Matcha green tea

I just became aware of the existence of this tea thanks to my housemate.
Am I being memed or is this drink as amazing as the internet is telling me?

>Am I being memed or is this drink as amazing as the internet is telling me?
This question gets asked every week about every meme of the week.

Yes it's great. Yes it's currently marketed or a meme.

Prices and blog posts go up for a few months and it continues to do what it's always done. Matcha has always been expensive and green tea of almost any kind has always been a mildly good for you drink

It's not going to do anything amazing for your body but if it's cheap then go nuts. Just don't assume it's going to cure your cancer or spiritualize your chi or whatever and you're fine

Looks like paint.

I personally think that it's too sweet. But it's good for things like baking or sweets.

How do a brew a cup of matcha without all the powder sinking to the bottom? I have a wisk and use it vigorously, but it never froths for me

It's expensive. I like the flavor in tea and the Green Tea Jap Kitkats.

I prefer cawfee

rusev udria

rusev matcha

Matcha has been on my list to buy for a while, I really want to make green tea ice cream. Has anyone had experience making things besides tea with it?

Its literally japanese instant powdered tea, like lipton tier, except weebs cream their hakamas over it

Does it taste different than regular green tea? I brew loose leaf green tea normally.

I tried it some time ago and I think you're being memed on, it seemed pretty bland compared to more regular green tea.

Gweentee

you're an idiot. matcha consists of the best green tea leaves, grounded up. you're drinking the actual tea leaves unlike lipton. You dumb shit.

It indeed just instant powdered tea, but it lacks the boneitis levels of fluorine content required to be Lipton tier.

it's ok

It's not instant tea, it's closer to flour made from milled up tea leaves. If it dissolves you have bought something else

has a whole different taste

And here's the weaboo

holy shit those vege smoothies look awful and I want to drink all of them. theyre so colorful. its like bitter melon all over again.

I think it is nice but just too pricey. While in Japan I bought Sencha tea which is very nice. It is of course attainable online and a lot cheaper.

i didn't like it

It's pretty good in terms of flavour with some milk. Not sure how many health benefits you get but it's better than coffee, and the caffeine releases more slowly so you don't have a crash like with coffee.

Anybody got any tips on how to make it less bitter? And I also always end up with loads of green sediment at the bottom of my cup, no matter how hard I whisk.

Is the "ceremonial grade" vs "culinary grade" a meme?

Makes a good loaf cake to go with afternoon tea

use a milk frother
regarding the bitterness, maybe another sort or colder water

ive made a matcha latte macchiato with coconut milk. tasted great but the milk foam was too thin

meme. i've still got my supply from 4 months ago and i prefer normal green tea

Why do threads about Japanese stuff get me so riled up?

Weeaboos make me so fucking mad.

Because you just know the bastard isn't engaging in it because it's good/better, but only because it's rare, or from Grorious Nippon. Everything about it is fake.

Matcha: powdered tea made from shaded leaves. Used for tea ceremony. Of varying degrees of quality, but the powdered form of gyokuro
Funmatsucha: powdered tea from non-shaded or lightly shaded leaves. The powdered near-equivalent of sencha
Konacha: itty bitty tea bits. Not powdered but more like fannings.The actual equivalent of lipton tea

Because you're an insincere person who trades on the perceived ignorance of others for your own social status, and when you see someone doing it so transparently in a setting that is fairly unrelated to your own daily experience, you see it for what it is and realize it is, and therefore you are, basically indefensible.

I hope you find a space to let Jesus into your heart, user