Do we all agree that dark chocolate is a meme and that milk chocolate is superior because it actually tastes good?

Do we all agree that dark chocolate is a meme and that milk chocolate is superior because it actually tastes good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hfrWPtjVuWU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No, grow up

Are 12 or a fat, middle aged housewife?

Good chocolate > Shitty Chocolate
Doesn't matter how dark or milky a chocolate is, if it' shit quality chocolate, it's shit, period

A lot of people with poor understanding of chocolate have incorrect ideas about whether dark is better than milk, based on their limited exposure to high quality chocolate

Protip: if your idea of good chocolate is lindt, your opinions are automatically invalid

/thread

Absolutely not.

Name some good chocolate brands that are available in America so I can expand my chocolatey horizon.

hersheys is the best chocolate.

/thread.

Valhrona, Callebaut, and Guittard are all pretty dependable, reasonably priced, and widespread

Just start with those and then you can try fancier stuff later

Remember that a major "boutique" brand used remelted Valhrona for years and no one caught on

I have zero control when it comes to candy so I buy dark chocolate because I can only eat like three pieces max before it's just too fucking disgusting.

my go to

Milk Chocolate leaves your breath smelly though. Probably from all the cane sugar added

>gourmet chocolate
you are being scammed, a $200 chocolate bar only costs slightly more to make than a vomit inducing hershey

What's wrong with lindt? It rates a solid above average in my book.

>flavors of acidic dirt and rusty nails
No thanks

Milk "chocolate" is really chocolate-flavoured confection, not real chocolate.

You don't have to buy a 200 dollar chocolate bar

who /rittersport/ here?

>Valhrona

Its shit, just plain shit.

Do we all agree that American chocolate is a meme and that Euopean chocolate is superior because it actually tastes good?

You're probably trying to chew it rather than letting it melt in your mouth and savoring the chocolatey goodness.

The chili is fucking disgusting.

Other way around. Dark choco is god tier. Milk choco need not apply.

Can we all agree that (thing I don't like) is a meme?
great thread OP
I suppose people that like things that you don't are also only pretending in order to look cool or some other literally autistic rationalisation like that?

why bother buying and eating sweets you disgust?

While I'm sure they're available /somewhere/ in Ameriland, I'd like to know if triple layer chocolate is common. It's my favourite.
Thin layer of dark. Thin layer of milk. Thin layer of white.
So. Fucking. Good.
So, then. Is triple layer chocolate common in the US? Like... could I walk into most American supermarkets and pick up a mass-manufactured bar of triple layer or no?

Nice answer!!!. (My sides...)

I've never seen it here

>rittersport
my nigga

Had a mix of dark and milk but nothing with all three.

Only when you admit that the rest of euro cuisine sucks

who /whittakers/ here?

Never seen those in stores, but if I did, would buy.

But the cut pieces are smaller.
The search continues for the secret of infinite chocolate.

Mein neger.

Cornflakes is based

Everybody has heard of it and it's easy to find in any supermarket.

Milk chocolate in itself is alright.
Most milk chocolates are disgustingly sugary tough.
While it's harder to fuck up dark chocolate, there are different qualities.
The best milk chocolate is lower in cocoa butter so that it isn't a melting mess and only slightly higher in sugar than ~60% dark chocolate.

Chocolate with hazelnut fillings > *

fuck yeah thank you new zealand life

Those things are almost too pretty to eat.

Hahaha. No.

And somewhat this

Ghiradelli isn't really meant for snacking but its pretty fucking good semi-sweet. I use it for all my baking because its price to flavor ratio is pretty high and you can find it everywhere.

Fuck you chocolate hipsters and your shitty imported French garbage thats overpriced to hell.

>Fuck you chocolate hipsters and your shitty imported French garbage thats overpriced to hell.
What if we're not from a third world shithole though?

Then you are paying normal prices for mediocre chocolate. The French aren't even great at chocolate they are just autistic as fuck and people mistake it for skill.

Lmao@you while eating menier for dessert and poulain for snacks

I think its the other way around

I used to think Ghirardelli was good, back when I thought Toberlone was fancy

What a naive child you are

Your friend in the fridge.

love it.

i put the fruit-based ones in the fridge when its hot.

Quadratisch,Praktisch,Gut.

I can agree with you, OP.
Then again, according to this thread, I've never had good chocolate.

>Romanian friend regularly gets chocolate sent to him by his family
>usually Belgian or Romanian chocolate
>gives me some whenever I go over to his place
>best chocolate I've ever had in my life
>he says it's relatively cheap to buy over there, but mailing it is the real pain
>tfw no one to buy me European chocolate
It hurts to live, fampai. I can't go back to eating filthy American shit. Hershey's makes my throat feel coarse and American Dairy Milk is a meme.

couverture chocolate > all other

I've never had hershey's (I'm french) is it that bad?
My standart for bad chocolate is milka (too sweet) how does it compares?

