It's Happy Hour at my place!

It's Happy Hour at my place!
I just made myself a Clementine Cocktail

What cocktails does Veeky Forums enjoy at home?

beer.

I used to enjoy bloody marries but haven't had one in a long time.

>bloody marries
Would I be wrong to assume you've already started your evening?

No, Im just retarded from all the drinking I used to do.

I fix myself a mule whenever I want to mix something up. Ginger beer is god tier.

The cheapest hooch I can get mixed with my tears.

Is a Bloody Mary like a Ceazar?

I'm a big bartending and mixology guy, I can make anything and enjoy all kinds of cocktails,

Speaking of which, I made some vanilla and tonka bean syrup, trying to think of a cocktail to use it in. Ideas? I'm thinking maybe something sweet like cognac, heavy cream, salted caramel liquor, with the syrup. Might also be good in a rum-based drink, though.

What do you think?

I'll often have a dirty gin martini or 3 while I'm making dinner. It's a nice way to debrief after work.

I don't want to make another topic about this since it's a quick question, but does anyone have a decent midshelf scotch recommendation? I'm going to gift it to a coworker that is inviting some of us to dinner and that's pretty much all they will drink. I'd like the price point somewhere in 30~ bucks or less if possible, and I drink bourbon, not scotch.

Bonus points for something that isn't stereotypical just so I can offer something new.

I always wanted to try a Tequila Sunrise.

This isn't what I'm drinking, but isn't this just so damn ridiculous? I'm having cranberry and vodka on the rocks

I like this stuff

I was actually looking at that. Does it have any particular notes?

All I know is that it's distilled, blended, and bottled in Scotland and that as far as scotch goes it's pretty good. I wouldn't claim to be any kind of connoisseur; I just know what I like and have tried

I love gorgeous cocktails like that.
I used to ogle them on menus when I was a kid, never underatanding how something so pretty was for adults only.

>midshelf scotch

This doesn't really exist. If you have a large or discount-ish liquor store around, you could maybe get an okay single malt under $40, and Black Grouse and JW Black can go for close to $30, but other than that, there's not much Scotch worth drinking under $55.

The French 75. It's booze mixed with booze with some booze added to keep it classy. Tastes like a dream, though. I don't drink them as often as I used to because I live alone, but when I had someone to help me finish the bottle of champagne I'd make these all the time.

I frequently make Martinis and G&Ts at home. Every once in a while I'll have a whiskey cocktail, and Old Fashioned or a Sazerac or a Manhattan. Simple stuff like that. Sometimes in summer I'll make margaritas on the rocks.

All ive got is OJ and some jack daniels honey. would this be tasty? also any suggestions of stuff I can add to improve it

ive also got various teas, so maybe that wont be as painfully sweet

Just mix it all and choke it down while looking at pictures of your ex.

that doesn't sound very enjoyable user