How do I eat avocado, Veeky Forums?

How do I eat avocado, Veeky Forums?

put it in your mouth and chew

I wasn't a fan until I had avocado toast.

Just avocado on toast (I use the healthy multigrain wheat shit, I don't know if it would be as good with white bread as the textures of the added grains and seeds and shit really interact well imo) with liberally applied salt and pepper. Maybe turmeric and cayenne if you're feeling frisky.

On toast with salt
On a hamburger or sandwich with whatever else
On salad with celery, onion and lettuce
On hotdogs, mashed

That sounds decent. I haven't really found a way that I like yet, but I might try that.

also an over medium fried egg on top.

yes.

Try it and report back with findings, please! If you want to of course.

Make avocado "sushi" rolls. Good if you have it with julienne sliced raw carrots and sliced cucumber.

Avocado is also good on burgers and in salads.

on a bagel with some creme cheese and lox

Forgot to mention that the rolls in that pic have a bit too much rice for my tastes. Better with a higher ratio of avocado/carrot/cucumber. And they don't need to be inside-out like that either.

It's nice to have the rice seasoned with rice vinegar like pic related, but not necessary.

Take out the pit, scoop the green stuff out with a spoon then mash it up with a teaspoon of mayo.

with a spoon

I wound up slicing it up, and just ate it by itself with salt pepper and cayenne. Was pretty disappointing desu. Might go good with bacon though.

Remove pit, tab of butter in pit hole. Microwave 20 sec enjoy

With Chia seeds, coconut and salt

requesting avocado hand knife picture

Avocados are a meme for tasteless hipsters and women.

I open it up, throw in some butter, heat it up in the oven for about 10 minutes and then drop some rock salt on it. Too good!

mix with refried beans and salsa

With a spoon, m8

Sliced avacado+
Crackers+
Sriracha and honey sauce

Isn't the rice vinegared by default in sushi?

This. I like sprouted wheat bread, which may be a California/west coast thing(is it, Veeky Forums?) An egg over easy and some hot sauce makes it a nice weekday breakfast. Add a banana and a cup of coffee and I'm usually set until my mid morning snack.

Throw some 'dos on your goz'

It's incredibly versatile. I had it twice today - mashed with lime and salt on toast for breakfast, and then I added it to pesto for dinner. You can also make it into a base for desserts.

Lime juice, salt, pepper. Super bomb

Generally yes. But if you're just making some vegetable rolls for yourself at home and can't find any good sushi vinegar, it can still be good without it. Just make sure the rice is near room temperature and not hot.

salt. not too much.

the best avocado is right on the edge of rotten. properly ripe avocado is impossible not to like.

>which may be a California/west coast thing(is it, Veeky Forums?
well, I buy it at Sprouts in Alabama. The frozen kind.

My father grabs a spoon and eats it just like that.

Cut it in half. Pop the seed out, and put salsa in the center and start spooning out the salsa and avocado.

Mush it up and mix in some salt, pepper and lemon or lime juice. Put it on a turkey, bacon and tomato sandwich. Avocado complements all parts of this sandwich well. I like to use 9 grain bread. Other anons have pointed out hearty breads complement the flavor well too.

California roll

What is the appeal of avocado anyway? Ever since I first tried avocado, I absolutely hate it. I think it's fucking disgusting. Anything with even a little avocado mixed in, I'm reluctant to eat. So you avocado lovers out there, can you explain why it is so good to you?

It's good in sushi.

They're buttery and very yummy.

wait until its ripe.So when its nice and soft.

Then just spoon it out and eat it.

oh i forgot to add, i sometimes put it into a bowl and add a bit of honey and cinnamon then mix it up and eat the paste.

Cut in half, remove the pit, fill the hole with balsamic vinaigrette and eat with a spoon. Fuckin delicious