/bg/ - beer general

Let's get a general going. What are you drinking today, Veeky Forums? It was hot as balls today, so I got some wheat beers to unwind with.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranitidine
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Wheat beers are the shit, what's your opinion on Hoegaarden?

>it ain't drinkable starts playing

I'm sorry, I don't drink horsepiss 'enpai

I got a variety 12 pack of New Belgium and it's not bad for $13. I had 2 Lagunitas Sucks left over in the fridge. I've been drunk for the past 30 hours.

Another excellent beer from surly. Similar to abrasive but way more crushable. This brewery kills it on the regular

Only problem is the price point (like abrasive as well) but it was worth trying

Surprised to see my local Vons carrying Oskar Blues but got a pack of Pinner and a 22oz of 805 and a 22oz of a Marshmellow milk stout from Garage Brewing. Also got some Luponic Distortion and Easy Jack in my fridge. How's everyones day?

Gotta work tomorrow but i have a few bottles of lunch by maine beer waiting in the fridge for me so its all good

Haven't tried anything by them before. Always down to try a new wheat beer though. What would you recommend from their line?

Going good man. Think my amber ale finally hit fg today, so I should be good to bottle in on sunday. Had some stouts conditioning for a few weeks, so they should be almost ready.

>amber ale
nice m8. I've been itching to brew something. Especially since its been hot. I was thinking a saison or an IPA. What hops did you use?

its basically just hoegaarden regular...i don't know anything else they make.

my preferred wheat beers are hacker pschorr or weiheinstephaner though. weihenstephaner hefeweiss is the absolute top tier wheat beer

Do the saison dude, that's gonna be my next brew. I used cascade for the amber ale. It's nothing fancy, just a basic brew from a kit I've had sitting around for a while.

how many barrels on your system?

>weihenstephaner hefeweiss
I'll be looking for this on my next beer run. Thanks man!

No barrels atm. My set up is pretty basic man. Really just got into brewing. I use a 5 gallon fermenter for my primary, and rack straight to the bottles.

you using extract or grain?

Extract brews so far, but I want to go all grain for my next batch. Thinking biab will be the best way to ease into it.

Schneider makes good shit.

Their Aventinus is absolutely delicious.

>Aventinus
Tried that last week. Seriously good stuff man.

>I want to go all grain for my next batch.

It's not as much of a pain in the ass as it may have sounded at first, user.

Just download a good brewing program, input your data, and it'll hook you up with all the info you need to make a great brew.

I'm drinking Weihenstephaner's Pilsner along with the few Narragansett's I have left.

I don't know what else to talk about. I like Weihenstephaner for what it is despite it being imported. What's the general opinion of Weihenstephaner here?

I'm sure it's not bad. Been using beersmith for my first few brews, so I feel comfortable with the software. I'll definitely give it a go come next brew day.

BIAB? ive never heard of that method. I use a 10 gallon barrel for the boil and 10 gallon cooler for mash. Pretty easy set up.

what said. Check out BeerSmith2 been using it for a while now.

i've only had the hefe and the dunkel, both are excellent

Im so happy. One of my favorite beers, Prima Pils is now being sold as a 12 pack. Now I dont have to feel like an alcoholic every time I buy some.

I saw this abomination while browsing around today

There actually exists people who would drink this shit?

My friend tried this a while ago. Said it was the nastiest piece of shit he's ever had. Saw it at the local bevmo, and now I feel obligated to try it.

I liked Todd a lot more than Abrasive, both are really goo but pretty overpriced

>drinking anything from Rogue
>ever
aside from their brown ale literally nothing from them is even worth drinking

I don't know, I kind of want to try one of their doughnut beers at least once in my life, just to say i've tried it

West Coast beer is meme beer

drinking some anchor porter and lagunitas, they taste good together as a black and tan/half and half.

lel

I liked their chocolate stout

I actually saw that in the store too next to the sriracha one.

Is it good? It seemed a bit pricey.

It's not bad, one of the better chocolate stouts I've tried. Malt comes through with pretty strong roasted coffee, and you kind of get hit with the chocolate right after.

