Anyone else despise food being served like this?

Anyone else despise food being served like this?

Here in London nearly every restaurant does this. It was probably the biggest insult in my life having my food served to me in half a wellington boot or having my chips served in a little metal basket (which allows the chips to touch the filthy table below it). There's really nothing more humiliating than the giggling as people stare at your culinary abortion presented before you and then degrade yourself as you eat out of a fucking dog bowl, dust pan, boot, mirror or whatever they can think of. It's pretentious and embarrassing.

I've made a habit of taking these non plates home with me. If I take enough of them home hopefully restaurants will have to resort back to using normal plates.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/cGMCmbLq2qs
dailytech.com/Japanese Make Delicious Nourishing Steaks From Human Feces/article21932.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Try cooking your own food, you lazy slob.

If I was EVER served this I'd push it onto the floor.

Here's a good example.

Whenever I get served stuff like this, I just take it home and put it in the bin.

That's for a fucking eating challenge you moron.

I bet you've never been served anything in unusual crockery; you're just bullshitting.

That's in poor taste, I don't care how "artsy" you think you are.

why dont you just ask for a regular plate, or leave

Leave the check on an armed Bear trap. Tell them it symbolizes Capitalism.

Don't order it then you stupid cunt.
Life must be a constant struggle for you.

is this theme based on ronald dahl's BFG story book?

I ordered dessert at this fancy restaurant and they brought out a balloon for me to eat. I was so insulted I tried to throw it on floor but it just floated to the ceiling.

youtu.be/cGMCmbLq2qs

i lold

It's Japanese, poop is less disgusting because waste management is almost completely perfect. It's not like they're fine with the idea of shit in public, exactly the opposite, the concept of shit is just so distanced from social interaction that it becomes a humorous abstraction that merely resembles human waste. As far as I can tell, it's a joke and it isn't contextually in bad taste anymore than eating out of any other silly-shaped bowl would be in the West.

How do you know it's Japanese? That pic could have been taken anywhere

>despise
You sound like a hobo that look at people through the glass and gets mad he can't afford it

Are you literally retarded/autistic?

I'm being very serious, are you? How could you possibly walk into a restaurant you don't want to be at and order something you didn't want?

lol this is pretty dumb. Also putting helium is probably borderline illegal.

dailytech.com/Japanese Make Delicious Nourishing Steaks From Human Feces/article21932.htm

Their waste management system has been perfected to such a point that people can eat their own shit.

Food served in a boot? Is this real life?

I think you missed the point. He's not complaining about the food, he's complaining the presentation and the choice of serving dishes.

holy hell

often a restaurant will not describe their plating procedures on the menu

truly a meme country

If the ivy leaf is real you can sue them, it's a toxic plant.

Those fancy restaurants are common knowlege. They are expensive and demand to be put on a list weeks if not months in advance. You are full of shit to pretend not knowing what you'll get.

Kek

But that kind of crap isn't limited to fancy restaurants with a 3-month waiting list. Small, unknown places are doing it too.

I was visiting a friend in TX a couple weeks ago and he took me to a tiny local place attached to a microbrewery. Beer and BBQ. And they served the fries in perforated baskets and the meal on metal plates. The look of the presentation didn't bother me at all but it was a stupid choice of plating because the food was able to cool down so fast.

>to a tiny local place attached to a microbrewery.
so, literally a hipster shithole. How can you pretend those places won't serve you fad and meme shit?

Bless you, sweet child of summer.

It's true though. Ivy is toxic, and allergies are really bad. Don't put it near your food, even as decoration. Or even as a stamping model like you do for chocolate leaf. It's fucking nasty.

>so, literally a hipster shithole

Yep. My point was that it wasn't "fancy", nor did it have a waiting list. In other words, it was an exception to what described.

I'm chewing ivy leaf with the entire nursing home while I type this. We are all okay. Even the puppies are okay.

Of these meme things the ones I hate the most of slabs of slate instead of plates and mason jars instead of glasses.

Because I see a toilet chair in the background of that photo and I read about the world's only toilet-themed restaurant in a physical Guiness Book of World Records collection my great-aunt bought me as a birthday gift about a decade ago. I don't know for sure if it was from Japan, but it was some Eastern Asian country.
I also could have told you it's because of the bowl shapes, Japan is one of the only civilized countries that has both hole toilets and elongated toilets available to the middle class in even distribution. If you showed an American the bowl in the background he'd think it was some sort of baby carriage and if you showed an Eastern Indian the one in the foreground they'd think it was some sort of bathtub.

Further research shows that it's actually from a Taiwanese restaurant, "Magic Restroom Cafe", which is now closed.

Looks like Alenia.

How was the meal bro? Any good?

> goes to pretencious embaressing restaurants
> gets embaressed

Make better life choices dude . You live in London . Stick to traditional Asian and European restaurants where they don't fuck around and they don't grow stupid Viking beards

>pretencious
>embaressing
>embaressed
>dude . You
>London . Stick
Who the fuck taught you how to type? Rich Vos?

