Tofu

ITT: Tofu and everything tofu-related

does anyone know any good recipes to make this shit taste less bland? especially the soggy stuff is awful, what can you even do with it

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zYNMyxBwrSk
youtu.be/-DqmWp6q_Yo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

does anyone know any good recipes to make this shit taste less bland? especially the dry stuff is awful, what can you even do with it

Insert into anus and absorb through the anal lining

bumpppp

Sure. If you're having problems with dryness then stop overcooking the chicken. It's only dry when you overcook it. Get a meat thermometer if you're having trouble with that.

As for flavor: a good sear will make it taste great. And of course you can use spices, sauces, etc.

Soy sauce

Squeeze out the liquid, look up literally any soy-ginger-mirin-asiany type sauce, cube and marinate the tofu. However you cook it, it will be full of flavor because it's basically a sponge.

How can i dice it if it's the 'silky' kind?

A sharp knife?

Or just pour soy sauce over it, throw on some chopped scallions, and go at it cold with a spoon. If you don't like it, don't buy it in the future.

Cut into 1"cubes and deep fry for 2 minutes or so. The outer surface becomes crispy. Then use the cubes in stir fry, soup, or use them as a side with a dipping sauce. Delicious.

You could try using unflavoured dental floss or a fishing line to make a cheese wire

No I don't mean in terms of the literal dicing mechanics but rather that that shit has the consistency of yogurt and can't really be cut well

Maybe do a quick fry on both sides of a slab to firm it up?

I've never cooked with it just speculating

If you're talking the really soft stuff then you're not meant to cook it in "pieces". Treat it more like cream or cheese. If you're frying it then buy a firmer type.

The kind of tofu he's talking about isn't really in a "Slab". It's very soft, like yogurt.

>>I've never cooked with it just speculating
That's abundantly clear.

Sure
youtube.com/watch?v=zYNMyxBwrSk

Yeah I guess this is what I'll have to do
Odd that it's much easier to get the soft type over the firm type around here

I dont know about you guys but i like my 'fu chicago style

i laughed but you should fucking kill yourself
... i will too

I'm starting to ironically like this but you're still a cancerous meme forcer.

Semen

'men

People are fucking stupid. Tofu is incredibly easy to make taste good.

Treat it like chicken breast you filthy retards. Fry it in slices on both sides until crisp. Bake it in cubes until golden brown on all sides. Bread it in panko like you would chicken and eat it on a bun. Marinate it like chicken and grill it. Crumble it up and fry it like scrambled eggs.

Tofu is one of the most versatile, cheapest, easiest things to work with. But "MUH VEGETARIANS ARE DUMB PUSSIES HAHAHA M'I RITE BOYS!?" so everyone likes to pretend like it's weird hippie garbage. Go fuck yourselves. I'm in no way vegetarian but I still eat tofu on a weekly basis.

see

Don't buy soft tofu then you hicks.

Extra-firm is usually $1 more expensive but infinitely easier to work with. Then you graduate onto the firm, which takes more familiarity to handle well but is cheaper.

see

Everywhere I shop it's always the same price for the same brand, regardless of firmness, and I don't see how firm is more difficult to work with than extra-firm (which I honestly don't like at all).

Where I'm from extra firm comes sealed in plastic, so it's much dryer and requires no pressing. The firm comes in a plastic container floating in water, requiring that you dry it off before doing anything with it, and meaning if you want to do things properly you'd have to press it a bit in order to effectively marinate it.

I never saw the point in tofu until I tried mapo tofu. Love it now. Learn to make that.

will tofu lower my testosterone and give me bitch tits?

unfortunatly not

This

MY favorite way to cook tofu
Use silken tofu
press it for about an hour to dry it out a little
cut into cubes or strips (I find cubes easier to work with)
dust with corn starch
Fry in about an inch of vegetable oil of your choice at 350 degrees F for a minute or until a light golden brown
Bring to drying wrack
Toss in hot sauce of your choice

Silken tofu is made for soups, fillings, things that play into that "yogurt" consistency.

If you're looking for a tofu to slab/cube, marinade, and fry or grill, you're supposed to get firm. Medium is still a bit wet and less packed, while firm to extra firm is tight and very easy to cut and work with. I prefer extra-firm myself.

And, like many posters have mentioned before, its a clean slate to work with, just like chicken. If it tastes bland, it's because you haven't added anything to it.

Also
as this poster helped remind me--you need to press your tofu before you cook with it.

Deep Fry it after drying and then slather in General Tso's Sauce

I made tofu jerky using medium firm, firm, and extra firm tofu and the same recipe I use for beef/pork.

It was goddamn poison, I tell you what.

Here's a good recipe for sesame tofu.

youtu.be/-DqmWp6q_Yo

yeah, that's partly why most tofu dishes are spicy

kek