Why does America have such a sweet tooth?

Why does America have such a sweet tooth?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LHv2dIM3t9I
youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_production_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/AnonBabble

why doesn't the rest of the world have such a sweet tooth?

probably from a lack of freedom or the inability to pursue the american dream.

Corn subsidies and sugar addiction. I can see the problem is leaking into our neighbors.

How much worse is HFCS than sugar?

Commodities traders needed a way to unload corn from the market, so the answer was to put HFCS in literally everything.

Probably not that much worse. If were talking about HFCS vs sucrose, we're talking about an additional single enzymatic step, for an enzyme that doesn't need to be constantly rebuilt.

If it is worse the difference isn't substantial, and overconsumption of any sugar is already extremely harmful.

It's pretty much the same

The problem is how cheap HFCS is, which leads to manufacturers dumping massive quantities of it into everything

Niggers. There's a reason why they have higher rates of diabetes. They eat a lot of sugar. Africa can't afford sugar, so the niggers in the States contribute to our sweet tooth. I'm white and don't sweeten hardly anything.

>I'm white and don't sweeten hardly anything.

Yeah but your shitty processed food comes already heavily sweetened by the manufacturer

>by country
>latin america

youtube.com/watch?v=LHv2dIM3t9I

Perhaps, but I go out of my way to select shitty processed food that is low in sugar.

What does that even mean

google fatty liver

Imagine your produce doesn't taste very good
Then imagine you eat a lot of processed food that adds sugar to get your brain addicted to sugar
Then imagine having to add sugar to your cooking to make it "taste right"
That's why

youtube.com/watch?v=u4zw99VsoMA

>europe
>country

nah

Because most Muricans are still 5 years old in maturity.

Because Americans eat a lot of processed garbage, which is loaded with sugar and fat. It's not loaded with more sugar, Americans just eat more of it instead of cooking meals like regular humans. Americans are already fat as fuck and as a result have a hedonistic relationship to food

Poor people are far more likely to buy processed food, or eat fast food like McDonalds that contains a shit ton of sugar in everything. They're also much more likely to be black.

>comments are disabled for this video

you were going to say something mean weren't you?

>by country
>latin america
>africa
>world

HFCS has trained them into addiction.

Corn subsidies is the problem and also slight differences in brain responses between HFCS and sugar, you get a cheap sweetener and high in omega 6 corn cheaply to the market. To top it all off there is a study out there that shows different brain responses to regular sugar than from HFCS, HFCS supposedly slows down brain response time in certain parts when compared to regular sugar which actually excites the brain in some parts. The thinking is your brain takes a longer time to respond being full when it consumes enough HFCS than it does with sugar, so you're able to eat those 2 big macs and super sized fries with a HFCS super sized drink without a problem. From personal experience, a soft drink made with plain old sugar has that nice sweet taste to me, one with HFCS is dull flat sweet to my taste buds. Basically regular sugar is a weaker suppressor to brain areas that control appetite, while HFCS actually is shown to suppress by quite a bit.

A new UCLA rat study is the first to show how a diet steadily high in fructose slows the brain, hampering memory and learning — and how omega-3 fatty acids can counteract the disruption. The peer-reviewed Journal of Physiology publishes the findings in its May 15 edition.

HFCS sure makes you edgy

there is a whole generation getting not older than 8 years in brain development growing up. easy to handle, even for a 12 year old like trump.

>world
>devloping world
>africa

what is this bullshit?

americans have horrible teeth.

A lot of Americans, going back decades, were born into a Coca Cola/McDonald's/how-many-creams-how-many-sugars world.

Millennals are starting to question the lifestyles that the Baby Boomers just took for granted and wholesale, so it is getting better, but the simple fact is most people don't know anything else. They order soda every restaurant they go to and don't even inquire about other options; it doesn't even cross their minds.

There's literally nothing wrong with having soda at a restaurant if you're not eating there every day.

Sure, if you're under the age of 13

Or a reasonable adult who understands that sugar is fine in moderation

Adults don't drink fizzy drinks where I'm from. And you can throw any sense of 'moderation' out the window when you order one, because they are all LOADED with sugar. I really hope you only order them at fast food places, and not anywhere where you've paid extra for some really good food, because good luck distinguishing any subtle flavours when you're nuking your tongue with sweetness.

America doesn't have a sweet tooth as much as it has a problem with government overstep in regards to special interest groups.

Government subsidies for corn growth are ridiculous.

You can read about corn production in the US:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corn_production_in_the_United_States
However, take note that there is no category for regular, human consumption of corn.

A vast majority of corn production is a type of corn that is inedible to humans in unprocessed form in the US.

Special interest groups and copyright laws destroy the US. It's all about the rich wanting to find and create loopholes to get richer.

Land of the free.

He's right, you know.

There no such thing as "moderation" with soda, because they are made without any heed toward moderation.

Pic related. If you saw someone putting that much sugar in their coffee or tea, you'd be repulsed enough to probably say something. Somehow, just because it's already made that way nobody cares.

>There no such thing as "moderation" with soda

Sure there is. Drink it once a month.

>>dat sugar
Yet most people would probably think having the occasional piece of fruit or maybe a slice of cake is indeed "moderation" despite containing just as much sugar?

That's what pudding is for fatty

See, where I'm from adults do whatever they want within reason. We have this thing called "freedom" and "reason" that allow us not to give a shit what people like you think, and do what makes us happy instead of doing what would make you happy.

I drink diet sodas because they taste better, but there's absolutely nothing wrong with consuming that much shougar in one day.
>If you saw someone putting that much sugar in their coffee or tea, you'd be repulsed enough to probably say something.
no because I believe that people have the right to drink whatever they want, however they want, end of story. It's not my health, it's theirs and not my concern. Banning good things because some people can't be responsible with them is not the way to accomplish things.

>Yet most people would probably think having the occasional piece of fruit or maybe a slice of cake is indeed "moderation" despite containing just as much sugar?
Exactly

>pudding
that's what soda is for, fatty.
See what happens? Sugar is sugar whether you drink it or eat it.

Sugar from whole fruit is entirely different than drinking soda

It's because people in the united states were supposed to take care of themselves, for the most part, and if they didn't then they would fail.
The welfare state has changed all that--their choices were never meant to be everyone else's responsibility.

>See, where I'm from adults do whatever they want within reason. We have this thing called "freedom" and "reason" that allow us not to give a shit what people like you think, and do what makes us happy instead of doing what would make you happy.
It's not a question of social pressure, normal adult aren't supposed to crave sugar as though they were a hyperactive 3 year old

Except that autist with a nintendo is 100% correct. He shouldn't give a fuck what I think, just like I don't give a fuck what he thinks.

>normal adult aren't supposed to crave sugar as though they were a hyperactive 3 year old
nobody said crave, we're talking about having a sugary snack every once in a while, claiming a very basic type of food is only for children is a pretty ignorant thing to say.