Food carts

Would you ever open a food cart or truck?

What would you sell?

Icecream,milkshakes and malts and rootbeer floats. If I become popular enough burgers hotdogs and fries at a cheap price.

Either banh mi with a few different topping options, hot dogs/sausages with a few different topping options, or fries with a few different topping options (poutine, chili cheese, nacho).

All of those are easily doable and popular as fuck.

Shave ice. Water is free and flavourings cost next to nothing.

My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said "No, but I want a regular banana later, so … yeah".

There's always money in the banana stand

A variety of the cheap grilled sandwiches I've made myself and slapped together. Some original I guess others not. But the base for every one is a basic grilled cheese. I'd sell that and other meats and vegetables I like to put in my sandwiches.

That's a good one, but unless you live in Hawaii, Southern California, or the South, you're going to be restricted to Summer months.

Also, ice isn't free.

It'd be a melt truck, and I'd set up within walking distance from the college dorms, bars and concert venues in my city.

Wow, that stand is bananas. This is pure marketing genius, a yellow stand, you can see it from far away, and it's a frozen banana, who ever heard of such a thing, it catches your attention! I would pay people on segways all day to ride up and buy, that would draw even more eyeballs. I've never had a frozen banana, but my interest is high, wonder what else I could do with a frozen banana.

B-A-N-A-N-A-S

There's always money in the banana stand.

You need a gimmick if it's going to be a stationary type deal where you're parked in one location mostly. I'm thinking along the line of cheap good food like rice, beans and meats, most cooked fast and cheap in a pressure cooker then you'd need a grill though to grill them up for that extra flavor and also too cook up chicken & pork kebabs. Have an assortment of pitas and tortillas you can stuff with your choice of meats or beans or whatever else. It'll probably stink up the area, but then that is a good thing as that juicy pork meat is grilled and it fills up the surrounding area. You'd need a high traffic area though where people walk by and get drawn in by the smell. I guess you would need some signature sauces too to add to the food.
Who the hell wants to deal with american college students though, they'd walk up and puke all over the place, then god knows how long they'd take to order. You'd probably need to hire security.

Lol no this is a profession for gypsy .
Some hipsters may do it for a while, but only in the knowledge they've got $10m to inherit in a few years.

This. Always remember this.

No.
I wouldn't, because I wouldn't open one.

>You'd probably need to hire security.
But it's AMERICA.
LAND of the FREE
HOME of the BRAVE.
Put up a sign.
'Pukers will be shot. Anyone who takes over a minute to order will be shot. Repeat offenders will be shot lethally.'

>Who the hell wants to deal with american college students though, they'd walk up and puke all over the place, then god knows how long they'd take to order. You'd probably need to hire security.
At my alma mater there were these two huge townie guys who'd park outside of the frats and serve greasy burgers and sausages. Shit was so tight and nobody ever messed with them because they probably would've come out of the truck and wiped the floor with the offender.

>puke all over the place
huh?

he means they're drunk

sounds like he's confusing general college students with your typical frat bros, there's a pretty big distinction.

Happy Endings

>wonder what else I could do with a frozen banana.

don't be coy... you know exactly what you could do with a frozen banana.

Grilled cheese with tomato soup.

I'm talking white bread and American cheese. Not that whole-grain and cheddar or whatever else bullshit.

And it'd be Campbell's tomato soup. Basic, but perfectly compliments a proper grilled cheese.

Perhaps gazpacho instead of the soup on a hot summer day.

>white bread and American cheese

I don't think I've ever seen a food truck with a kid's menu. What would you actually serve, though?

shove it up your ass you flamer

I'd sell some nice good ole' fashioned 'Go "style" 'za.

Bring a little taste of THE BIG 'GO across the country! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I already own a "food truck". It's really just a mobile stage that can host any bad or DJ.

Food trucks seem like a pain in the ass

This!!

People in 1st world countries don't consider cups of fruit anything special. Do you even understand the concept of a food truck?

why are there cups of potatos, are they even cooked?

>1st world countries

They sell very good.

And that's obviously not a food truck but you get my point.

They are jicamas. They are sweet and starchy.

>in my city there are monthly food truck "frenzies" where about 15 food trucks gather in a public space and thousands of people come

Seriously what the fuck? Why would you go out of your way to go to a mobile food court? You have to pay to get in and then pay even more for greasy food that isn't exactly unique to begin with. What is peoples obsession with these things?

Why would anyone go out to eat ever, by that reasoning?

Also, Amerifats only care about getting more sweets and making the pharmaceutical industry richer

you're jamaican me crazy

'murricans like fresh fruit just fine, but when they're out and about and want to stop at a food truck they want something interesting/unique. To most people food trucks are like a year round fair, where you can indulge in over the top, overpriced type foods and call it a special occasion.

Otherwise you're selling hotdogs in front of the court house and barely making more than a line cook in the nice restaurant right down the street, with twice the work, responsibility, and stress.

