Whatever happened to Boston Market? I never see them anymore, it used to be the greatest place to eat...

Whatever happened to Boston Market? I never see them anymore, it used to be the greatest place to eat....the mac and cheese was the best ever and so was the corn bread

places that cater to the gay community are frowned upon and public unrest leads to the rapid closures.

Grocery store does better rotisserie for half the cost. Mac & cheese is watery shit. Meatloaf is bland. Turkey tastes like meat flavored mush.

Still, the potatoes and cornbread are acceptable.

people figured out chinese takeout on holidays is less depressing and tastier than buying poorly cooked holiday appropriate meals

That and you could buy your Thanksgiving dinner for one at Whole Foods in the mid-afternoon without anyone giving you any weird looks.

Wait it's a fast food place? I assumed it was literally a low budget market, like 7-11 with less cigarettes.

I pass one on my way home from work every day.

Places like Pollo Tropical cater to the same comfort food but for the increasingly larger Hispanic population in America. Older white people who remember Boston Market now go to Walmart and buy frozen Thanksgiving dinners. Younger white people who don't remember go to places like Pollo Tropical for "authenticity" and novelty.

Well I guess that makes you stupid AND fay.

I saw frozen thanksgiving meals at whole foods last year, and they were the saddest things ever. Thin ( almost deli thin) slices of turkey, the greens ( string beans I think) were tiny, there wasn't any cornbread, and the crumble somehow got mixed in with the mashed potato. Awful, awful sight.

IMO an enterprising peroan could make and sell better frozen holiday meals.

Get that mac and cornbread brah and some nice meat of your choice with the mashed potatoes shits delish

It used to be called Boston Chicken, then they changed it to Market. Plain and simple I feel like the quality declined.

The cornbread, mac and cheese, creamed spinach, mashed potatoes, and gravy all have turned into the byproduct of "get it out there fast" and it just doesn't taste good. The gravy suffered. It used to be better but now its way worse. The mashed potatoes used to be amazing but not anymore. The cornbread feels like they are microwaved frozen.

And the worst offender to me is that the chicken could be amazing but its always coming out rubbery and undercooked.

I'm from Miami Beach and used to eat at locations in various parts and I can attest that the quality does differ based off whos actually running the store. One location was better than another but in a whole I lost a lot of faith in the resturants and always concerned if theres going to be a shit experience or a better one.

I would focus on putting quality back into the product and rebuild the base that they completely lost. No gimmicks, just focus on making the food amazing. They can, but they cut corners somewhere and if they go back to what made them come up from the beginning they could maybe get back into the lime light.

I got dragged there once by a middle aged coworker, it was only homeless junkies in there. Friendly homeless junkies, but homeless junkies nonetheless.

There is a reason why there's a newer wave of "slightly better than chipotle" fast food chains that are just a little too expensive for dirtbags and have just a little bit uncomfortably "hip" decor to make the shut-ins feel excluded. It makes people like that not want to go there and charged $0.75 extra for some side order, so that decent middle class people can have a cheap and fast lunch without having to smell the stink of the true underclass who will literally start a food riot if the unlimited vending machine refills are taken away.

Their food tasted like shit.
Literally everything on their menu I ever had made me feel sick as a kid, and I would eat almost anything.
Bizarre because it looked so good.

Even the smell was disgusting.

This is what white flight looks like to a target market.

I don't know why, but the corn there was CRACK. Everything else was average

I eat there every once in a while to remain grounded and to remind me of my station in life.

They are still in the New England area. Honestly I kind of like the food. The creamed spinach & mac & cheese is great.
wut?

I only ate at Boston Market once. The food was so bland it was inedible. Everyone I was with ranged from disappointed to disgusted, and most of us ended up throwing our food away and going somewhere else.

>whatever happened to Boston Market

Well, I saw no reason to go back. I can't have been the only one.

we have boston market in albany, ny.

they were also on Undercover Boss.

FPBP

holy shit totally forgot it was called that. Place was the shit when i was a kid

Oh I haven't seen those. I've see the single Thanksgiving dinners at the deli.

>go to boston market on thanksgiving cause no family and they're open
>try to open door
>sorry user we're closed
>store hours said they were open another four hours

yeah fuck this place the boston marathon bomber and aqua teen hunger force should have blown this place up.