Burritos

So I'm sure I'm going to earn some ire here for simply entering a Chipotle, but as a Midwesterner not particularly close to any major city, I'm kind of fucked. 80% of restaurants are chains. 20% are mom-and-pop coney islands that are almost never anything special. Even when we get chains like Chipotle and SmashBurger, we get them like five years after they make waves.

Anyway, my question is a double-header: Surely many of you share my predicament. What do you guys do? Do you just accept the reality that no restaurant within 45 minutes is basically balls and just cook every night? What do you do?

My real question is this: What the fuck are people doing ordering burrito bowls? Whenever I'm in a Chipotle or even Qdoba, 9/10 people have burrito bowls. What the fuck are they doing? Do they know something I don't?

Also, nobody seems to know you're supposed to peel the foil away as you eat it. I'm pretty sure even the people who wrap them aren't aware of this. People are either making a hot-wings-level mess or resorting to knife and fork dipshittery.

>Classicimage.jpg

you get slightly more in the bowl than in a burrito proper cause the person making doesn't have to worry how am I going to wrap this tortilla. In most places you can then ask for a tortilla on the side and make your own burrito.

As for the foil, if you have any old style fillings and bite on foil you wouldn't want to risk that shit being anywhere near your mouth.

1. You fucking move somewhere worth living.

2. They don't want to touch their food, so they order it in a bowl and eat the food with a fork.

3. Who gives a shit about how/when people peel the foil? Are you autistic?

Chipotle. "Five years after they make waves" is right. Good God.

1. I'm working on it.

3. What I'm saying is, they unwrap the burrito and then fuck it up until it no longer can be eaten with anything but utensils. This doesn't make me mad, but it is a head-scratcher. It would be like disassembling a hamburger and then eating it.

And no kidding. That's the worst part of the Midwest from the perspective of being on the internet all the time. Trends roll through like three times as they catch on with less and less connected people. People are still getting haircuts where everything is shaved but the top, but now people who only go to Great Clips are getting them, and they look terrible.

Full disclosure: I regularly visit a Great Clips but my haircut is basically a crew cut.

Man the Midwest is a bummer. There is something I love about being in the heart of America, but I am ready to go. It's a would where Rainforest Cafe and $30 dollar steaks is the height of decadence. People have anniversary dinners at Texas Roadhouse.

albany, ny-er here. we're right on the cusp of midwestern, appalachian and new england/northeastern culture here. when I lived close to the city I had plenty of good places for both sit-down and takeout within a 30-45 minute drive. now I live about 1.5 hours north in a very rural, very donald trump-supporter type part of the state where people do exactly what you said here . these people will wear a suit to go to texas roadhouse or pizzaria uno because those are the nicest places within a 45 minute drive besides the resort vacation towns that only open from memorial day through labor day. it's pretty much what you described. you have to move closer to a relatively bigger city if you want good food.

I hunt a lot of rabbits and keep chickens, sheep and alpaca for my meat and buy whatever basic produce theyre selling at the store. yes, I do cook pretty much every night. even getting a decent sandwich is impossible here. it's all boar's head meat and bread you can buy at the grocery.

burritos are the most overrated food on the planet

What kind of pizza does Uno serve?

It's a watered-down Chicago deep dish. It is an okay chain.

Unos is shit, I'd rather eat at Applebees

flatbreads.

I get a burrito bowl because the tortilla alone is like 400 calories
But yeah. If you want authentic ethnic food you're fucked.
The best you can do is try to make them yourself. But if it was easy to make ethnic food, then the good places would be such gems

same. i get a bowl or salad because i prefer staying thin.

27 years later and still Chipotle shill threads

HIDE CHIPOTLE THREADS

IGNORE CHIPOTLE POSTS

DO NOT REPLY TO CHIPOTLE POSTERS

>thread about how Chipotle is a shitty chain but not that shitty and the customers are dumb

>SHILL

Get eight soft tacos instead.

>paying 3x the rent to live in a place with marginally better food

this is the one board ive been to where people get triggered about on topic threads

You're white alright, white privilege, rich, waspy, yuppie, all white.

You drove out the minorities from the cities, now are moving into the suburbs, where whites moved out from.

Now you want Mexican and Hispanic or Latino food? Stop increasing the rents and home values, it drives out the people who gave you tacos, burritos, enchiladas and so on.

Growing up I moved a few times, living in the suburbs, a small rural town and the city. By the time I was an adult I knew I had to live in a place where I had a wide choice of restaurants and groceries within walking distance of me. Just a quality of life thing. If not having that bugs you get your ass to a city - just choose one where you can find work and a neighborhood you like.

I usually get the bowls because you can get extra and my store doesn't up charge. They'll give you a tortilla if you ask. Also, i usually get chips and eat them with the bowl like nachos. I can also reheat bowl if im eating at home more easily than a burrito

I'm on break at Chipotle right now and almost threw up this quesadilla. Why do people like it so much.

is that a pokemon with a leaf bikini?

>I'm a fat suburban slob who has no idea why anyone would live in a city!!!!

Thanks for stopping by, you insulated, cultureless swine.

As someone who lives in a large mexican populated small town in central Florida. There is nothing the can make that I can't make in the same quality or better. They use lard, that's their secret.