Creating a market plan (Cost of goods sold, Balance sheet, cash flow, etc) for a drink truck. We're thinking about selling frozen drinks.

no one wants to eat a drink, you drink a drink ya dummy

Terrible idea. The market is oversaturated as is with smoothies/frozen coffee shit/juices/bubble tea. The only thing that would be unique would be to do cocktails, and if it's even legal where you live it would be a bigger pain than it's worth.

This made me blush, but wouldn't it tingle or ruin the moment?

Eaaaw, and they're a green color too, serious, this must be a pic from some 3rd world country, everyone knows you should avoid green potatoes right guys?

Some oriental peoples opened a bubble tea place 1 block from my apartment, problem is no orientals live around here and I guess they have their friends, family and staff come in and drink bubble tea to make the place seem happening, but I think everyone in the local area realizes this and avoids the place. I'm gonna go try some right now, it's hot here.

That's not a marketing plan, I think that's a business plan bro.

Bubble tea was popular with white people a decade ago. It seems pretty played out at this point.

Yea, here in NYC it was popular, that's why I was surprised one opened up near here a few months back, didn't make sense. I never tried it myself, but knew a lot of women that loved drinking it.

Lobsta roll sandwiches

cum, buckets and buckets of cum

Is the person making the cum on a gluten free diet?

I have seriously considered it
Texas Toast cut bread sandwiches.
I'd have four sandwiches, a hotdog and cold drinks.

The first sandwich would be spicy marinated chicken thighs, with an aoili/yoghurt sauce and lettuce.
The second sandwich would be a crunchy chicken sandwich with bacon, a pounded and crumbed chicken breast, some of the dressing and potato chips (crisps).
Third sandwich would be a some of the sauce, crumbed fish fillet, coleslaw and some chips (fries)
Fourth sandwich would be a breakfast sandwich some of the sauce, bacon, fried mortadella, eggs, mushrooms
The hotdog would simply be fresh buns and the best weiners I can get and they can put whatever condiments they want on it

I'll take a #2 with a coke pls.

I've mentioned this before, but I had a cart back in college.

From it, I sold sandwiches made with my own homemade deli meats on my own homemade bread with my own homemade mayonnaise and mustards.

I sold, also, homemade cold drinks (iced coffee, iced tea and a type of lemonade) as well as plain water, sparkling mineral water and Italian sodas made with homemade syrups.
The only things not homemade were the cheese and the ice.

It'd be nice to do it again.

I think I would do roast beef sandwiches and ice cream.

I would call it "Bluth's Original Frozen Banana and Tamale Stand."

It would be shaped ambiguously so that you wouldn't be able to tell whether it was supposed to be a tamale or a banana.

I would then proceed to only sell smokey pork tamales, telling anyone who wanted a frozen banana that we were fresh out.

In Philly there are tons of fruit salad food trucks and this is the city where greasy food reigns supreme

fresh ice cream made using a commercial mixer and liquid nitrogen, colored, flavored and topped to customer's choice

Have fun spending 10 minutes making each individual cone. I'm sure people will stand in line for an hour to get one.

okay :D
that'll be overheads + 20% pls
*prepares*

>homemade cold drinks

That's...not a bad idea at all.
I make all kinds of probiotic fermented drinks, from kombucha to water kefir to filmjolk, and at the prices those sell for, the right venue would be a cash cow.
And it would be easy to expand my operation to commercial scale.

Of course, throw in some solid food items, too, to draw in the more mainstream customers and drive business.

I mostly did the cart on weekends, but also a few larger flea markets other times, as well.
Cold drinks were by far my biggest seller with the greatest profit margin.
I've since learned to make great ice cream and sorbet, honestly rivaling some of the big name super premium brands, so if I did another cart, I might decide to go for ice cream this time.

That sounds great.
Do post back here if you go through with it, please.

(Also, check my captcha, lol)

You clearly don't know what a tuna is, right?
And no, I'm not talking about the canned fish.

I recently bought an ice block shaver for home use... so I would probably open a new orleans snoball stand.

For those of you who don't know, new orleans style snoballs are shaved much more finely than hawaiian ice, or snow cones. it's so fine its sort of like japanese suno, but new orleans style usually goes without the fruit and condensed milk.

the shave is so fine the ice starts to get creamy - its very difficult to explain but that is what i would do.

the finest ice shaves in the world out of a little food cart or truck. fuck that crunchy snow cone bullshit.

>liquid nitrogen
>10 minutes
I can make soft serve ice cream with my home ice cream maker in 15 minutes surely liquid nitrogen would take less than half of that.

i live in charlotte and in a city of 800k people theres 0 trustworthy shaved ice establishments. theres like, a little trailer thing.

youre makin me fuckin salivate

sneaky sneaky but i see through that shake shack shitposting anyday

freedom ain't free either but we still got it you fag

that picture makes me wonder, could you get away with taking a segway through the drive through?

>61 stars
Is this some /pol/ meme?

I don't see why not. On youtube I've seen whales on mobility scooters using the drive through.