Hershey's has a key chemical that gives vomit its distinctive flavor added, this isn't a joke, I am actually being serious

It became traditional back in the days when American mass manufacturing tech had surpassed American supply chain tech, so rotten milk was an expected component of chocolate bars. For many flyover scum, rotten milk garbage chocolate was the first and best chocolate they had ever had. Needless to say, if this were to have been changed, mass armed revolt would have ensued. So it stayed that way, forever. Because being a regular normal guy and being grateful for the garbage fed to you by a megacorp is the Real American Way, and seeking out improvements is treacherous Aaron Burr Osama Bin Laden pure evil.

You can look this up on your own if you don't believe me. I don't expect you to.

cadbury > milka > dogshit > Hershey

I did look it up because that sounded impossible but it seems you're right.
I'm speechless.

almost

Marabou chocolate is best chocolate.

You are probably just eating dark chocolate wrong
Buy some good, bit more expensive stuff
Take a block, put in your mouth and just let it melt instead of chewing on the chocolate like a filthy plebeian
I like both but pretty much every time people have told me they don't like dark chocolate is because they don't fucking know how to properly enjoy it

Ah, the good old "if it's famous, it's shit" reasoning

The mantra of Veeky Forums.

seen it a thousand times
/v/ is particularly bad

can't he just mail it with like $5 of dry ice?

best brand, gute Wahl

Stop samefagging and go and watch your Transformer, you pleb fuck.

Yeah, he could but I feel awkward asking a friend for candy that his family sends him.

I'm glad you admit it.

You must feel really small having lost so hard.

>Americans trying to talk about being cultured
>Americans trying to pretend they understand chocolate
>Americans pretending they know what good chocolate is
>Americans going to home-chocolatier basement conventions to try out the latest craft-chocolate made by nu-males in the local basement micro-chocolateries.

>Americans going to home-chocolatier basement conventions to try out the latest craft-chocolate made by nu-males in the local basement micro-chocolateries.
Goddamn, this isn't real is it? Surely no one is pretentious enough to go to a craft-chocolate convention.

This isn't even a good illusion, you can clearly see the leftmost piece magically get longer as it slides upwards.

It's probably not as bad as the memes say, but I'm Murrican so it's familiar to me. I doubt you'd enjoy it because their milk chocolate is very sweet, and yes, it does have a sour taste unlike any other chocolate I know. Probably an acquired taste.

>LINDT IS BAD
>why
>IT'S POPULAR

Just because two people think a certain type of chocolate tastes similar doesn't mean they're the same person.

It's on par with any mass produced European chocolate

I like dark chocolate but what does chocolate preference have to do with age? Maybe YOU need to grow up....

I imagine it's the fact that youngsters are often preoccupied with the changes in their palates as they pertain to perception of bitter flavors

You see this with beer and coffee threads too, a child in his late teens or early 20s who can't stfu about how he totally never enjoys sweet flavors now that he's a real grown-up

It has more to do with the fact that OP calls something he doesn't like "a meme" and something he does like "actually tastes good". Pretty childish.

i like to drink whiskey and eat dark chocolate and chew unflavored tobacco. the reason is, my personality is lackluster and i have no invested interest, hobbies, or refined skills, so i use consumables as an augmentation to my persona in order that i not be a completely hollow, uninteresting husk. this allows for me to maintain a desultory feeling of superiority over others; my waning self-awareness may actually allow for me to believe i am better than them as a result of my more niche taste in consumables with sincerity.

garbage ingredients

this

Is it just me or have they massively changed the ingredients in UK chocolate in the past 2-3 years.
Yorkies and Double Deckers taste comparatively shitty now and are a waste of calories

>drink whiskey and eat dark chocolate and chew unflavored tobacco
>hobbies

????????

The real deal is fantastic, but there are a few cheap knockoffs on the market.

Good candy, mediocre chocolate.

They have such a high fat content it's like eating wax. The real deal is so good when it melts

Quint quints!

When will the "I eat bitter food therefore I am an adult" meme die off?

Let me guess you also prefer your coffee black?

You mean the Mast Brothers? There's an entire blog post that rants on about them being frauds.

you guys arent eating chocolate

this is chocolate

"milk" and "dark" are not reality thats a additional flavoring

also your chocolate has been heated and processed to make it shit

Nigga, HATING dark chocolate is a meme at this point

Better than any

dark chocolate is the chocolate equivalent to grape flavored medicine. I'll only eat that shit if there's no other candy available.

fuck your dark chocolate.

[spoiler]I actually like hershey's[/spoiler]

>this is chocolate
lol @ this pleb

"natural" in that context just means not dutched (alkalai processed), it's still fermented and roasted. also with such shit-tier chocolate, you're quite a bit better off if it's dutched, just about the only thing worse would be hersheys brand "raw cacao"

fyi, this is what chocolate looks like

>not making your own chocolate

youtube.com/watch?v=hfrWPtjVuWU

don't call other people kids if you don't make your own chocolate.

fucking kids.

>electric stove
stopped watching, sorry I just can't take anyone seriously if they have an electric stove

There's nothing wrong with lindt you stupid fucking contrarian faggot, jesus christ.

I am one of the people you're generalizing.
You are mostly wrong but still, very impressed by your post.
I award it one out of one conceited smirks.

Replace tobacco with tea by the way.