I just got 5 ears of corn for $1. What the hell do I do with this?

I just got 5 ears of corn for $1. What the hell do I do with this?

elote

Oh man I would love to, but I live in an apartment with an electric stove and don't have a fire grill.

Marinate in your ass for six hours then grill

Shuck then boil them.

you can microwave em for 3 minutes each
parents always do that
i'd grill em tho

cook them wrapped in foil and then depending on how hot your oven is broil them to your desired charred-ness, if im going all out ill do it that way but since im lazy and im normally making it for just me im fine with just cooking them in foil

soak with the husk on for an hour or so
use a charcoal grill to heat up some coals, bury the corn with the husk on it in it for 10 minutes

Esquites.

>husk
>make sure to get all the corn silk
>boil
>serve with either a swordfish steak and a side of steamed or baked greens or a good filet with a baked potato
wa la

>op says he doesn't have a grill
>half the responses say to grill them

You're all very special people.

boil them in water.

salt and butter.

use 2 forks to hold em.

enjoy.

like ... 2 minutes in boiling water.

eat them

Butt stuff

this tbqhwyf

For 1$, just feed your chickens with it.

Don't boil corn

Roast it. The taste is incomparable. Roasting it in the husk works, but I hate having to shuck hot corn, so I usually wrap it up real tight in tin foil with some butter and a ice cube and put it on the grill for 20 minutes or so. Check on it (it probably won't be done) then throw it directly on the grill to blacken.

this user knows what's up

corn makes a great topping for pizza

Freeze it. Doesn't mess with the texture at all. I drop mine into boiling water and call it good

I always just throw mine into boiling water, and then add toppings as I like.
So know that you can freeze them, or boil them, cop the corn off the cob, and then freeze the loose corn to use how you want, or wrap it up in tin foil, add butter, parm, salt, etc, and stick it in the oven. Cheap corn is a good buy.

Please go to hell immediately

have you tried it? He's actually correct, I do it all the time.

>shuck hot corn

OP here I'm seriously considering this since it will make me feel less buyer's remorse over the crock pot I bought.

Nixtamalization
Make masa out of it
Then make tamales

Unless you spent an absurd amount of money on it, I don't see why you'd have buyer's remorse over a crock pot. You can make so many good things with one.