largest city in the UK and there are dozens and dozens of Tescos within just a few miles of me.

platinum is pure sex

Wrong

yall niggas need taste

I've made fried bean patties from a big can of red kidney beans I had.

There's also a strange recipe for sweet potato burritos that I'll make soon that uses six cups of kidney beans. (Many burritos)

It's a good question, most people only ever talk about kidney beans in chili.

post recipe pls

Oi mate, just go to the Asian grocer. Indian people love beans they usually have all kinds, black, black eyed, crab eye.

Can you do this in a pan to make a patty, like a bean burger?

did you look in the dry bean section? how do you not have pinto beans?

You guys are idiots. So many fighting games to pick a waifu from and you pick the one without traps.

Because this is one big yank shitposting thread.

but mai is better than any trap

>Can you do this in a pan to make a patty, like a bean burger?

Sure, but you would need to add a binder to it so the patty sticks together. Refried beans have the texture of mashed potatoes.