British Cuisine

Is it as bad as they say it is?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tacB7jG4zJk
youtu.be/tacB7jG4zJk?t=1320
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You know why the British don't like tofu?

It's too flavorful

It isn't particularly diverse, since we're a small island. We do however have an amazing range of cheeses, and a disproportionate number of the best chefs in the world come from Britain.

good fine dining
cultural melting pot with lots of ethnic cuisines well represented
very underwhelming culinary standards in general across the native populace

>Is it as bad as they say it is?

I dunno... theres just something thats wrong with the amount of sugar in american breakfasts; waffles, pancakes, poptarts, fruitloops etc.

A good Traditional Scottish breakfast has, baked beans, potatoe scons, haggis, sausages, eggs either pouched or scrambled, bacon, black pudding etc. Its like some kind of meat adventure! And on the whole i think breakfast should be meaty, not really sugary.

Although i have been known to enjoy cinnamon grahams.

As a working class Brit, I'm literally the only person I know with the remotest knowledge of good cooking. Most people can use a recipe to throw stuff together but lack basic knowledge of flavour pairings, knife skills, how different ingredients react to different cooking methods. People have cooked me steak countless times and not one of them has done it well. I don't think my parents have ever seen a herb.

>We do however have an amazing range of cheeses,

Dont forget the beers and ales user.

Dont forget that the Chicken Tikka Massala is a British invention.

Some moron told the indian chef to put some gravy on his chicken tikka, the chef, working with the ingredients he had, came up with the massala sauce.

>Although i have been known to enjoy cinnamon grahams.
This to be quite honest.

Whenever I think of you I always think "Known to enjoy Cinnamon Grahams".

>literally telling stories that have no basis in reality because they sound good

It's by far the best in the world, only the ignorant think it's just 2 boiled veg and meat

this. we also have awesome curries.

I like urban legends.

I absolutely love British food. Shepherds pie, fish and chips, bangers and mash, steak and kidney pie, all kinds of pies, mushy peas, full breakfast, roast dinner, scones with clotted cream, marmelades (Sevilla orange god damn), damn good cheese. You gotta be a real shitskin not to enjoy it really. Underrated as fuck.

>The mods will let this go until it 404s but any anti-American thread gets deleted instalnty

10/10 moderation.

>flavorful

This one word indicates when someone is a moron.

Want to know a better indicator of someone being a moron? They get upset at a terrible joke.

That was a joke? That was terrible.

Nobody is getting upset and you claiming such means you are.

Using that one word in any context indicates that you are an utter moron.

i thought it was funny

t. britfag

Brit food is fucking awesome, just most people have no fucking idea what it is as the recipes are difficult to get. I only learned 90% of the Brit foods I know in the past year. And one of my great great great great etc; grandfathers was from Bri'in

The joke is irrelevant, it's his use of "flavorful" that is retarded.

It's really more like "Bri'un".

i don't see how it's retarded.

really depends on the accent

I dunno my bros gf is a brit and she pronounces it like Britten but she's really posh, she's from some medieval town

Not meaning this in a racist or /pol/ way, but has the influx of Muslims and refugees affected the British food culture any?
I keep hearing about Sharia law, and how so many restaurants over there are no longer serving pork products
Is any of that shit true?

Subway banned pork, that is true and why I refuse to ever step foot in one again.

there is not sharia law in britain but there are 'sharia courts' which are basically somewhat clandestine organisations overseeing stuff like marriage and divorce in muslim communities. ostensibly we only accept the decisions made by these courts where they are compatible with our own laws, but of course that requires a level of transparency that not every muslim community will honour.

restaurants in areas with a large muslim population have less incentive to serve pork products, but none are removing pork from their memories out of fear, and i would imagine only a very few actually 'remove' pork from their menus at all - they're just not going to put it on if they don't think people will buy it.

the actual refugee crisis has not affected our food culture. we have had a large muslim population for a very long time, and there isn't really a 'muslim' cuisine seeing as it's such a widespread religion.

> none are removing pork from their memories

lol woops

*menus

Pies were actually created by the Romans and they brought them to England.

There's nothing wrong with British food, but I find a lot of brits can't cook it properly.

>and a disproportionate number of the best chefs in the world come from Britain.

Because they all went to study in France, or studied under French chefs.

>It's this "argument" again

This isn't the 1980s. There's enough top chefs that you don't need to go to France anymore. A lot of our top restaurants don't even serve French shit anyway

>restaurants in areas with a large muslim population have less incentive to serve pork products, but none are removing pork from their memories out of fear, and i would imagine only a very few actually 'remove' pork from their menus at all - they're just not going to put it on if they don't think people will buy it.

Subway.

Ok, but as I said it's more due to lack of demand than any form of pressure from the Muslim community. Not all the subways in the country have 'banned' pork and they do it in Jewish areas in the U.S. as well

>Not all the subways in the country have 'banned' pork

exactly. just the areas with large muslim populations. so like half of them.

No, it's closer to one in seven. Obviously most of that number is in a small handful of areas tho

So? Everything has its absolute origin. Europeans were once the same people. Non-argument.

