Why are there so many Houstonfags on Veeky Forums?

Why are there so many Houstonfags on Veeky Forums?

Also chef Killen is based

Other urls found in this thread:

kingsbiergarten.com/home
reddit.com/r/houston/comments/4n516m/rhoustons_global_reddit_meetup_day_megapost_june/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause motherfuckers like to eat

>downtown gets flooded on a regular basis

And nothing of value was lost.

I'm not sure. I grew up in Kingwood and even the nice parts of town are mostly dominated by chain restaurants. Since moving to a tourist town a couple states over, I couldn't believe how many unique food options were available and how literally every place in town is great.are being missed out on. It probably has something to do with Houston being the modern day Babel. The place is almost entirely comprised of chain shit. Fuck that cesspool.

Austinfag reporting. There seems to be a lot of us here too.

Any Round Rock cu/ck/s wanna get together, eat some fast food and maybe touch peens?

>tfw I live in suburbia

all the good restaurants are in fucking montrose

I'll be passing through there on the 9th, just give me a location.

This

Just God trying to drown the New Orleans niggers that FEMA relocated.

We should all hang out eventually

at the Flying Saucer or something

Fucking this. Westheimer road past the beltway is littered with niggers now. I wonder how those Royal Oaks neighbohood faggots are doing now.

This. How does mid-late June sound?

>flying saucer instead of Kings Biergarten

My sides

Always found this surprising as well, and yes, Killen is indeed based.

well I won't be in the country then

how about like early august

Gonna take a moment to shill for the Biergarten

kingsbiergarten.com/home

>pearland

fuck that

It has been my impression that this is a Chicagofag board, and that you are not a Houstonfag, but just a fag.

Whats wrong with nigger free white suburbs?

Let's go to The Deck on Fountainview and get crawfish!!!!!

H-Houston meetup?

>grew up in suburbs
>"Everything is chainshit"

Imagine that. Shame you missed out on the variety Houston actually has.

Being the 4th largest city in the US and sprawled like a motherfucker, there is a lot of chainshit though.

heck yeah

we gotta agree on a place though

>Any Round Rock cu/ck/s wanna get together, eat some fast food
Might be cool
>and maybe touch peens?
ya lost me there.

Pville represent

Recently moved from Pflugerville/Round Rock to North West Austin - around 183 and 45. Any joints y'all would want to recommend?

I still laugh at when they were put in the dome and crime went up... and then the Mexican gangs started killing the fuck out of them.

I know Houston's a city, but it just doesn't feel like one. IMO, if I need a car to get anywhere because everything is too far apart to hoof it, it just ain't a city.
Unpopular opinion, especially to a Texan, but I like NY, Chicago and Philadelphia more than Houston.
If we could transplant all Texans to NY and force NYers to live on rafts in the Hudson, that'd be great.

Why not just meet at a brewery like Saint Arnold's sometime since they have nice long tables and if people are weird you can just lose yourself in the shuffle.

>Saint Arnold's

Hipster spotted

That being said a new microbrewery just opened near me and its pretty good and popular.

If you're into Sichuan chinese food, Asia Cafe is just down 183. Sichuan Garden in Round Rock is good too. Can't recommend A + A Sichuan China though because I went thwre once and there were roaches and bugs EVERYWHERE.

RC Fowlers at 620 & Lake Creek is a total shithole dive bar, but their wings are just as good, if not better than Pluckers. Bone-in wings are half price all day Monday and Tuesday and boneless are half price on Wed. The rest of their menu sucks but drinks are cheap. And they deliver.

Also in that same shopping center is Noble Sandwich Co. that I hear is really good but have never been.

A little further down 620 is Saccone's pizza. Pizzas are really good, but expensive. They have hot sandwiches, stromboli, etc for lunch that is more reasonably priced than the pizza.

Not very close to your location (Parmer & Mopac) is Sushi Junai 2, if you are a sushi lover. They do all-you-can-eat for $30 and the quality of the fish is not bad at all in my experience. Pic related.

