I'm considering starting my days with 'bagel & bacon'

i'm considering starting my days with 'bagel & bacon'

i would probably eat them seperately unlike in pic, and would put cream cheese on the toasted bagel.

thoughts?

i'm just curious of there's something inherently unhealthy about bagels

They're worth like 4 slices of bread of carbs since they're fried in oil or some shit.

honestly eating 2 of them is like half a loaf of bread.

yeah tons of carbs in refined FAT. first thread i saw on this board annnnnnnd the last too.

That's a very unhealthy meal but if you like it go for it

add egg, avocado and cheese

added liquid egg from cartons, guacamole and kraft singles.

Nothing healthy about them. Nothing unhealthy either as long as you don't overeat them. Some of the hottest cardiobunnies i've ever seen get bagels with egg whites frequently.

Source: am bagel baker.

>liquid egg from cartons
is this a thing?

mcd's folded eggs yes. it's what they use on bagels.

I'm sure liquid "egg" is a thing

Probably getting a little less and a little more then you bargain for

>le liquid """""""""""""""""egg""""""""""""""""

Neck yourself.

Here's some nutritional information.
>98g bagel
Calories: 245
Carbs: 48g (6g sugar)
Sodium: 430mg
Fat: 1.5g
Protein: 10g

>14.5g cream cheese (one tablespoon)
Calories: 49
Carbs: 0.6g
Sodium: 47mg
Fat: 5g
Protein: 0.9g

>16g bacon (two strips)
Calories: 86
Carbs: 0.2g
Sodium: 274mg
Fat: 6.6g
Protein: 6g

You're looking at a very reasonable 380 calories for breakfast. The fat's actually pretty reasonable, since the recommendation is about 60g and this meal would only be about 13.1g. 50g of carbs is about a 5th or 6th of the recommended 225-325g in a day, and 6g of sugar is a reasonable amount of the 25g sugar recommended in a day. 16g is a decent step toward the pretty vaguely recommended 50-100g of protein.

One big problem I see here is the sodium, especially if you're getting flavored bagels with extra salt thrown on. 2300mg is the upper limit of the FDA's recommended sodium intake, with a preference of closer to 1500. 751mg is a large chunk of either of these, especially if you tend toward larger, salty meals later in the day. You should also include fruits and vegetables with this if you're going to eat it daily, for fiber and vitamins. Drink a tall glass of water or unsweet tea with it.

>sources: dude trust me

>245 calories from one shitty bun
>reasonable

If you're full from it until lunch and you eat a total of 1600-2000 calories in a day I don't see a problem with it, the meal is only 1/4th-1/5th of the daily total. If OP's restricting to 1300 then maybe there's a problem, depending on what they have for lunch, but they didn't mention anything like that.

you can eat 6 and it would be your entire calorie intake in a day

Yes, but just imagine attempting to eat 6 damn bagels in a day. Solid way to wreck your jaw cartilage with all of that chewing.

Is that 'nia style 'gel n 'con

you should stay under 100 carbs a day and that's like half of it there. carbing up for breakfast is giving you an insulin spike unless you're built for it.

Sometimes, I like to go to the grocery store and get everything bagels, goat cheese, and smoked salmon. Highly, highly recommended.

If you do bagel and cream cheese I'd have fruits on the side or add jam. Bacon doesn't match.
Btw, fuck all you stupid wanna-be health nuts in this thread. You guys don't know shit about nutrition except maybe this guy.