Currently my favorite chocolate stout is the one from Samuel Smith

I can definitely recommend that one

Help me not be a pleb.
Out of all beers my favourite used to be hoegaarden, and now its a basic bitch asahi.

I have had so many beers but nothing compares. What do i do

>lagers
wew lad, WEW

:^(

>all that pissbeer

Love their oatmeal stout, so I'll definitely have to give this one a try.

Their imperial stout is also really good

It's a curse.
It's probably because I'm from a place where the only way of getting craft beer is ordering it online, which is really fucking expensive and not worth it, so i tricked myself into liking piss.

Pretty much come to expect that if it's labeled "Sam Smith" and "stout", it's gonna be quality.

Truth

If you ever find their Vitus that shit's fucking awesome

Start trying the Belgian trappist ales.

Seconding this. If its hard to get trappist beer in you area, try expanding into different kinds of cheap stuff. Guinness got me into stouts, which in turn got me into craft beer as a whole.

Too sweet.

rogue brews straight up garbage

the dead guy ale isn't bad but they are literally a meme brewery

Just had this. Brandy Barrel aged quad. One of the best I've ever had desu. Highly recommend.

another one i had recently

if you can get your hands on it buy immediately. it's not one of those citrus or hop bombs but is one of the most balanced ipas i've ever had. so smooth. glad i got 3 of these bad boys left

The crappy joke being "drink responsibly"

Midwest humor.

That looks so disgusting.

I tried the raspberry pretzel one which actually wasn't terrible, but I'd never buy anything from them again

I bought a 4 pack of this stuff and it's great. Crazy hops up from, grassy, and a nice finish that was super lemony. No bitterness at all really. One of the best IIPAs I've had desu and super drinkable. Kinda dangerous at almost 10%

Fuck

More Bourbon than coffee to me atleast. Not worth the massive price they charge for it!

Yeah 50/50s are never worth the price. Ive had about 4 of these and always been underwhelmed by each. Especially since their like $27 each.

Had this yesterday. Loved it.

Who else /workinbeer/ here?

Blacked out for the first time in almost 6 months last night. Woke up in my car, didn't drive anywhere,

Fucking Jameson.

Drinking water and coffee for now, but I got a Great White and a Downtown Brown from Lost Coast Co. in Fort Bragg for when I feel more hydrated.

First time i had an chance to get them at all so i felt compelled to buy two bottles, the coffee one i had tonight and a Elijah Craig 12yo that will probably sit in the cellar for a awhile just to forget what i payed for it.

Washed the bad feelings of overpaying away with some homebrewed New England style IPA. Soon 3 weeks in the keg and this sample was the one yet so it does keep improving for awhile for sure!

Last night I drank some beers and felt awful. I had some pilsners and some IPAs. Could it have anything to do with mixing these two types of beers? Or did I just get unlucky?

What should I do before I start drinking again? Same thing happened to me, but not in a car. I'm all shaky and sweaty and feel very anxious. Worried I won't keep it down if I drink so soon.

Vomiting always makes me feel better. I'm actually not even that hungover, just a lightweight and didn't have dinner last night.

Try and drink water, your body needs hydration, if you throw it up then wait a bit. Your feelings of anxiousness probably come from still being drunk and not getting good sleep. If you feel like shit, get a wet-towel on the forehead, or take a shower if you're capable. It will pass with time, watch a movie, smoke some weed, just rest.

I also had a sandwich from the store I vomited outside of. Food will make it easier to digest whatever leftover alchy is still in the system.

What hops you using for that one maing?

Pic related was also underwhelming btw

Citra and Amarillo with the Citra being dominant. Next time i will throw some Mosaic at the same maltbill.

I know I get headaches a bad hangover from certain ipas, sierra nevada gives me a bad hangover with a pounding headache but I still drink it.

Stouts never give me a hangover ever, must be the hops.

Mosaicand citra are always great and honestly ive yet to taste a bad beer (mediocre maybe) where those hops where at the forfront. Id love to do a single hop nelson ipa but nelson hops are in huge shortage in my area.