>tfw it's after two, your drunk and hungry with no vehicle and only drive throughs are open.
I seriously tried using the drive through on foot, the fuckers wouldn't serve me though

Most of those places have a policy of not serving people on foot at the drive through.

so what, I was still pissed. you don't stand between a drunk dude and his munchies

There's a multiple trucks in my city that do this already. They pump cream mix + whatever other liquid ingredients you want into a bowl, then dump the nitrogen on top, mix, and then toss dry ingredients into the ice cream. Takes less than 3 minutes.

food laced with laxatives
i run a pay per entry toilet booth next to it. Toilet rolls comes separately.

You can plop your shit in a high tourist area for the summer months and make bank.

I want to get a bigger smoker and build or buy a few benches/tables and just set up somewhere, make the meat, and then serve it with some kegs of beer ready for consumption.

Doubt I could ever do it though since a) I don't have the money and b) apparently you need a food truck or something to do anything and then we're back to a.

>at a food truck they want something interesting/unique

By which you mean 'deep fried and injected full of HFCS'.

Food carts =/= carnival food stalls

that's about how long i figured it would take. they do a pretty good business?

Portuguese-style malasadas. My granparents used to have a small school bus they converted into a mobile kitchen just for this. They used to drive around to all kinds of events during the summer and they would always sell out.

I saw an old trailer for sale last week and mentioned the idea to my girlfriend. She seemed to be interested. She's a teacher, so she doesn't work much during the summer, would be a nice way to get out and about and make a few bucks as well.

Seems like it, usually a line of people. I go sometimes but there's an ice cream sandwich truck that I prefer. Shits expensive though, smallest size cup is $6 but it's still pretty big.

Fair food

Organic, grass-fed horse burgers.

I forgot the assignment, it's due in 2 weeks my man

My grandmas recipe for jam tarts. They're basically normal jam tarts except with a sponge cake with vanilla extract and coconut shavings covering the jam, mighty tasty, especially when freshly baked.

yeah it actually hurts hardcore.

don't do it with frozen 'cukes either.

iunno

Maybe pastries or sweets of some sort? I have a vague dream of opening up a bakery.

you can't trust the types of people that generally open up sno cone stands... I find that I have to make my own for it to be proper.

i use japanese wet stones to sharpen and hone my ice shaving blades, (2,000, 4,000, and 10,000 grit) and then I use a special made jig to make sure that the blade is perfectly flush with the cutting plate that the ice rotates on and that it is just under flush to start with and can be adjusted up by sub millimeter increments.

its the finest ice shave the world has ever seen as far as i can tell.

i got three recipes for you...

half orange cream, half tropical punch - the combo is just fantastic.

premix monin pineapple and hawaiian ice lime syrup at a 1:3 ratio (tastes like white nerds candy)

and finally

pour a bunch of chocolate milk over your shaved ice, and then top it with cherry or strawberry syrup. HELLO. extra points for a little condensed milk being added to the chocomilk before you put it on the snoball.

Tater truck. I've got the land out back to just load up with taters. I'd sell fries, chips, wedges, loaded fries, salt potatoes.

>Water is free

Not for long.

Why not name the stand Under the Gun? The whole thing could be shaped like a gun and sell gun-shaped processed pink slime meats for a massive markup. The gimmick could be putting a loaded gun to each customers head and demanding that they "ORDER! NOW!" while all the customers in line behind them clap and call you a hero.

even if water does start to cost money, it will just make sno balls more valuable.

water can't ever get too expensive or people will start dying in the streets. governments will step in and help out and regulations will be imposed long before it ever becomes a problem.

the real problem with snoball stands is having the ice on hand and keeping it at the proper temperature. too cold and your equipment will freeze up, too warm and.. well.. you get the idea.

you can buy coolers for about 5 to 10 grand that will do nothing but churn out large blocks or cylinders of ice. (a dozen or so every 12 hours)

its a one time investment and i think they come with 3 or 5 year warranties on everything.

then you need a cooler to keep the ice in.. at a busy location you might need several dozen blocks a day and that will take a large cooler, but you can buy those for a couple hundred bucks.

so then you just need filtered water and thats easy enough to come by.

some snoball machine manufacturers have business start up kits for a couple grand that come with everything you need.

if you look around where you live, sometimes you can find ice houses that will be able to make exactly what you need every day, then you can just stop by there in the morning and pick up your materials. the positive side of that is that they usually use high quality H2O and there is no initial investment cost for a freezer - but it will cost more over the long run.

the real trick with garnering a cult following at a snoball stand is having your own quirky flavors.. like ginger honey suckle or rose water or guiness. thats the tricky part - differntiating yourself from the rest of the crowd.

Set up in a flyover area because that's who you are catering to with that garbage.

I would only sell 2 things.

Wood fired pizza.

Brownies.

Iced coffee. Market it as organic, fair-trade and healthier than Starcucks. You'll be surround by cute white girls 24/7. They drink that shit by the gallon. Load it with sugar to keep them cumming back.

That's so fucking dumb. "HURRRRR you have to be in a vehicle surrrr!" What fucking difference does it make if you walk with with money or drive through.

Bro, that's actually a really cool idea. You and her can have a blast if you do it right. I say go for it.

Secret family recipe version of birria with potato burritos