Banned/illegal Food

What are some banned food in your country/area? Famous ones in Burgerland:

Haggis (ban on lungs)
Kinder eggs
Raw milk (fuck pasteurized taste)

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com.au/burger-fans-are-furious-with-the-nsw-food-authority-over-its-well-done-advice-2016-5
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Banned for a while.

The lung thing is true across the board in America. Kinder eggs are technically illegal to sell, but you can find them in pretty much any city if you shop anywhere other than Walmart. Raw milk is legal to sell in certain states, but for most people it's hardly even an issue. Foie gras was briefly banned in Chicago awhile back, and spent a year or so being illegal in California until just recently. The biggest issue with the California ban was that it put one of the only two foie gras producers in the country out of business.

The one illegal food in America that irks me the most is unpasteurized cheeses aged less than 60 days. That means no true Époisses, and 100 other amazing cheeses that can't be purchased legally in the country.

Some of that has been useful for public health, but on the whole the FDA is a waste of public spending.

Kinder Surprise was never "banned" in the US, it was simply never available here to begin with

People confuse it with the Wonder Ball, which wasn't ever banned either....but they did replace the small Disney toys with candy, and then the brand was sold to a company who discontinued it on their own accord

It came back this year with Minions

In Australia, we can't distill our own alcohol even for personal use unless we have a permit and pay an excise on it.

>not doing it anyway

I'm not a badass.

i live in NSW and they're trying to make pink burgers illegal

businessinsider.com.au/burger-fans-are-furious-with-the-nsw-food-authority-over-its-well-done-advice-2016-5

this country's ridiculous sometimes

I was in upstate NY 10 plus years ago and wanted a steak cooked rare at what was a "nice restaurant" for the area. The waitress said that it was illegal to serve that. This was a steak, not ground meat. I ended up ordering a chicken cordon blu, it came out under-cooked...
I dont know if there was a law at the time but there doesnt appear to be one now. Not sure what was up with that.

>Kinder Surprise was never "banned" in the US, it was simply never available here to begin with

They are banned you fuck nut. You can find them at stores sure, because nobody really gives a fuck about it, but if you try crossing a border normally in your car and entering the US with a kinder egg they will confiscate it from you, and fine you if you are trying to sneak a bunch through.

>But why are Kinder eggs banned? The U.S. law against the chocolate egg actually dates back to 1938. At that time, the country’s Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act banned all candies embedded with “non-nutritive objects,” such as toys. So, when Kinder eggs began to be manufactured in the '70s by Italian company Ferrero, they fell under this law and were made illegal in the U.S.

>In addition to that, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) claims the surprise toy could be a choking hazard for kids. As a result, the U.S. Customs and Border Protection often issues press releases reminding people that these treats “may be cute and seasonal but they are too dangerous to children to be imported legally into the U.S.”

Basically american kids are too stupid to realize theres a toy inside, and they just inhale the whole chocolate egg and start choking.

More like, the FDA is a bunch of idiots who regularly fuck up but still think they should be regulating public safety.

Canada: Serving less than well done burgers in restaurants, unless freshly ground.

>american kids are too stupid to realize theres a toy inside

Kids are universally stupid. America is different because it was ahead of the curve on social media and quality of life, which has fostered a culture of suing corporations over stupid shit when there's a bump in the american dream and a kid chokes on a toy or someone spills coffee on themselves.

I'm more inclined to believe the fat children can't control themselves.

The law predates Kinder Surprise, if you can read dates back to the late 30s

Also, they were NEVER available in the US

Also, pic related. Hilarious how you European morons will grasp at any straws to make excuses for why the US sucks. HURR YOU EAT BURGERS, HURR YOU DON'T HAVE CANDY WE HAVE

Kill yourself, everything you do is based on out "culture" cuck

Only three children have ever died from eating a kinder egg, and all of them were from the UK.

>getting this worked up over a chocolate egg

>France is in the UK
Topper Keck.

'GO 'ZA
'
G
O

'
Z
A

All animal products should be banned

Im vegan

Tonka beans are banned in the US because they contain minute amounts of coumarin which, in large quantities, can cause liver damage. Also, the FDA manage to confuse coumarin with Coumadin, which is derived from coumarin. Coumadin is a blood thinner, coumarin is not.

You'd have to eat about 30 entire beans in order for it to be at all dangerous, and no one would ever eat that much. Half a bean is enough to flavor an entire batch of Tonka ice cream.

I've totally bought raw milk in the USA.

My brother is bringing back kinder eggs from yurop. Is he going to get fucked by customs or will they just throw them out if they find them?

Legality varies by state. Some states allow it to be sold in grocery stores, some only on farm co-ops, others only for animal consumption and others will send armed agents to raid and destroy the equipment and arrest the farmers who are simply accused of distributing it.

Australia:
Raw milk, raw honey, peanuts, seeded apples, fish with bones in, carrots that haven't had their points blunted, coconuts small enough to be wielded in one hand as a weapon, bananas and anything else that vaguely resembles a gun.

I had a small kek here Bruce.

GMO foods aren't legal here (Norway), and alcohol with more than 60% alcohol is considered a "drug" and thus illegal (which is retarded), but other than that there are no restrictions that I'm aware of.

It's funny how those not familiar with it can think of the usa as one identical mass without realising the scale and variation.

The sad thing is many Americans make the same bad assumptions as foreigners on this shit. Or even worse, fully support full federal control of everything.

None of that is banned though. We have several restaurants in town that sell Haggis.

It's not real haggis, dipshit.

i've never had a problem with blatantly lying in customs

>Raw milk (fuck pasteurized taste)
Not in California.
>kinder eggs
You can still manage to buy them from importers who slip through customs, kind of rare to find them ever in regular supermarkets for sure.

Having lived in upstate: People are just really weird about pink and 'raw' meats in general. There's a huge stigma that if it's not cooked burnty brown then there's a possibility of food poisoning. Can't explain where that came from, but my parents and family are the same way.

Really mad how there's a ban for an inspection system for horse meat. I've never had horse meat, and I doubt I ever will because of peoples' weird emotional attachments to certain animals.

And yet they sell the distillery kits in most homebrew shops, meaning you can still do it incredibly easily. They even sell flavour things you can add to your distilled alcohol.

Raw milk is sold in Australia you fuckin retard. Its considered a beauty product and sold in with the soaps and shit. Go back to sucking down tubs of jizz instead of spreading misinformation.

Apparently death doesn't include brain damage. What a shitty article.

i never tried to eat the whole fucking egg when i was a kid. maybe because my parents fucking told/showed me whats inside.

a year or two ago they required a bitter agent to be added so it would deter consumption. He was avin a giggle with the rest of the things, but raw milk for consumption is effectively banned (especially for sale) and all cheeses that require it must be made elsewhere and imported. I recently moved away from australia, one of the moderate to minor reasons (on a long list of reasons) was silly laws like this.

ya ok kinder eggs are illegal, tell that to all those youtube channels based in the us.

Have you even read any of the posts in this thread?