Not alot of stuff i have tried that use Nelson. I had a bag of slightly older hops of that variant once. The beer i made with it got screwed up in all sorts of ways sadly though so it was an mess.

Nelson and Galaxy is an combo i have read should work good.

Alpine beer co used to make a killer nelson ipa. Modern times bought up all the nelson hops here in cali though so either very scarce to practicaly no more nelson ipa from alpine. Shame. Galaxy is killer as a single hop beer too. Pic related

Drank Grolsch and Spaten lagers yesterday. Probably going dig into Pilsner Urquell and Hofbrau Lagers today.

Schneider weisse is one of the only Wheat beers I'll drink besides Erdinger.

Hmm, maybe Galaxy would work well with Citra in an oatheavy ipa. Another brew i have to try out sometime.

Pic related is what i have in the glass now, worst Lagunitas i have i had. Not a big fan of the style at all, but this one with it´s high abv without any benefit is just not good at all.

Some lagunitas are very mediocre for me. But it was also one of my entry beers that led me into craft years ago so ill always have a soft spot for them.

Just had this the other day. Lucky to buy an original print too.

First of all: I've never had it fresh in Germany so I'm only able to review what has been standing a while on the shelves here in Finland. And in my very humble opinion they're hit and miss.

I expected more from their hefe. It was true to the style but a bit insipid. Their Pilsner was very discreet (but that's how German pilsners come across to me so yet again it seemed to be true to the style).
Their weizenbock Vitus was absolutely great though. One of the best wheat beers I've ever had. Highly recommended.

Always liked Mikkeller. They have made some awesome beers, lately though i have started to pick up some problems with beers produced by de proef. Not just Mikkellers stuff made there but also other breweries contracted beers, i shy away from most stuff made by that contractor theses days.
Sad as i know they made great stuff for alot of phantom brewers earlier.

Best Mikkeller i ever had was the Vanilla Shake! Insane stout!

Ive tied a decent oortion of the beer geeks. If you see it you gotta try brunch weasel. Made with the worlds "most expensive" coffee. The beer is supreme.

I like beer and all, but I'd rather just take the coffee.

I had this in France and it was the shit. Those monks sure know what they're doing.

Heineken seems to be their PBR. I had it for the first time there and it was disgusting.

German beer. Have you tried "Augustinerbräu"?

I might have tried it actually, i remember the cat poo stuff, but i was to drunk to enjoy the beer for what it was i guess at the moment.
Not a fitting beer late at a group testing.

No unfortunately. It's not available here. Is it good?

>tfw sitting back and drinking some lagers while eating hot wings and watching the USA vs Colombia game last night

I was drinking pic related, pretty good desu.

bought a six pack of this yesterday
haven't had one in a long time
remembered it to be pretty good

That beer became so delicious when I drank it at the exact right temperature. I mean all beer is but the difference was especially noticeable in that one.

>exact right temperature
So cold the taste disappeared?

How do I deal with acid coming up my throat when trying to drink multiple days in a row? It makes it very hard.

I've had it. It's not terrible. It taste like an average stout and finishes a little spicy. The spiciness doesn't linger like hot sauce and that was kinda weird. It would make a pretty dank red beer, I think. It's like 20 bucks a bottle so it isn't worth the price.

Double Red

right now, with cashews and dried mango, browsing the 'chan and dreaming of 'go 'za, prepping to play some more Overwatch

Doppelbock

later, while cooking bok choy & sirloin stir-fry with cumin and apricot chutney

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranitidine

I take the 24 hour kind when I start drinking.

drinkin some ice cold PBRs. Go fuck yourself with your micro brew "im special" shit.

PBR is more expensive than Genny Cream, Yuengling, Sam Adams, and Rolling Rock (not a micro brew I know) in my area.

How is that possible? Do you live in a hip neighborhood? It's $6.99 a 12 pack everywhere I've ever been.

Where the fuck is PBR more expensive than Sam Adams?

All those others I get because they are probably even worse than PBR, but Sam Adams is ok

I love this shit

Sam adams is like $10 for a 6 pack while I pay $8 for a 12 pack of pbr. I drink to get fucked, call me what you want.

I call you a no taste pleb