I go to some pretty trashy bars for lunch, this is about the best I get.

The potato chips go cold quickly in those basket things, that is probably my only real problem with this.

>potato chips
Those are fries.

I FUCKING HATE WHEN THEY PUT SHIT THROUGH THE BURGER. FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU FUCK YOU

Chips, brah

It's not McDonald's

Go to bed it's late where you are

No, potato chips are thinly sliced potatoes that have been deep fried. French fries, commonly referred to as just "fries" are potatoes cut into strips and deep fried. If they're long and still have some soft potato in them, they're fries. If they're round and flat and completely crunchy, they're chips.

This doesn't seem so bad. I think the baskets are cute.

Unless you live somewhere where the word chips means fries. Or did you know there are other countries And I ruined the joke?

I ate the chicken burger closest to the camera and it was really good tbqhf

French fries is what McDonald's sells, those are chips.

No, these are chips.

This. What kind of moran goes to restaurants?

it's highly lethal to pets. Enjoy your dead toxic meat.

those are crisps

No, these are crisps.

>Anyone else despise food being served like this?
I expect everyone does.
If you're going to put my food on a plank of wood, at least put a fucking groove in it to stop shit dripping off the side.

I swear its fucking HR, sales, and marketing departments fucking it up for everyone in every industry.

2 eggs a sausage, 2 hash browns, mushrooms and beans are not an eating challenge you donut.

I don't think you realize how common this is.

Helium is harmless.

Corporate culture is anti-person.

I don't see any snozzcumbers so i doubt it.

I pick my dog shit up with a scoop very similar to that and I bet alot of dog owners do too. When you scoop up some clover and grass with the shit it looks pretty much liek that.

Why on earth would they think that is a good idea to serve, the only thing worse would be if they served chocolate mousse in the shape of a turd on it.

white people the thread

and you make fun of the groes for eating the chicken from buckets?

OOGA BOOGA BIP BUP POO DO DAT DUBBA SUMPIN CHIM BIMBO

Other people need to use the library computers, Mr. Washingthomasmith

This entire thread is concentrated, weapons-grade autism.

Even my dogs get their food in a bowl, why would you want it in a trough?

You've got to be fucking kidding me.
Please tell me London chefs aren't stooping this low.
Good food should always be served from white dishes which accentuate the colors and textures of the food, and of appropriate size to make the food look centered and appetizing
Anything else (with the exception of sizzle platters or other specialty plates/bowls for some specific dishes) is out of the question. .

kill it with fire

So much THIS.

I don't mind alt presentation as long as it serves a purpose beyond "look how relevant and hip we are!!1!".
That being said, I can only think of two chefs who do it that don't cause insta eye rolling (Dan Barber and Emma Bengtsson).

>moran
What kind of moron spells moron wrong?

How new are you? It's a common joke around here.

That's been a joke on the internet for about 13 years.

>not eat food out of a fucking clog

I mean it's CURRENT YEAR for gods sake

What exactly is the meal in OP's picture? I can't even tell what kind of food that's supposed to be.

it the cheese and pate plate. bread cheese pate and sweet shit to go with the cheese.

don't argue with the britbongs user

you're literally arguing with retards

Lets them get away with less food.

Don't like it? Stop eating in London.

Literally how?

I'd tell you to move North, but we don't want any of you wee Southern fairies here.

Fast food automation when

>which is now closed
How fitting.

are those chocolates?

>Rich Vos
KEK HOLY SHIT.

me and you can go way back.

Dylan?

Chef here, nothing wrong with boards and slates. They look nice.

chocolate covered mushrooms

a fucking wheelbarrow

It's to cut the burger up you fucking autist, relax

The board is kinda of cringey, but not as cringey as the everlast shirt. At least it was big enough that shit wouldn't be constantly tumbling off

I'm referring to the part where sophie and the giant met the queen for breakfast and he had to use spades and pitchforks for utensils

That thing looks like it would kill you then fuck your throat hole With its duck bill penis.

>helium is probably borderline illegal.

Yup, just like driving at the speed limit is borderline illegal. More often described as 100% legal until a law is created outlawing it.

It's a hot dog bun with chutney for dipping. A London staple.

>calamari clog

actually clever compared to the others

>borderline illegal

Literally retarded

Legality is binary

It either is, or it isn't. There isn't any fucking "borderline"

the wheelbarrow is cute.
I would just leave without paying if they served me that, but it's still kinda cute.

that burger is so poorly constructed that it would fall apart as you picked it up anyway.

This post is borderline offensive but you are definitely a retard

>its an american tries arguing about the english language episode

i love bugles
they are so mediocre like my existence
they are the snack i can identify with
and you can put them on your fongers

>pow-tay-tuh cheeps m8