Stainless Steel Cookware - Brands?

I'm looking into getting some stainless steel cooking pieces but I don't want to buy some WalMart brand crap. I'm just wondering, what is a good brand as far as quality goes?

Other urls found in this thread:

centurylife.org/how-to-choose-cookware/
centurylife.org/is-all-clad-worth-it-is-it-still-made-in-america-why-does-it-cost-so-much-what-are-some-alternatives/
centurylife.org/cookware-even-heating-rankings-induction-and-electric/
centurylife.org/cookware-even-heating-rankings-butane-propane-natural-gas-etc/
surlatable.com/product/PRO-396929/Demeyere Proline Skillets
youtube.com/watch?v=W92aiL-4jK8
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what you posted.

All-Clad, ehh?
What about Revere Ware?

Bump

allclad is overrated garbage, for that price point you could go for a tin lined copper pan or a stainless steel copper pan if you're careless.

All clad are great, if a little pricey. Buy " used" off Amazon and save ~$20.

It's far from garbage.

it's american made. what are some good quality american made copper pans at that price point?

Anyone know anything about Kitchen Craft by West Bend?

it is garbage in terms of the amount of value you get. the prices are exorbitant considering the pans have aluminum cores. even their copper core line is cheaply made with only 1 mm copper.
to answer your question, brooklyn copper cookware and falk. but why do you insist on american made products? there are plenty of great european cookware manufacturers as well.

look no further

I have an All-Clad but it sticks unless I try to do it correctly. For non-sticks there's no way to not do it correctly.

Which sucks because I love how it looks and feels but I'm too much of a retard.

why I insist is because I am a nationalistic american. lets not get into politics here, but I'll look into those. I have several pieces of all clad that I like, but I don't really see a reason to just have one brand or type of pan.

is copper ok for a glass-top? I assume it is.

do what correctly

all clad also makes nonstick pans.

yes it will work on a glass cooktop, but the benefit of fast reaction time to changes in heat will be largely wasted since the glass will react much more slowly than the pan to changes in temperature. one workaround to this is to have another burner on the heat setting you want to change to.

Like heat it up properly before putting oil in the pan. Or not putting oil at all for certain things that would work just fine with a non-stick, for example reheating a pizza in the skillet.

I have a stainless steel. I'm not gonna spend top dollar on a nonstick.

I don't think allclad nonstick aren't that bad. I saw $50 for a nonstick grill pan of theirs at bedbathbeyond today.

but I have cuisinart nonstick, anyways.

The all-clad cuisinart set on amazon is pretty good. It's like $200 which is a good deal, they are expensive if you get them separate.

Here's the deal OP. All-Clad used to be the best choice until the patent on their pan construction ran out. Now you can find generic versions of their cookware with identical or better thermal properties (mostly from using higher gauge steel for some of the clad layers) for less than ⅓ their asking price such as with the Cuisinart MultiClad Pro series, some Volrath pans, and the Tramontina Tri-Ply Clad series on a serious budget.
centurylife.org/how-to-choose-cookware/
centurylife.org/is-all-clad-worth-it-is-it-still-made-in-america-why-does-it-cost-so-much-what-are-some-alternatives/

Here are thermal test rankings of various pans depending on if you use gas or electric/induction:
centurylife.org/cookware-even-heating-rankings-induction-and-electric/
centurylife.org/cookware-even-heating-rankings-butane-propane-natural-gas-etc/

If you want the best skillet on the market with maximum heat conduction, retention, and distribution look into 5-Ply designs with the best of the best being the Demeyre Proline (which are absurdly expensive). Those suckers will fry a steak in it's own fat
surlatable.com/product/PRO-396929/Demeyere Proline Skillets
youtube.com/watch?v=W92aiL-4jK8

Bumping for this.
They're expensive as all hell but they boast "waterless cooking." what's up with that?

>"waterless cooking." what's up with that?

Marketing bullshit. Pay it zero attention.