It's not bad but not as good as 'Go 'Za

This pretty much hits the nail on the head

As a brit of course i'm biased, but I do think that we've come a long way in terms of food recently. It's disheartening when I'm in London and see so many tourists at the worst possible places to go, but it's us to blame for that.

We have fantastic produce and so many good restaurants, but the general public here is still behind in appreciating good food. There are too many people here who have no idea how to cook or whose fanciest dining experience is a meal at Nandos.

God you're pretentious.

flavorful; adj. 1) full of flavor; tasty

you are being very weird about terms my man

I suppose that depends on where your standards lie

Nandos is my go to restaraunt on a bulk doe nigga what u kno

>Tomatoes are from South America therefore Italians can't use them

>dissing the Nans

Shame on you

it's the same way in america

>ragging on Nandos
Is this what "cheeky banter with the lads" is?

>working-class '''''''''people'''''''''

If any of you enjoy watching things with Marco in them, you should watch the programme he made about British food

youtube.com/watch?v=tacB7jG4zJk

see what I mean?

No one likes middle class wankers

>creating "British" food using French techniques

epic

Every fucking country uses French techniques in its fine dining

Literally every single one

Then it's French cooking

traditional american breakfast is bacon and eggs with toast. Children eat poptarts and cereal.

It's not French cooking, the same way making a pie isn't Roman cooking

The only thing he knows about american breakfast is what he gleans from cereal commercials
It's better to just let people like that think what they think because they literally have no bearing on you

Americunt here. Only children and manchildren eat sugary sweets for breakfast as a mainstay. I might have a donut once a week but most of the time I'm having hash browns, over easy eggs, goetta and some kind of fruit with oatmeal. Usually frozen blueberries and banana slices in steaming hot oatmeal. The rest of my friends eat the same as does my family but they prefer the fatty bacon most Americans eat.

>That beef cracklin

holy shit

youtu.be/tacB7jG4zJk?t=1320

Ohio OUT

kek

time stamp that shit

had a footlong pulled pork w/extra chorizo today

I'm from Kentucky, m8. I just go to Kroger when I buy my goetta. If only Costco sold goetta, I'd never go anywhere else.

Come on, pic related. Wasn't this a discussion about peas?

>welfare recipients

Mushy peas are pretty nice m8

thats weird, it was supposed to copy from the time, i guess it doesn't work if it's youtu.be

it's around 22 minutes in when he cuts it

You can post the definition if you like, but it doesn't change the fact that it's a stupid word used by morons.

This post wins the Veeky Forums fedora of the day award.

Tell us more about how you are enlightened by your own superiority.

I've met some dumb autistic cunts on this site but you take the cake mr

>Giving your money to people who pander to muslim extremists and limit the choices of everyone else as part of said pandering

And now you resort to shitposting.

I'm not surprised that a child like you would use such a word.

Cuck

You're just sad.

>Is it as bad as they say it is?
It's a couple of decades behind because of generations who suffered rationing. The food revolution was late, the evolution was on pause. When people were exploring fusion food and enjoying food from a wide variety of immigrants in the Americas, or prosperous jet age travel, the Brits were still marveling at the comfort foods their climate grew and made available again. Home cooks were about budgeting and public displays of wealth were not what it was in the US, or the rest of the american continents. A bit of caribbean and asian isn't quite enough to satisfy the masses looking for escape from heavy starches. That curry can become #1 is a clue that things weren't too amazing overall.

I disagree on "disproportionate number of the best chefs in the world coming from Britain" as a serious case of national pride. It's simply not true. And, I'll show you that every celebrity chef is a total uneducated dunce. The best of the best? I don't think so. Let's look for IQ as a baseline. Some of them can't even use a computer as evidenced by shoddy lack of google research before touting some "traditional" piece of shit foreign recipe. Let's talk about Ramsey's american chili or the fact he looked for butter chicken all over India.

*your

Trolling is a art form.

>he eats breakfast

you have no friends and if you died today nobody would notice or care.

Techniques aren't the same as dishes. Do you think if you julienne an onion for your fried rice, it's automatically a French dish?

I'd be dead, so I wouldn't notice or care

>I'd be burning in hell for all eternity, so I wouldn't notice or care

ftfy

>burning in hell

That's Renaissance Italian fanfiction m8.

Damn, does being called out for the moron that you are trigger you so much?

I think he meant 'flavourful' for all the island dwelling bucktoothed cousin fuckers out there

fucking this.

fucking brits can't even pronounce their own invented language

Read the thread, faggot. It's nothing to do with his shit joke or his incorrect spelling.

don't tell me what to do you silly muslim.

Don't you reply to me with insults, you disable mouthed globule of shit.

Don't you ever reply to me again, Pedro.

both of you need to stop getting mad at a superior continent simply because your food isn't even fit for dogs.

Can you just shitpost elsewhere? The thread was much better without you.

There are good items in British cuisine, but overall I find it's one of the blandest in the world. Their dishes also tend to be pretty ugly visually speaking.

That said, if you get over the visual element, it's probably not as bad as people say. Toad in the whole for instance is delicious, despite the fact that it looks like feces.

>related to brits
>good

top laff

I wonder what put that chip on your shoulder.