Gin

Who else drinks gin? Do you have a preferable brand? Mixers? What food do you think it compliments?

I've just discovered the joy of gin and ice cold water. Finished with a slice of lemon, pic very related.

Favorite is Hendrick's.

Usually just cold gin+tonic, will sometimes add just a splash of 100% pure cranberry juice, or a dash of fruit bitters.

Gins I have tried:

Bombay Sapphire
Tanqueray
Magellan
Death's Door
Uncle Val's
London No1
Ungava

Every drink them neat? I find that after the first one, they all taste the same.

When I get something new I always try it neat first, then with a bit of ice, and then I mix afterwards based on taste.

Most of those are quite different from each other, I'm quite should I could identify them all blind, whether neat or with tonic.

its close to 30 degrees in shade here and my windows catch sunlight from noon until sundown. Gin and tonic is the nectar of life

Picked up a bottle of this stuff while i was in New Zealand last week. Good, but expensive. I'm not sure what to pair it with yet, might have to try a few different tonics than my usual.

>Ungava

Mein neger

Also, for people looking for a nice lite gin to go with tonic for the summer months, this stuff is fantastic for the price.

>light
i'm retarded

Ungava is really good, it would probably be my primary gin if I could actually buy it locally.

It's like 60% of the price of Hendrick's, and 90% of the quality.

We pay it 35.25$ in Québec.

Burnett's.

The best gin I've tried so far is Martin Miller's.
However, I'm a true pleb, and generally drink my gin with some lemonade or another type of citrusy drink.

A fellow sufferer of the saq's tyranny, I see

>See a recommendation for a brand of liquor on Veeky Forums
>Look it up at the saq
>It's ridiculously expensive

Every fucking time

Liquor is like that basically everywhere in Canada.

Last fall I was drinking a lot of Hendricks - I basically dropped it once I realized I was spending over $150/month just on gin.

I bought a bottle of Laphroaig earlier for $90 and then finished it in a week and was like fucking hell what I am doing.

I heard Uncle Val's is basically just a less expensive Hendrick's.

Comparison?

Uncle Val's I liked quite a bit, but it is definitely different from Hendrick's. If you like gin then I would definitely recommend trying it.

I would say quality-wise between the two I think they are objectively on par, but Hendrick's is simply my preference.

rum is best no matter what you guys say.

smooth, sweet, and strong all at the same time

Nice, thanks.

I was choosing between Uncle Val's and pic related, and I went with this because of the higher ABV. Also Anchor Steam is my favorite beer, so I figured Anchor know what they're doing when it comes to distillation too.

Why not have both?

>tfw 700ml gin for fifteen quid in Aldi

Organic label on alcohol?
Fucking why

This nigger knows whats up. Listen to him.

My local supermarket shelves cider in the "gluten free" section. Every time I see it I want to set fire to the place.

>gotta appeal to that hipster crowd

all i know is it tastes good, and it is reasonably priced

Gin's probably my favorite hard liquor. It tastes like I'm drinking a Christmas tree and I love it.

I tried this and thought it was good. What is the deal with this old tom stuff anyway?

hardcore alcoholic here,m yes, I drink it, despite its taste

I almost exclusively drink gin and I'm not a fan of Hendrick's at all. If you like it, good on you, you probably like the floral notes that are more prevalent in a gin. I'm more of a fan of the peppery/piney notes that are associated with different gins.

My top 5, not in order
Fenimore
Blue Coat
Billberry Black Hearts
Audemus Pink Pepper
And at a bar probably boodles or beefeater

It sounds like you drink too fast.

>What food do you think it compliments?
Gin

It's just calling out cider drinkers for the fags that they are.

Old Tom, loosely speaking, is an intermediate style of gin developed sometime after genever but before london dry. It's generally characterized as being slightly sweeter than LD and more balanced in the botanical profile. Usually that means you get juniper=citrus>spice instead of the whole juniper supported by smaller amounts of everything else you have going on in london dry. The one you have there is barrelled because back in the old tom style's heyday spirits were usually stored in barrels and the stuff people were drinking probably had just a little bit of wood on it, but there are lots of distillers with a weaker authenticityboner who go the modern route and put their shit right into the bottle with no aging.

If you haven't already, try it in a Tom Collins (that's how the drink got its name) or a Martinez (invented during the same time period and was probably made with OT in mind)