Non-Alcoholic Options at Bars

Cocktail bar manager here. I'm trying to come up with some interesting non-alcoholic drinks for customers who are DDing, pregnant, recovering, or just don't want to drink. A lot of time, we wouldn't have half of our customers without DDs, so I want to give them something more exciting than a diet coke or whatever.

As of right now, we make horchata and a few rotating shrubs (watermelon basil, beet peppercorn, and peach mint are the current ones).

Any suggestions? Or favorite mocktail recipes? Or am I overthinking this?

Other urls found in this thread:

barlelab.com/menu_cocktails.html#tabs1-mocktail
mrfitzpatricks.com
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Saurel/Hibiscus infusions are tasty and can make a good base for mocktails.

If you're not above steeling, here's a few links to "get inspired from"
barlelab.com/menu_cocktails.html#tabs1-mocktail

Pepsi Milk.

michelada

coca cola with sprite. mixed 50/50.

sparling watter with a wedge of lemon.

Definitely not above stealing. This stuff looks awesome, can't wait to try it out

One thing I personally dislike is how many of the non-alcoholic alternatives are sweet soda based. I'm not much for soda so it'd be nice to get some lemon based drink with none/slight sweetness.

Did you want the recipe for the hibiscus? (pic related)

Look up recipes from temperance bars, sarsaparilla and the like. If you want some stuff you can get in bulk, get some fentimans in, too. Great idea tho. I'm a non-drinker and I don't go out for this reason

I like shirley temples. I always get looked at weirdly by bartenders if they're male and girls always chuckle....but I don't want to drink and I want something tasty.

Also dirty shirleys are good, just add cherry vodka :^)

Also, when I was in Japan I often drank barley tea. It works great chilled, and considering the range of (cheap) barley available in the west it should be possible to make real interesting stuff with the concept.

>Also, when I was in Japan
>I have nevWeeaboos are easy to spot.er been to Japan.

Grapefruit soda and grenadine syrup.

I'd love it if you're willing to share

I like this idea a lot. Biggest thing mocktails are lacking is bitter flavors

here. Scale according to needs

Ingredients
4 cups of water
Cinnamon
3 Cloves
50g dried hibiscus flowers
1/2 cup sugar
ingredients

1. Pour the water in a large pot. Add the cloves and about a thumbs worth of cinnamon. Bring to a boil

2. Meanwhile, weight the flowers.

3. Add the flowers to the boiling water. Remove from heat, cover and allow to steep for several hours as the water cools (up to overnight)

4. Strain to remove the flowers and spices. Sweeten to taste.

5. Serve cold, over ice.

You could also carbonate it, making it like a mock-beer if you will.

I think making pickled lemonade would be good.

It's literally lemonade except you use pickled lemons and some of the brine. Pucker up.

How about ice cold kombucha? I always found that it has a little bit of "kick", and would be great refresher.

mrfitzpatricks.com
There was a time in the UK where a lot of bars served only non-alcoholic drinks. The last remaining one has a line of cordials

stock Jones cola

bam problem solved

Up here in Canadia they call them "Caesar"

I'm not sure how differently a Bloody Mary is made but I like them if I'm only drinking a couple.

Clamato juice
Couple dashes of Tobasco and worcestershire sauce

Maybe some celery salt and garnishes like pic relate

is this a 'go style 'za from canada?

Have a book from the 30s which contains a few , can post tomorrow when i get home

There's no mushrooms on the pizza so no not really

I went to BJs all the time for this virgin drink they had when I was pregnant, it was like a mixture of Sprite, lime juice, club soda and grenadine. I don't like really sweet drinks,so usually order mine with diet soda, but since they cut the Sprite with club soda it was nice, tart, refreshing.

in Canada our Caesars are served in bags though

Orange juice and vanilla ice cream in blender. Virgin orange push up