Countries that have had no contribution to food

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamington
auxancienscanadiens.qc.ca/menu-carte2.htm
chezboulay.com/menus/dinner/?lang=en
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Say that top my face you giant puff

Go' style kangaroo m8

Australia hasn't contributed to anything. Not food, not literature, not music, not science...

It's like a wasteland.

That's cute. I'm not even yuropeen, I'm american.

>europe
>a country
wew

Did you use wifi to post that? Because if so, I've got some bad news for you...

>take decades-old British fast food classic of chips, cheese, and gravy
>change single element
>objectively making the dish worse, losing melted, browned cheese and replacing with rubbery, squeaky curds
>OH MY GOD GREATEST FAST FOOD EVER CANADA STRONK POUTINE IS THE BEST O CANADA WE STAND ON GUARD FOR THEE

Poutine is not a bad dish, just a mediocre one. Even that would be fine, since its still good drunk food. What marks Canada out is that this is what they choose to be proud of. Despite one of the best natural larders in the world - fishing in two oceans, endless expanses of game, good farmland, even decent viticulture - Canadians choose to celebrate, as the iconic dish of Canadian cuisine, cribbed British fast food.

>fishing in two oceans
Three. Three oceans user.

But most of what you say is true. Canada just hasn't developed a cuisine yet and I doubt we ever will.

Sure, there are traditional peasant dishes from yesteryear and those make for good comfort food, but there is no signature Canadian flavour.

I say we should make seal the base of a New Canadian Cuisine.

It's bread... with sprinkles.
10/10 cuisine Australia, you sure showed us.

Music, a little (The Birthday Party, Tame Impala).
Film, tons (Mad Max, Stone, Razorback, The Year of Living Dangerously, Mad Dog Morgan, Wake in Fright, Dead-End Drive Inn, etc).

American, not butthurt Auz

I made ANZAC cookies. They were pretty decent. Meat pies were good when I was living over there and picture fucking related. Greatest rolls I ever had

If you want to trash talk Australia, I'm all for it, but take it to where it truly hurts: /tv/ and /mu/.

>Meat pies

I hate to break it to you, but in both concept and execution the """""Australian"""" meat pie is a British dish.

Have you got a source for that? All evidence points toward it being an Australian invention.

>Have you got a source for that? All evidence points toward it being an Australian invention.
Are you retarded?

Never said they made it, I think they perfected them by putting stuff in it that wasn't toast or whole burnt fish.

Lamingtons:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lamington
-Lord Lamington himself did not like lamingtons, referring to them as "those bloody poofy woolly biscuits"

Truly the national dish.

Are you?

I'm not the one saying Australia invented or even perfected meat pies.

So I will ask you again, are you retarded? Because they did neither of those two things.

What about the bloomin' onion?

Er, what? Pies were cooked in England from the Middle Ages onwards, and meat has been used as filling from the earliest days. Meat was actually used before sweet fillings.

I honestly can't comprehend how you would think that for seven hundred years the Britons would stare at pastry and only get the idea to put meat and gravy in it after being transported to Terra Australis and killing an Aborigine or two.

Is this a joke?

I might be slightly retarded but not when it comes to meat pies.

poutine is just fries, cheese and gravy. I say that as someone living in montreal. good actual canadian cuisine would be deer with juniper and squash or something. lobster, scallops, trout, moose, etc etc etc.

this is a touristy "traditional canadian" restaurant in quebec city.

auxancienscanadiens.qc.ca/menu-carte2.htm

this is a bit more upmarket serving again, local cuisine

chezboulay.com/menus/dinner/?lang=en

USA

inb4 apple pie

apple pie is a dutch invention

>what are anzac biscuits
>what are lamingtons
>what is pavlova
>vegemite
>weetbix
>macadamia nuts
>beetroot+egg on a burger
>cherry ripe bars
>chiko rolls
>timtams
>various native fruits, animals, etc
Yep, we've got nothing.

sounds like a list of black inventions

There may have been many things that somewhat resembled a pie is you were 50 feet away from it but the idea of putting meat whether it be steak or mince and then gravy into a pastry vessel is an Australian idea.

Sounds like jealousy.

The only two meat pie things that I'm sure were Australian are putting tomato sauce on top, and floating one in a bowl of pea soup. I blam Adelaide for that second one.

>There may have been many things that somewhat resembled a pie is you were 50 feet away from it but the idea of putting meat whether it be steak or mince and then gravy into a pastry vessel is an Australian idea
>The ancestors of the microbrained petty criminals the crown put on the island of Australia are just as dumb as those that came before them.

Pottery

holy shit lol
Are you trying to make Australia look bad?

True. The world looks upon vegemite with abject envy.

Europe wishes it could be a country. Maybe one day the US will let it.

I knew it

Meat pies very similar to the ones eaten today were popular in northern Europe about 250 years before the exploration of Australia.
Cut the crap.

Sorry dude, AU is actually doing pretty well on the list of invented technology and even better on the one for medical breakthroughs

Heh you'd have to be Aussie to understand that post was about that nostalgic feeling we all have towards fairy bread.

Simpler days :')