I'm making sushi

Rate, hate, appreciate

>No imitation crab

kill yourself/10

what in the fuck is "yum yum sauce" and why has your kitchen time traveled from 1963 to now?

Calling it now, this is gonna be ugly. But probably delicious.

Are you putting carrots in your roll? Why?

Also, for $6.25 you could have bought a roll from someone who knows what they're doing.

Calling it now, this is gonna be pretty. But probably disgusting.

just don't forget to give the fish the traditional vinegar bath

Calling it now, this is going to be slightly below what I'd do if I got black out drunk and stopped at the grocery store on the way home. But probably would eat all of it and not remember any of it in the morning.

is that avocado nig

Beautiful

Is your rice in that rice cooker still? It needs to be around room temp bruh

Are you completely blind?

Fuck sushi, marinate and sear tha beautiful tuna steak.

Leanest piece of ahi I've ever seen.

It's a spicy mayo that Martin's supermarket puts on their sushi that I like

Yeah but I'll be making plenty more rolls for the price

I'll be happy if it comes out like that

Hell ya

Well, it's not going to be pretty...

>mayo
>supermarket
>sushi
Fucking hell

Yeah it's been in there for a while

It's not so bad

no retard

Go to any buffet that serves sushi or any sushi restaurant. It is the orange sauce that gets drizzled over sushi or comes on the side in the form of a high school ketchup bottle sized dispenser.

the tuna look OK to good here, but....

not only did you cut it like a lumberjack but you didn't even bother to clean it, also, it's very low grade tune that they put dye on the exterior to make it look like sushi quality meat. I'd take that shit back and demand a refund.

looks chewy

So you rolled a sushi with hot rice? Holy fuck

>has to ask if obvious avocado is avocado
>calls others retard

Looks like you shoved an uncooked stir fry up your ass, ate too much fiber, and shit it back out.

No I took the pic a while ago because I get real excited and do all my prep far in advance, I let the rice cool before rolling.

Well, this thread made me appreciate sushi chefs more. Fucking hell, OP. I bet it still will taste really good, but you are a straight up ogre in the kitchen. I thought my presentation was fucked.

Sushi really isn't that difficult. There's just a small handful of steps where if you fuck up even one of them the end product will turn out like shit.

(Yes, OP clearly fucked up the rice at some point along the way.)

I'd eat that. When I used to roll sushi I'd end up rolling like fuckin 7 logs like that and have food for days lol.

godammit, post hands right now I bet you have sausage fingers.

Please don't bully me about my plates, I know already okay.

Any recommendations on how to do it better?

Yeah I don't need this to be professional and perfect, I just want easy custom sushi.

no bully sir this looks good, tuna seems quality and the rice seems glutinous and sticky

8/10 would soosh again

OP, you need a much sharper, longer knife. it looks like youre squashing the roll when you cut into it, your tuna looks fucking mangled, and that knife is pathetic looking.

im with you on the spicy mayo though m8 enjoy your ugly sushi

I recommend veggie rolls, you make a shit ton of rice anyways.

Imitation crab, carrot, cucumber shit like that are all cheap AS FUCK. Avacado is also a must but slightly less cheap but goes a long way. Keeps for a few days too

motherfucker....what is with all the air gaps in the roll, do you have one of those japo bamboo rolling sons of bitches to get it tight? also, sharpen your GD knives, srs'ly look at the two on the bottom...they just want to die.

Thanks everyone for all your support and advice. I'll be making more on the future. Nicer knives are important, obviously. I went into this knowing my tools were insufficient. I don't have a bamboo meme roller either. Any advice on how to do the rice perfectly? Overall this was a success and I'm happy I made it.

>just fucking jizz mayonnaise all over the ugly parts
you remind me of my ex

please eat the triangle one first, it's misery is mocking your existance.

>tasters choice instant coffee
Gross.

Ugh what the fuck is that.

Very sad. What a shame.

>you remind me of my ex

smart, talented, good taste and great knife skills?

What in the fuck did you just do to it?

What you cover it with?

Yum Yum Sauce :^)

It's good

Made another roll

Why the fuck are they so lumpy and uneaven. The rice should be a thin layer spreaded evenly, not this blotchy bullshit you've got going on.

Make the rice more even. Got it.

nice

My rolls are always irregular.

I like to think if I actually had a mat the would look less retarded

nigga, you ain't never gonna roll da blunt.

This topic is autistic as fuck, and I'm not referring to OP

>muh doing it wrong

Fuck off

that is just terrible, also there are worms in your fish because you didn't buy sushi grade. Enjoy your medical bills.

looks yummy OP
don't listen much to the other fags.. bunch of elitists in here

Sashimi grade. And serious question, does anyone in the world eat Ahi Tuna fully cooked through? Isn't a seared Ahi practically raw?

what the fuck is yum yum sauce what's wrong with you to buy that oh my god

>Go to any buffet that serves sushi or any sushi restaurant. It is the orange sauce that gets drizzled over sushi or comes on the side in the form of a high school ketchup bottle sized dispenser.
that's not a thing, thank god

no you cu/ck/ tuna is always cooked through unless you ask them not to do it, it's literally the fish that contains the most worms.

>sashimi grade
>sushi grade

I hate you dumb assholes who fall for these bullshit marketing buzzwords. There's no such thing as sushi or sashimi-grade because there is no arbritrary rating system for fish.

ALL ocean fish come frozen off the boat to kill parasites you ignorant fucks. The only difference is the "sushi grade" fish is cut and portioned and priced higher because you cretins can't be dicked to do your research

Yeah I understand that. I'm just saying that's how it was labeled, and I've had sushi from Martin's several times before without incident so I figure their fish is fine.

Looks great OP. I sliced up some salmon last week and ate it as sashimi. Shit was so cash

I think it was your thread that motivated me to make this

I've smoked hundreds of cigarettes, and I'm fine, so I assume cigarettes are fine

>eating raw fish

Nigger. What the fuck are you doing? Enjoy your parasites

We have ovens for a reason.

stuffing your face with ugly, raw,badly cleaned salmon alone, in front of your pc
gollum would be proud
also enjoy your fishaids

Nice kimbap retard

I made vegetable sushi this time, same thing just no tuna. The one on the bottom got smashed when I try to cut with my full knives. I'm getting sharper knives soon.

no american cheese/10

apply yourself

>cut up avocado
>roll it in rice
>call it sushi
>drink a liter of mayonnaise sauce with it

what a faggot

This what you do all day?

OP you need a sharper knife and to fold your rolls tighter. Everything looks edible though.

>carrots
>avocado
>improperly cooked rice
>looks like a mangled mess
>no pickled ginger
>dipping in mayo instead of swiping through soy sauce

0/10, would not eat

while waiting for my non shit meal to finish cooking its fun to watch weebs drink yum-yum sauce on veggie wraps

So your life is so devoid of value that you have to go berate weebs on a Malaysian shadow puppet website?

>sushi
>soy sauce
Plebeian. Get a passport.

>there is more to life than berating weebs

Literally all of Japan is laughing at you right now, bro.

There is no greater joy

Cool. I've never made sushi rolls but next time I'm thinking of making nigiri

>avocado on sushi
gtfo california