How to eat cheap?

Can someone link me to a guide to eating on a super low budget? Preferably a way which won't actually kill me.

I just want to prove to myself that I can live on a very low budget. At least for a bit.

Other urls found in this thread:

Veeky
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In what locale? You seem to have left that out even though it's critical information.

UK. Sorry.

Damn, sorry I can't help you then. I don't know what's cheap in the UK and what's not.

What do you call a low budget?

£10?

A week?

You having a laugh?

Double it and you're still on a stupidly low budget

it is possible but you'll end up putting yourself in danger from malnutrition.
You can buy a few kg of rice + some oil, boil the rice then fry it on a pan, 3 times a day eeeryyday(spices and salt ftw), you'll survive longer if you can eat at your parents' or your grandma's

*every once in a while

Buy a big bag of potatos and steal a jar of multivitamins

You need fat, everyday

Buy a bag of rice, steal a salt shaker from a restaurant, dumpster dive for old bread from a local bakery, and take the cheapest multivitamins you can find every day.

Add milk to that. Potatoes and milk fed the Irish for hundreds of years.

We really should have a sticky..

when i was in college, i was too lazy to get a job, so i would live on a 400 dollar stipend i would get.

i used to get a box of instant potatoes for 3 dollars, which i would make 7 bowls of potatoes from, lasting me a week. so, i would eat for a week for 3 dollars. granted, i was eating once per day (always been this way anyhow) and i stole salt from my roommate.

instant potatoes are a greatly undervalued and underappreciated 'cheap food', i think.

Does Veeky Forums have a wiki or something?
Someone could start one and other people could get involved, maybe it'll get a sticky. I wouldn't wait around for the mods to do something.

Veeky Forums-ck.wikia.com/wiki/The_Veeky Forums_Wiki

We have a booru also

We've had this argument a million times. Veeky Forums wouldn't benefit from a sticky because cooking is an enormously broad subject with lots of interpretations, styles and opinions.

>with lots of interpretations, styles and opinions.

And the majority of them wrong

Recipes are a thing for a reason

And those recipes you use would be called wrong by others.

They'd be the idiots who are wrong

Established recipes are a thing for a reason

The sticky isn't going to contain recipes, just techniques.

Unless you're talking baking or very specific dishes there's no such thing as an establish recipe. And I don't think people are waiting on a sticky that's purely about baking.

Judging by the average thread here you're better off just stickying the in-n-out secret menu and where to get the best chicago style pizza. Cooking ramen is a good one as well.

>We've had this argument a million times. Veeky Forums wouldn't benefit from a sticky because cooking is an enormously broad subject with lots of interpretations, styles and opinions.
Any art/entertainment is "subjective". The stickys from any arts board prove you wrong. Only a slavish pleb would find the idea of there being authorities (or "masters"), objectivity, or rules on these subjects troubling. These things reduce broadness. That's such a basic concept, summarising, that only a resentful idealist would argue against it.

In the same way recipes can be evaluated as good or bad by using common scientific and aesthetic criteria. And that's not even going into the fact that recipes would be a minor aspect of a cooking sticky, even many of the endless recipes online point out that one should develop the skills that allow one to make real-time judgements themselves.

Fucking romantics.

Someone thinks they're an intellectual

All I'm saying is that this poorfag shit comes up a lot. A sticky could at least address that much since it's the same advice every time

Brian get the fuck off of my board you don't know shit about cooking.