Today I am going to make grilled pulled chicken with coleslaw and corn on the cob

Today I am going to make grilled pulled chicken with coleslaw and corn on the cob.

Pic related, my grill.

Dry rubbed, ready for the fridge.

First time making coleslaw.

Dressing was something like half n half mayo/creme fraiche, lemon juice, dijon, salt, pepper, garlic and white wine vinegar

Some leftover pizza. Really good

looks yummy

>coleslaw
>Mayo
You haven't got a fucking clue.

vinegar slaw lends itself more to fattier meats like pork and beef, but I find that creamy slaw goes better with chicken

No I dont, its my first time making it. Whats your recipe?

Fuck off.
Go ahead, OP.

The old grill is fired up

>tfw no deck to grill on

Last two times I've grilled the charcoal went out before the chicken was done.

I'm either not using enough charcoal, or I'm letting it burn in the charcoal chimney starter thing for too long.

>Not grilling the corn with the leaves on

>calling husks leaves
>not wanting that delicious char on the kernels

Its pretty darn nice.
It came without the leaves on. Stupid producers put the leaves off so they could put it in plastic

i clipped my grill onto the fire escape

I hope you don't ruin that chicken by tossing it with that HFCS...

Fuck off fag sweet baby rays is goat

It's ridiculous that ketchup gets shit on Veeky Forums and then people will turn around and actually defend Sweet Baby Ray's.

The ingredient list is almost identical, except that with SBR the first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup instead of tomato. It's disgusting.

Why not pork?

because that would take skill, time and dedication.
All of which OP is very clearly lacking.

>not a potato roll

Fucking DROPPED

I wouldnt know what cut to buy desu. Norwegians are very simple when it comes to grilling/BBQ. Usually its chicken, hot dog or steak like entrecote

Seeing as he's from Scandinavia he must follow halal food practices or risk being deemed a racist bigot

stubbs is way better.

What's the little grill plate used for? I thought it was for smoking chips. I know, I'm stupid but I want to learn

which little grill plate? you mean the rack thing on the bottom that the coals sit on? it raises the coals up a couple inches to allow some air to get to the coals through the holes in the bottom. if it wasn't there then the air wouldn't get to the coals evenly, if at all.

is that what youre talking about?

by the way, it looks like op needs a new one.

Yeah, I've never used it and I think I've never had problems with my coals but maybe using that will make my coals last longer and burn better.

God, I feel so stupid for never bothering to look up what it was for.

they will burn better. I dont know about longer though. you should definitely be using it.

you can adjust how open the holes on the bottom are to make the fire burn colder or hotter. colder would make it last longer, hotter would burn faster. you can also rig one of those big turkey fryer thermometers through the top hole to get a fairly accurate temperature gauge for cheap.

My grill came with a lot of attachments and accessories. I have several thermometers and it can even be used as a smoker.

The instructions never mentioned the small grill plate so I figured it was used for smoking.

Thanks a lot for your insight. I'll make sure to take your advice.

Yeah, they rust so fast. I bought that grill last year...

what grill did you get?

What is the best budget grill Veeky Forums? Should I just stick with the basic weber?

It was a few years ago and it wasn't some big brand or anything. I have no idea since I threw the box put years ago.

It was a spur of the moment type of thing and my wife was okay with it so we bought it.

webers are pretty good. especially the 22" you can do pretty much anything on it, including some smoking.

Best reply itt

Slaw is gross. I don't know why people like it.

As a native Texan and BBQ aficionado, THIS! Any BBQ sauce that uses HFCS is not a true BBQ sauce. Just like white sauce is not a true BBQ sauce.

Pork butt makes the best pulled pork. Slow cook that for 6+ hours and it is delectable. Put that shit on some taters and its the best thing you will ever have.

Oh /pol/ you such a cuck. Only in conservatard land is that even remotely true.

Not quite that bad in Norway yet, but we're getting there