Better Burger Project

Hey Veeky Forums
I need your help guys I am a young aspiring chef and my dream has always been to visit the james beard house. A few weeks ago i was approached by one of their PR peeps. then tasked with creating a a blended burger consisting of 25% fresh cultivated mushrooms and 75% burger meat to help create a more sustainable/ tastier burger.
What i am asking from you guys.
visit this link and help vote for my burger you can do it once a day until the 31st
this is the description of my burger. Mushroom Marsala & Bacon Burger: Grilled Beef Patty blended with Marsala infused Portobello mushrooms, with Tomato Bacon jam, Caramelized Onions, Bacon lattice then topped with mixed greens lightly tossed in blue cheese vinaigrette.
and a link to vote i thank you guys for your consideration.

(bitly)1TH1KaH

bit(dut)ly/1TH1KaH

here are a few more creations i have made fore recipes just ask!

I gotcha man!

thanks, i know which burger to not vote for now.

describe your marsala.

you know that thing's fucking ridiculous, right? I mean it looks great and sounds wonderful but it's 9 inches high. It's not a sandwich, it's a mixed plate entree you piled on top of itself

anyway, I will brigade for your 9/11 burger if you describe your marsala and process

Hey
Alright so first i took portobello mushrooms, removed the stem and discarded. then i removed the fins underneath. proceeded to small dice the ports. then in a large cooking rondo i sweated brunoise diced shallots until tender, added the mushrooms until about half way cooked then added quite a bit of Marsala cooking wine. reduced with fresh thyme and oregano.
cooled and blended with burger patty, and blue cheese.
the way i took the pic it makes it look gigantic but it really is not.
if you need any other recipes im willing to share them as well.
the blue cheese vin is dank
and the tom bacon jam is slutty

We say le fromage bleu around here :)
Voted. Good luck!

thank you

Remember to repost everyday if you're bumped off the catalog as most of us are alcoholics and this will all be a blur soon enough.

tacos al pastor

haha im all over it dont worry, also you can vote for the burger of your choice every day. granted id pref if you voted for mine but id understand if you didnt.
i read the rules very carefully and this is not against the rules one bit

what's wrong with the fins?

so the burger patty is mushroom-beef-bleu? That's hawt, if slightly disturbing
>tom bacon jam is slutty
post that too but you got my upboat

what the fuck is this?

This looks like a shit tier wannabe savory desert...

NYPA... The description of your burger sounds pretty solid. The only thing I would suggest is make sure your using high quality ground chuck and that it's 80% lean. Don't use a leaner ground beef and make sure you don't overally manipulate the ground beef, you want it to be as loosely packed into a patty as possible so it will still hold together but not fall apart.

You will probably think I'm just some opinionated retard spewing rhetoric, this is not the case. I have spent the last 15 years as a line cook, saucier, and a sioux chef. Keep your shit simple and don't fall into the nightmare molecular gastronomy faggotry that many do.

Get the best ingredients possible, keep your menu small, and make sure your execution is on a militant level. You will succeed with this model, I promise.

I've worked at many restaurants that remove the fins and I think it's a huge mistake. The fins provide a ton of flavor and I really don't get why they are taken off. Maybe people think the fins are oily, which I have never found to be true.

>and the tom bacon jam is slutty
Anything that is described as slutty has my vote

Dirty like slut, hmmmm.....

thats an apple fritter with champagne ice cream, i wont be getting into the BS molecular gast it is BS your right i have been cooking for quite some time and most of my training comes from a portland restaurant that did very wellit has been open for 30 plus years , its a fine dining steak and seafood house.

tom bacon jam.
makes 1qt and freezes well
10 roma tomatoes
take your knife and just score the top in a cross pattern, meanwhile bring a pot of salted water to a boil, blanch your scored romas for about 30 sec and then pull them out and place them in a water bath, peel off the skin and cut in half and pull out the guts. take 1lb of your fave type of bacon and cut into lardons ( cut hamburger style think julliene ) and render on low heat until almost 100% crispy
next add 1tb of garlic and 1 sm diced yellow or sweet onion. sweet for a few min and then add your tom that you peeled.
cook until 90% of moisture is out of it, then add 1/2c bourbon and reduce again to almost no moisture, then add a gastrique about 1c brown or white sugar and 1c apple cider vin reduce again until very little moisture is remaining,
next ill add ginger, ground mustard, dijon and VERY little blue cheese and kill the heat. salt and pepper to taste.
it goes great on steak sandos, burgers, blts
fucking anything

im off to bed thx for the feedback. i thought id honestly just get flamed by trolls the whole time and not get feed back from real others in the industry, not many, i didn't think many chefs would actually be on here. means a lot even if i dont win

>sioux chef

>sioux chef

HEYA HEYA HEYA HEYA HEYA HEYA HEYA HEYA HEYA HEY

That's a mutilated BBQ sauce, everyone I know has one of these in their back pocket, Throw in some smoke or some worster sauce or some ketchup and it would be pretty classic Tejas BBQ but not too bad, bro.
>or sis
>w/e
>grats on your BBQ sauce, open a fewd truk

>im off to bed thx

Im half in the bag tryna bang Ashley the hostess but she's a bitch but wtf after party is on who gives a shit

i already do a smoked apple and brandy bbq sce thats dank as fuck too.

BUMP!!

Good luck and all, but I seriously doubt you were "approached by a PR person". You likely saw it on Facebook as I did, and signed up. That being said, let the best chef win.

i really was approached by a PR person,
she was with harvest PR