Where did this "coffee + butter is sooo good" meme came from? did you try it?

where did this "coffee + butter is sooo good" meme came from? did you try it?

i have to admit that i did. i drinked a couple of times coffee plus butter, no sugar. tasted like crap, what did i expect.

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110401085604.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think you have to blendthebutter into rhe coffee. Ive never tried it, but i imagine that you otherwise end up with a bunch of butter completely separated from the coffee.

Yeah, you blend in the butter and it turns frothy.

Blending is necessary, if you add xanthan gum when blending it'll stay mixed longer. Gotta use good butter too (I use kerrygold, not the best but better). I preffer half butter half coconut oil with a lil salt.

I've never tried it. It came from bored epicureans in the first world who have too much free time and not a lot of creativity.
>butter good
>coffee good too
>ooga booga, me put butter in coffee and start new trend

Either that or some culture somewhere has been doing it for like forever and it's just catching on elsewhere. What civilization has had both coffee and cows for like forever?

With the "bulletproof coffee" fad. Some guy said his special brand of coffee mixed with butter was like an elixir. You'd never have a caffeine crash, it gave you lots of energy, it made you smarter!

It's not much different from adding heavy cream. Most cultures that add butter to their coffee or tea do it out of necessity, they turn dairy into butter for long-term storage.

Some guy just found a gimmick and exploited it.

>What civilization has had both coffee and cows for like forever?
Ethiopia I think, and butter tea is popular in Tibet.

Comes from people dipping buttered toasts in coffee.
It's not spectacular but it's something. Some people like (even if it's beyond me how thoses people don't prefer icream).

From people who are used to using powder or """""creamer""""" in their coffee rather than good ol' half & half. Compared to that garbage I am sure butter tastes amazing.

Just use h&h if you want a high fat content or heavy cream if want it really rich.

You guys are all ignorant faggots.
I will break this down for you.
People like cream in coffee
People ALSO like whipped cream in coffee (wither without sugar.)
You know what happens to whipped cream if you continue whipping it??
It motherfucking turns into butter.
So if you're not a complete pleb, and you're out of cream, or whipped the cream too long, and you need something to put in your coffee you realize that butter is almost literally the same exact fucking thing.

that butter looks awfully white is it ewe butter?

Mocking people for experimenting. You must have one of the most steadfastly pedestrian minds out there.

Do people really like cream and/or whipped cream in coffee? I'm pretty sure only Americans do.

totes

But butter is salted.

>american thing

It originated in 'go, like all worthwhile dishes.

Some butter is salted, but if you look literally next to that you'll see an amazing fucking thing called- wait for it- UNSALTED BUTTER!

It's pretty good. Rich and nutty. I've never blended it, just stirred it in real well. I do it when I feel like I'm going to need some extra energy

it's not butter then
t. breton

>he thinks someone recently thought this up

People in Ethiopia and Tibet have been adding butter to their tea for generations. This isn't some new crazy meme, unless you consider generations of people doing it a meme as well.

The trademarked bulletproof coffee is supposed to use kerrygold butter (because it's made from grass fed cows) and a special triglyceride oil that's supposed to boost brain function, apparently. He's not saying you can add coconut oil and shitty butter to folgers coffee and be a superman. You gotta buy into it, which is retarded.

basically the same concept as the faggots who put whipped cream all over their coffee i guess...

both are shit

Salt content is not what makes butter you dumbass.

I prefer a cube of sharp cheddar in my coffee

Standard butter is just going to add fat and maybe some salt, not really any different from adding cream and a pinch of salt to cut the bitterness. I've done it a few times, it's an interesting change from drinking it black or with a bit of whiskey on cold days but nothing to write home about. Proper bulletproof coffee uses special butter and oil that are supposed to give coffee crazy health benefits, so it's probably bullshit.

Its activated almonds kind of a thing.

I tried it once but I didn't do it correctly, I just let it melt and it stayed at the top. It made my lips greasy and I had to wash my face again. It didn't taste good at all.
It wasn't a good experience.

Hipsters

sciencedaily.com/releases/2011/04/110401085604.htm
lel

Sain?!?

>wither without

This.

I had some butter coffee a couple weeks ago for the first time on a trip back from camping in the mountains, and it was amazing. I've had it a couple times more since then. It's not a type of coffee I'd drink every day, but when you need a bracing, sustaining cup of coffee, it's perfect, and it tastes great as well (because, hey, it's buttery, amirite?)

This as well. Butter tea and butter coffee are particularly popular and have been around forever in places like Tibet, Mongolia, and other countries where the people need everything they eat or drink to be sustaining and energizing. It's not a "new" thing, it's just that us first world fucks don't normally need that kind of extra nutrition.

meme food

eating butter does not give you amazing brain function, coffee or no coffee

taste is fine, but i prefer cream

Butter in hot water with brown sugar and rum makes a great nightcap drink desu senpai

cause keto

This.

WE

You mean hot buttered rum?

unless there's supposed to be some special interaction between the butterfat and the coffee itself, i think it's idiotic to do it for the supposed health benefits when you could just have your coffee with some or no milk and have some butter on your toast or fry an egg in it or something.

if you actually like it, that's fine. i can see why people would like to blend butterfat in their coffee to enrich it and temper the bitterness. but people have been doing that in the form of milk and cream for a long time and i would imagine that it can't really beat a cappuccino in terms of foamy creaminess. however cultured butters do have a specific flavour that might complement some coffees i guess.

the bulletproof guy is the hugest fucking charlatan regardless.

I heard about it on that morning show with the dog guy on the bus a few months back. From what I gather, it's a new fad to help people lose weight by doing nothing.

>they are made from the same ingredient so they must have the same composition

Not butter, but add a level tablespoon of coconut oil and an egg yolk and whisk it together. The egg yolk emulsifies the coconut oil into the coffee, giving it a milky color with a much smoother texture, and removing any hint of bitterness. It's one of those things I'd have on a late Sunday morning when I don't want breakfast or lunch but dinner is a long way off yet.

>wither without sugar

the fuck is it then.

holy fuck did Ethopia actually have cows? i know fuck all about african culture but i'm laffing so hard, if dindus had cows they should have advanced so much faster than they did

jesus h christ, many cultures had subfreezing temperatures for entire seasons yet managed to survive and become renowned cultures. africans confirmed retarded

The Ethiopians were pretty well off compared to the rest of the African continent.

>were
Ethiopia has a great deal of agriculture in the inhabited parts, the issue is that it tends to be local and subsistence based rather than market based. As a result, when there's a bad harvest, the sophisticated supply chain and supermarket system that Europe or the US would use, can't step in and keep everyone fed.

It would be like if all the food eaten by LA had to come from the imperial valley.