Rice Cooker

I got a new rice cooker a week ago and was wondering if anyone knew of any other good uses with it. I've seen people use it for steaming stuff but I was wondering what else is good with it.

Other urls found in this thread:

food.com/recipe/rice-cooker-chocolate-cake-395536
youtube.com/watch?v=KPkS-HC4ats
youtube.com/watch?v=OxUCcLOarE0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

One button, temperature controlled rice cookers and ones that use fuzzy logic have completely different strengths and weaknesses when it comes to doing stuff beyond rice.

I love my rice cooker! Not only does it make perfect rice every time, but I can make sauces, pastas, and literally anything else I desire!

>He fell for the $300 jew machine trick

You people are fucking sad, any pot can do a better job than your rice memer

>using a toaster when you can just use the broiler in your oven
White '''''people''''' are weird

Can it have my rice ready exactly when I get home from work?

Yes

I just ask mommy-wommy to start prepping it for me when I get off "work" (aka shitposting on Veeky Forums)

It's just like a real automated japanese rice cooker except mommy-wommy does it for good boy points

>falling for the store bought pot and stove top meme

why when you can make your own clay pot and cook rice over an open fire?

you can make those rediculous pancakes that are regularly posted here. the thick as a shit after a 20 oz steak ones that sometimes have shopped faces on them.

>paying for a rice cooker instead of befriending asians and getting their shitty hand-me-downs

A rice cooker is the worst kind of unitasker. There is very little you can do with it besides cooking rice. I don't understand it. Cooking rice takes, what, 5 minutes of labour? You rinse the rice, put it in water on the stove and do something else for 20 minutes (or however long the type of rice your cooking takes)...

>befriending asians

You're very wrong, but even if you weren't it wouldn't matter. The problem with unitaskers is that they take up space for something you don't do very often. I cook with rice at least 3 times a week, and having the machine to do it easily for me is hugely convenient. Do you complain about your toaster, too?

>implying I have a toaster

Coffee maker then. I suppose you only have a french press?

don't argue with idiots like that
I eat rice at basically every meal and I love my rice cooker for specifically what you mention, it cooks rice exceptionally well and reliably while I work on my main and other side dishes

>implying I have a coffee maker

I have a hardline stance on NO UNITASKERS

I am not a faggot

Water boiler? Or do you just throw that in a pot on the stove too?

Here's some things you can do with a rice cooker that you're not supposed to:

You can bake bread in it. You have to nurse the fucker by flipping it a few times throughout the long process but it makes a fine loaf of bread.

You can pour some fluids into it and throw in a medium to low quality steak and it will cook your steak for you all the way through. Pretty fast too.

Rice cookers are relatively nice things but ultimately they're not worth much in utility.

Yes. What kind of faggot needs a water boiler?

I am not a gay man

food.com/recipe/rice-cooker-chocolate-cake-395536

youtube.com/watch?v=KPkS-HC4ats
youtube.com/watch?v=OxUCcLOarE0

Well, I laughed really hard at a Japanese variety show. I guess my transformation to 日本人 is complete.