Ok im trying to lose weight. Every night I drink a 40oz of steel reserve which is 8.1% alcohol...

Ok im trying to lose weight. Every night I drink a 40oz of steel reserve which is 8.1% alcohol. and a 24oz of Milwaukee best ice which is 5.9% Alcohol. Im going to switch to vodka and water

How many shots of vodka will give me the same feeling from what I drink now?

Liquor is more calorically dense than beer. More alcohol = more calories.

Cut it out like you'd cut out soda.

are you asking how much vodka you need to consume the same amount of alcohol?

can you seriously not do the math yourself?

this isn't cooking. this is retreading the ground ostensibly laid by primary fucking education.

Yes thats what Im asking, and no I cant

Vodka will hit harder faster, technically like 6 or 7 shots but spread it out or you'll get blackout quick

If he's drinking an amount just to get as drunk vodka will have fewer calories than beer and malt liquor.

>Liquor is more calorically dense than beer. More alcohol = more calories.

for every unit of ALCOHOL in beer there are more calories than in vodka.

ok fine.

in your steel reserve there are about 96ml of vodka. that's equivalent to roughly 4 shots.

in your milwaukee best ice there is roughly 47ml of vodka, which is roughly 2 shots.

put them together and you get 143ml of vodka or roughly 6 shots.

thanks!

I know there's no standard for how much is in a shot of liquor, but it sounds like you're drinking out of a thimble.

here in the uk 25ml is a standard shot. i guess if this guy's from america he could potentially be looking at around 40 ml shots. if you're reading this, OP, that would mean you actually want to be drinking three and a half shots, not six.

This is not good user. I run a business and drink vodka over beer for obvious reasons. I'm pretty sure i have an ulcer between stress and hard alcohol. I've quit temporarily but I have terrible dreams and have bad anxiety. Don't go down this road. If you think you're stronger than that fine but I didn't think it would end up this way. In either case it won't help your cause but I really don't know how to cope. In that sense it's no better than hard drugs.

Stop drinking. If you really need to get high while losing weight just get a prescription for amphetamines.

Maybe consider cutting back and not getting blasted every night. Maybe that will free up some time for you to learn rudimentary math that you should have mastered by the age of 10

We had commercials here in canada that rougly said one shot of spirits was equal to one beer or one glass of red wine

They teach that in DWI classes and highschool health classes here in the states

what sick fucking school did you go too where they taught you alcohol tolerance levels at age 10?

Read the thread, you fucking retard.

It was a joke, easy man >>r/9/k is that way

>it was just pretend to be an absolute moron

Dont make the switch to spirits bro, you`ll just get worse and worse.

I used to drink 4 beers a night, now I put away 750ml whiskey every night

>blacking out from 6 or 7 shots
Are you 12?

Vodka is lower calorie for the same amount of alcohol. Beer is loaded with extra carbs compared to liquor, that's why we have the phrase "beer gut" and not "whiskey gut".

OP, you are by far the most stupid person I've ever seen on Veeky Forums. How does somebody reach adulthood without being able to figure out such basic math?

>trying to lose weight
>drinks alcohol
>at night

pls

>I'll take 40 shots please

>night
>having any relevance on digestion
nice meme from 1980

fellow dietfag here. taking it slow though. I gave up breakfast in order to have a big glass of red wine every night instead.

down 8kg in four months by doing no more than 1000 calories from food (no carbs) + the aforementioned wine monday to friday then a normal weekend with bacon, eggs, pasta, cheese and a couple of bottle of wine.

if you have a job losing weight is easy. just restrict yourself during the week then let loose at the weekend.

man i lost a buttloaf of flubber by eatin nothin but beans and rice and suckin down a fifth of ratgut votka a nite, mainly just dont drink no soda pop or sugery crap, but anyway im off the hootch now and getting flubbier oh well who cares lmao :D

do 6-7 shots in a row and see what happens.

40 oz x 8.1% = 3.24 oz of alcohol
24 oz x 5.9% = 1.42 oz of alcohol
so that is a total of 4.66 oz of alcohol in the beer
if you drink 80 proof vodka (40% alcohol), you'd need to drink 11.65 oz to get to 4.66 oz of alcohol
HOWEVER, with the beer, you're obviously getting a lot more water while you drink, which counters some of the effects of the alcohol, so you'd probably end up more drunk/dehydrated if you drank the 11.65oz of vodka without drinking a lot of water at the same time.

I've seen plenty of people do 18 in a row on their 18th birthdays. And sure they got pretty fucking drunk but they didn't black out. I've never heard of people blacking out from 6-7 shots, even when they were right after each other.

i can't believe when i did my calculations earlier i forgot that vodka isn't pure alcohol. what a dingus

beer gets you more drunk the liquor because of the carbination

why would carbonation get you more drunk?

Moderation is key friend. Moralfags and Veeky Forumsizens will tel you to cut it out entirely, but what you should do is reduce your drinking to 2-3 nights a week, and down to no more than 3 beers worth of alcohol a sitting. Then up your exercise and eat better. This way you both stay in good health and enjoy your lifestyle.

Alcohol concentration and carbonation of drinks: the effect on blood alcohol levels.
Roberts C1, Robinson SP.
Author information
Abstract

Alcohol absorption and elimination vary considerably amongst individuals, and are subject to influences from a variety of factors. The effects of alcohol concentration and beverage mixer type on the rate of alcohol absorption, in a controlled environment was studied. 21 subjects (12 male, 9 female) consumed a solution containing alcohol, on three separate occasions. The three solutions were, A: Neat vodka (37.5 vol%), B: Vodka mixed with still water (18.75 vol%), C: Vodka mixed with carbonated water (18.75 vol%). The volume of alcohol each subject consumed was determined by Widmark's equation. The alcohol was drunk in a 5 min period following an overnight fast and breath alcohol concentrations were measured over a 4h period using a breathalyser. 20/21 subjects absorbed the dilute alcohol at a faster rate than the concentrated alcohol. The difference between the absorption rates was found to be significant (p

Interesting.

beer gut is from hormones in beer not just because it has more calories

Christ its you again. You have the worst fucking taste in beer ever. And you could save money, consume less calories, and not have to drink a damn shit tier beer like MB if you just bought cheap vodka.

Do you have no shame sir? Who willingly admits to drinking this garbage?

just under 3 shots for 80proof vodka. around 6 for 40 proof.

enjoy having low testosterone. quit drinking you fucking drunk

why not change alcohol to coffee? No calories and it's a stimulant instead of a depressant

>I've seen plenty of people do 18 in a row on their 18th birthdays. And sure they got pretty fucking drunk but they didn't black out. I've never heard of people blacking out from 6-7 shots, even when they were right after each other.
This is horrible logic. You simply need education dude, and should stop posting things someone gullible might take seriously. I feel sorry for the stupidity of your friends too.

You would most likely vomit and then feel fine.

Educate me then.

18 shots of what?

Certainly nothing hard.

Not him, but taking 18 shots in a row is basically the equivalent of drinking a fifth straight. As an old time drinker, your high school friends that told you they did this are liars.

If they drank 18 shots thoghout the night, that is perfectly acceptable.

I have no shame, you should know this.

well you should do 3 things

1 being taper off of alcohol until you barely drink any and just fucking quit

2 being drink lots of water to suppress your appetite

3 goto Veeky Forums you fat fuck