If you want recommendations for what to order at any of those places I'll be happy to suggest things. Also interested to know if you've been to any of them amd what your experience was

>Sushi Junai 2

What happened to the first one?

The other one is downtown. Not too smart, are ya?

Hipster? Isn't that too mainstream for them? It's in a centralized location and has AC/seating, unlike most other Houston breweries. That's really the reason why. That and Karbach is fucking expensive and their restaurant blows dick. Texian, No Label, Buffalo Bayou, etc all don't have good seating or are way out of the way. I mean fuck, Texian is currently affected by the flooding anyways. 8th Wonder may as well be an overcrowded bar.

Bakfish

I need to try them now. But do you not have a fucking car or something? Pearland is shoved to one corner of the city. Be a bit more mindful of everybody else.

Nigga theres god tier non chain Mexican and Tex Mex places literally everywhere.

Not to mention seafood since we're on the fucking gulf. Montrose is for faggots and hipsters, don't tell me you think shit like Empire cafe is good.

Go a little farther north and it's even worse, I saw The Sword at Fitzgeralds and it was just hipster cafes and food trucks to pick from.

I do but its 2 minutes driving distance and I'm lazy.

Recent Dallas transplant here. I don't suppose any of you know the city well enough to tell me where I should be going for the good stuff? I'd love to find a quiet bar I could read at.

>Houston
>being populated with Texans

Jaj, I have bad news for you, buddy. I do agree though; everything is so fucking far apart, it makes walking anywhere impossible and NYC is better in this reguard.

Compared to Colorado, it's still fucking shit.

I'll have to add, I did eat at the Vietnamese place in the shopping center connected to the HEB and it was GOAT. I don't remember what roads it was by but I think it's somewhere near Richmond ave. My dad took me there when I was 15. Now there's a fucking Pei Wei across from it that my family and I went to a couple years ago. Not that there's anything wrong with Pei Wei but they fucking went there when there's was a fucking legitimately superior place across the fucking parking lot. Got I hate my faggot family.

The post said he'd like to see New York populated with Texans. Houston's already got Texans. And others, sure, but there's a bunch of Texans, too.

I also enjoy that but I haven't found a bar yet that isn't 'DUDE FOOTBALL'. Maybe a high end restaurant with a bar would be your best bet.

My previous experiences have generally been pretty good if I could find a place that had a lot of craft beer or was mostly a wine bar, but Texas has a lot less of that culture than the far North, from what I've seen.

Bear Creek area checking in.

the only thing I don't like about houston it that there is no long table bar to chill drink beer and talk to randoms untill you are all drunk and friends. Bunch of small groups thinking they are too good to have a fucking convo. the snobbery is real.

voting for an event at the Backstreet café.

>Bunch of small groups thinking they are too good for you
It's the same way in most places. It might as well be high school again since everyone has their faggot cliques with the bartender included sometimes.

I'm in Central Austin but go up to Round Rock to teach after school/ summer tech camp in public schools pretty frequently.

All suburbs just remind me of growing up in suburbia. It's kinda nostalgic. Sometimes I stop inside a Super Target to grab a drink on the way.

I don't like Mexican and Tex-Mex though

>4th largest city in murrica
>american imageboard

Best sushi restaurant in corpus checking in. Born here. Not from here. Like the spot.

Jamal please

Nobi public house maybe? Hipster but lots of beer and good banh mi

Are you seriously implying there is any city in Colorado that has nearly as much variety as Houston? Nigga what.

Having to drive to get everywhere does blow, don't get me wrong.

It's not the driving that sucks really. The city is just too fucking huge and the traffic is always shit. I can get to Galveston in like 35 minutes but if I want to drive to the heights or something it'll take me about an hour.

>grew up
So your parents took you to cheap shit
>suburbs
Oh so you lived close to houston but not in houston.

