How do you feel about "mirror cakes?"

How do you feel about "mirror cakes?"

There's this Russian woman on Instagram who makes them and posts pictures.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5z5VWIBT3tM
amazon.com/dp/B009LMJH1G?psc=1
youtube.com/watch?v=SKLwYNt12tM
instagram.com/olganoskovaa/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I could see myself eating one.

Isn't the glass a bit crunchy?

How does the mirror cake feel about me?

ambivalent

I SEE what you did there

ayyy

They're beautiful.

Think it's agar.
Presumably glass would have a far better "mouth feel" than biting into a few millimeter thick layer of agar with your cake.

>le response

just as shit as water drop 'cakes'

Wouldn't that be a blackberry cake?

This is probably correct, agar is better at gelling into a solid than gelatin, especially at room temperature. This allows the glaze to be very viscous before it sets. If you reapply multiple layers of glaze, you can get an extremely smooth surface. Very labor intensive, looks great, but it probably tastes like a typical sugar glaze as agar doesn't add flavor.

>blueberry

B-but there's a blackberry on the donut....

Someone write this guy a check!

go back to r/food fagget

They're gorgeous.

I'm making a mirror ganache using this soon:
youtube.com/watch?v=5z5VWIBT3tM

nice looking ponut, id dig right in

whats the red layer?

The next meme baking good after muffins and macarons

good job user

Yeah, it's called glacage and it's pretty much just icing with some gelatin. The effect she's achieving is more to do with the fact that she gets the underlying cake extremely flat, with that thick layer of some sort of mousse or cremeux. They're like large entremets.

I dunno
I need time to reflect

this

where the fuck do you get gelatin sheets? i'm a baker and go to a professional baking supply store for all my supplies and never seen anything like this.

>YUK JELLY IS GROSS LOOK AT THOSE BAD PHOTOS FROM THE 70"s
>OMG MIRROR CAKE OMNOMNOM LE FEELS
polite but sincere sage, you disgust me, Veeky Forums

>where the fuck do you get gelatin sheets? i'm a baker and go to a professional baking supply store for all my supplies and never seen anything like this.
They are called "leafs" of gelatin, and are barely different than powder, might be a touch more clear, but take longer to dissolve.

Try amazon, or a european grocery...all their brands sell it that way.

Post her insta please

They're sold by bloom number, so you don't need to figure out how to dilute on the fly for whichever firm or firmer purpose in mind.
amazon.com/dp/B009LMJH1G?psc=1

good advice ty user.

now i wish i could just find this shit

youtube.com/watch?v=SKLwYNt12tM

tried amazon, j-list, ebay and nothing. found the rilakkuma frying pan at least.

here you go mate
instagram.com/olganoskovaa/

Is this like fondant where it looks better than it tastes

Chicago style 'or 'za right there!

FPBP

Yes because agar is made from seaweed.

Vegans will try to argue that it tastes like nothing and that gelatin tastes horrible because of the animal bone marrow, which should raise questions on its own merit.

ayyy lmao

there was an user here who posted similar OC cakes a while back, haven't seen them in a while though

Legit though I mixed up some gelatin the other week and it made my whipped cream taste like animal hide. I'd rather use agar for that reason alone.

But also because I'm a weeaboo and agar agar is something that cute Japanese girls make.

>this thread reminded me that I have watermelon jello in the fridge

Too bad it doesn't taste as good as the real watermelon next to it.

I'd rather eat an actual mirror.

>woman on Instagram
Ignored as non-notable. What is a mirror cake, and how is it different from duck-pouts and cleavage shots?

Lel I hate women too bro DAE le girls are dumb???? XD