For the last 22 years, I've had only cereal for breakfast...

For the last 22 years, I've had only cereal for breakfast. Today I decided to turn it all around and start eating healthier.

I went to make pancakes today, even though I've almost never had to actually make food on a stove before. It went pretty well until the actual cooking on the stove part.

After both sides of the pancake were nice and brown, I went to put it on my plate. The pancake split in half, and raw batter poured out of it like a jelly filled donut. How can I make sure the inside of it cooks as well as the outside?

>How can I make sure the inside of it cooks as well as the outside?

Lower heat, longer time.
And/or make them thinner

First of all, exactly how thick were these fucking pancakes?
Second, lower your heat if your food is burning on the outside before it's cooked on the inside.

>Today I decided to turn it all around and start eating healthier.
>I went to make pancakes today
W E W
E
W

I thought they were of pretty average thickness. I based their size off of how my mom used to make them when I was a kid.

Should I opt for thinner and wider shape instead?

>Americans think eating pancakes are "healthy"

ok, maybe not healthy per se. But they're at least healthier than a few bowls of Cinnamon Toast Crunch every morning.

>eating breakfast at all

Eating healthy != eating pancakes. What kind of retard logic are you using there, champ?

I mean not if you're slathering them with butter and high fructose corn syrup, as is the american way.

>healthier
>pancakes

ayy lmao

You're fucking stupid

>I've had only cereal for breakfast. Today I decided to turn it all around and start eating healthier.
>I went to make pancakes today

America everyone, America.

pancakes aren't healthy. A health breakfast would be veggie pinto bean chili and whole wheat bread.

Bru, just try experimenting with the cooking temperature afew times. Cook one at low heat, one at high, one in the middle. That way you can only ruin one at a time and you get the experience you need. Eventually you will find the perff setting for your oven to work with. Any way man, learning to cook is just changing what you do a bit every time to make it just a little bit better.

>America, everyone. America.
Corrected your punctuation for you, you filthy mudslime.

you should learn about nutrition. pancakes are basically sugar. it's like eating white bread

>healthier
>pancakes

Drink yer protein shakes son, also lower the heat

make buckwheat pancakes OP they're better for you

>sugar is not healthy

try to add some other grains to it, like quick cooking oatmeal or several different types of flour. don't add any sugar either. just roughly equal parts flour and buttermilk with an egg and 1/4 tsp baking powder. maybe put some berries or nuts in there as well.

pancakes aren't all that bad for you if you make them from something that isn't white flour.

Probably thinks it gives you diabetes too

>pancakes
>eggs, flour, and milk with syrup on top
>healthy
id say pancakes are literally the least healthy food you could ever eat. like straight 3rd world pre-world war II poverty food. at least spring for waffles they have a texture to them

well then youre an idiot.

>eating anything other than oats or bran for breakfast
Americucks

yup, i said to never ever eat sugar. forget the part where i mention nutrition on a thread where OP thinks pancakes are healthy

Another one of those thread where amerilards think a food with 50% calories from fat and animal sources is unhealthy because of its carbs/sugar content.

fresh baked bread is also acceptable

>3rd world pre-world war II poverty food
Have to disagree here. Not a fatfuck like OP but a fresh pancake made correctly is one of the finest foods in existence.

Also syrup is pleb tier

>pancakes
>50% calories from fat
Are you fucking stupid? Pancakes are literally flour and sugar with a tiny amount of milk and egg to bind it.

equal parts flour and milk with an egg or two to bind. no sugar needed, that's what maple syrup is for.

but I get your point. people here seem to think pancakes are way worse than they actually are.

Healthy as in not causing any diseases? Sure, you can eat pancakes all your life and die of old age at 70 as did billions of people already.

Obesity is a disease user.

alcoholism is also a disease.

Sounds like the batter was a bit too thick. Or you needed to spread it out with a spoon once you poured it out on the griddle.

Also, you mainly want to do most of the cooking on one side, not both. You want to wait until it looks almost set before flipping it over. Adjust the heat (you don't want the pan screaming hot) so that it doesn't burn before the batter sets.

>Cinnamon Toast Crunch

Maybe try not buying children's cereal.

>children's
>cereal
Pick two

who the fuck eats cereal past 11 years old

>healthier
>replaces sugar and starch with sugar and starch

eat some plants, numnuts

>not eating superior congee

Gwae lo pls

Most of the world.

The way I make them is a medium heat with a thick batter and some lumps in it.
No oil in the pan either and flip them as soon as the bubbles don't collapse back in.

The best pancakes are made in a pan. Use cast iron, not a flattop to make them. Gets the outside nice and crispy and the inside buttery

you would better start your day with 2 eggs, some nuts, a fruit or oats.
Or a combination of those if you are really hungry.

>"Today I decided to turn it all around and start eating healthier."
>makes pancakes

HAHAHAA you're in for a rude awakening, friend

Next time you make pancakes, don't flip until the top is bubbling a bit.

> Putting sugar in pancakes.
Americans..

Ahegao pancake ?