Houston has the best asian food in the country if you know where to live look. Also premium soul food. Both will take you into ghettos.

Killens is primo. I go there every time i am heading south but not going to galveston. Galveston itself has some great food.

The best mexican chain is ruchi's. I used to get beer at 4 am at my favorite ruchi's.

I love houston. The weather is so horrible that people would need a reason to live here. And a huge part of that is food.

>Houston has the best asian food in the country if you know where to live look

enlighten us, user

I've lived in Houston and Colorado Springs. Houston blows, and Boulder blows it out of the water as a place to live or visit.

Not that user, but this would be a good place to start

There is a part of houston on the sw side that is asian ghetto. The street sines are in vietnameses. You can get asian counter food until 4 in the morning. And truly great asian food during the day. There are khat bars and indian food and mongolian. This area is down 59 close to the belt (8).

Also the best fried chicken i have ever eaten is frenchies. The original frenchies. The one up the block from the uh stadium.

I went to houston for a physics scholarship. 15 years ago. And i love the place.

My bad

No, downtown has almost no good asian spots. There is an asian bar near uh downtown that is acceptable. The large buiding cafaterias are better. If you can get into the boa cafeteria it is great.

okay there are a million restaurants there, how do I know which ones are good?

Also nikoniko is a great greek food place. It is now getting to damn hot to eat at the downtown park but for 10 bucks i love walking to the nikoniko stand

Try them

I don't know maybe you could
>pick a restaurant
>go eat
>if it's good go back
>if it's not good don't go back (and blast them on yelp)

At least that's what I usually do. One of my favorites that I found using this highly sophisticated method is Sichuan Bistro. They have a cold appetizer that I have wet dreams about called crispy spicy beltfish. Pic related

thanks for the help user

maybe I'll go down there tomorrow

Sorry, it's Mala Sichuan Bistro. I also recommend the water boiled fish, a Sichuan staple

Always happy to help a fellow user. Hope you enjoy it!

Nikoniko is good but highly overrated. I've been a couple times when it was jam packed and it just isn't worth it

Baby lamb shank with fries is my shit

I'm down

t. DUDE

Pho Binh Trailer is pretty good

Fat Bao
Giacomo's Cibo e Vino
Mala Sichuan Bistro
Oxheart
Pax Americana
Pondicheri
Killen's Barbecue

Those are some of the best restaurants in Houston. Also Pax is fine dining but you can spend $50 total if youre smart about it

>Killens bbq

I'm not getting up at 10 to go wait in line for an hour and a half

>go to take out the trash
>it's literally crawling with hundreds of maggots

Hahaha, fuck Houston.

Haha

>I wonder how those Royal Oaks neighbohood faggots are doing now.

Royal oaks has at least three inner circle suburbs within in, it would take some advanced apes to get into there.

I suggest Tan Tan and Fu Fu. Both are pretty damn good for the price. Bring some friends and go to fucking town.

So are we gonna do a meetup or what

no homo

I don't know senpai. Last time I met some /a/nons they told me I was a faggot and gave me some (you) cards.

I vote for Nobi public house in webster.

They have nice scallop dishes.

Can we meet on the same day of the Reddit mega-meetup? It's June 25th at Memorial Park from 3 PM until 7 PM

reddit.com/r/houston/comments/4n516m/rhoustons_global_reddit_meetup_day_megapost_june/

>meeting up with literal cucks and black apologists

Please tell me you're baiting.

The spicy ketchup should be called "white people spicy ketchup" so the rest of us know it's not spicy.

WE
WUZ
KANGS
OF
SPICY
FOODS

No it should be called shit because it doesn't taste like their ketchup at all. I thought it would taste like the regular ketchup but spicier, instead it's a different sauce entirely. Now everytime I get ketchup I have to say regular

another ausfag reporting

Ex Houstonian here, I lived in Memetrose.

We don't have to hang out with them. We can just have our meet up date at the same date and time.

So how does June 25 sound to everyone?