Help Me Make a BLT

Hey friends,
So my wife told me she did some shopping for me (which was nice) and that she got stuff to make BLT's.
Which is a bummer.

I know this is eminently searchable, but can you guys recommend any hot tips for making worthwhile BLT's? Taking any suggestions from prep to cooking tips to additional ingredients. Open to anything.

Knowing my wife, we have a loaf of whatever white bread, some Roma tomatoes, lettuce, and the best bacon that comes packaged. It's nearly as good as bacon from the meat counter--but not quite. I'm willing to change the bread or tomato or something, but don't want to up-end all of the stuff she already bought.

Thanks, friends!

make your own bread and cook the bacon in the oven.

>classic image.jpg incapable of making a basic sandwich even when all the ingredients are in the name

Put a couple slice of turkey on that sumbitch

I'd love it if you read my post!

Maybe her son has some ideas?

My wife's son makes the best b.l.t. sandwich, i'll ask him for some tips next time I see him in the distant future.

Our son is two!

he should be capable of at least assembling a blt if the items are sliced for him, though he probably won't like it.

you should be able to make a fucking blt. go ahead and add some cheese and a spread to it.

cook the bacon in the oven.

and either use food service mayo, or blue plate mayonnaise. shitty mayonnaise ruins BLTs.

>add some cheese and a spread

What the fuck user? It's a BLT. All you need is a bit of mayo and it's fine.

mayo is a spread. do you really have a problem with suggesting cheese as a possibility?

Yeah but you said "cheese and a spread" which is absurd.

It's not a BLT if you add cheese. I don't think bacon and cheese go that well together anyway, both flavours are strong enough alone.

ok I should have said "cheese or a spread"

I was just listing suggestions because op wanted to know how he could improve his blt from ingredients he doesn't necessarily care for. I agree it's not a BLT with cheese, but it's not a major change. I think bacon and cheese can go together depending on the cheese and to a lesser extent the bacon.

you mean cheese and a spread is absurd in this instance, right? there are definitely sandwiches where cheese and a spread are necessary. turkey, bacon, cheese needs a spread. cheeseburgers need a spread.

Layer the bacon on a slice of bread. Cover in cheese and then add the lettuce and toms.
Fry for 5 - 6 minutes.
Vuala!

Don't worry user. I agree with you

Just ask her boyfriend, iShitter

Add grilled chicken

It's a fucking sandwich based around bacon.
You would have to be retarded to fuck it up.

And yet so many people are fucking it up by putting cheese on it.

good. I want to go to bed tonight without having to deal with the stress of telling you why youre wrong (which you aren't).

that was a different user

but yeah, cheese and spread is fine, I just think cheese is not necessary for a BLT.

otherwise it would be a BLTC or something