CALLING ALL BRITS, NEED YOUR HELP

CALLING ALL BRITS, NEED YOUR HELP
Candy in the UK that they don't have in the USA.

Figure this is the best board to pose this question.
I have a penpal in the US, who I want to send a box of UK candy, and obviously I want to send stuff they're not going to have had before, so what candy do we have in the UK that doesn't exist in the US?

Not chocolate, because that's a perishable, which I can't mail, unfortunately.

Brits? Americans who've come here?

Any input would be appreciated guys! Cheers!

>candy

Fuck off. You're not British

Humbugs
Coconut Mushrooms
Black jacks
Blackpool Rock
Rhubarb & Custard
Rosey Apples
Flying Saucers

Just go to a traditional sweetshop or look online for British sweets.

FOY

*feck off

Kinder surprise.

Bon Bons
Flying Saucers
Lemon Sherbets
Chocolate Limes
Blackcurrant & Liquorices
Rhubard and custards
Kola Kubes

never been to burger land, and I have no frame of reference

>Coconut Mushrooms
>Rosey Apples
I'm English and I've never heard of these.

This makes me want to recreate Runescape recipes

I like to send Kit Kats, e.g. orange, mint, dark chocolate, cookies and cream, peanut butter. Jaffa Cakes are a good shot too. Maybe RownTree's as well.

Might also be worthwhile going to Waitrose or Marks and Spencer's to get some supermarket brand British-style snacks, like stuff with elderflower or something.

Chocolate isn't that perishable. I've gotten it through the post many a time.

You can basically send anything. Pick up a bunch of bags off the sugary junkfood aisle in the supermarket, stuff them in a box, and mail it.

>Chocolate isn't that perishable. I've gotten it through the post many a time.
This. I order Crunchie bars off of Amazon allllll the time. This is a chocolate bar that has zero equivalent in the united states. The turkish delight is also unique. The big containers like you see for gift-giving of various assorted or snack sizes would be lovely to ship, such as "Quality Street."

If this is someone who cooks, you might find some of the recipe ingredients nice to send, like curry packets or digestive cookies (which go to make the right crust in the banofee pie). I couldn't make my holiday trifle without the Birds custard powder...I mean I could...but the weird vanillin flavoring wouldn't be there. As a brit you have more imports locally of the scandinavian licorice choices, and in the US there are none with chocolate added, and not much salt licorice either.

> I order Crunchie bars off of Amazon allllll the time. This is a chocolate bar that has zero equivalent in the united states.
Surely they have cinder toffee in the states??

Looks amazing
looks awful.
gotta get that puffy crust. I don't see why people are afraid of this dish. it's just clam chowder in a pie.

better than middle pie, worse than top.

>I don't see why people are afraid of this dish.
it could be the fish heads, user

sorry to hear about your deprived childhood, coconut mushrooms were my favourite (although my mother called them nests because if you turn it upside down, it looks like a nest with a funny shaped egg in)

Reddit did a candy and snack exchange, maybe there are people that still do that / can help out. Honesty, I packed a box of goodies for Australia and shit cost $240. Cool idea, but when you get into packs of candles, cookies, and sauces it adds up.

Do you want to get him arrested for mailing contraband?

so what? if you don't like bones you can just bone the god damn fisk and stick the head and tail in the crust as a garnish.