Holy shit this is 3 threads in a row. Help me Veeky Forums...

Holy shit this is 3 threads in a row. Help me Veeky Forums. I'd like to give my girlfriend some white chocolate truffles. Does anyone here do shit like that? I made a ganache once before (Made chocolate ganache tarts, it was gr8), but I saw this pbs.org/food/fresh-tastes/white-chocolate-truffles/ and it mentions no chocolate stabilizers. Does anyone have a better recipe or something? Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

cookingforengineers.com/article/155/Tempering-Chocolate
candy.about.com/od/whitechocolatetruffles/r/Banana-Split-Truffles.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Just get some regular truffles and jizz on them. Wa la!

Why not just put some gelatin in the ganache if you want them to hold shape while warm?

Ah yes, wa la!

Do you think it's worth it? I mean does gelatin do anything to the structure of chocolate?

so you want your gf to get fat?

Get her some fruit instead. strawberries, starfruit, I dunno, peaches. whatever.

Assuming they won't need to be left out, just temper your white chocolate and make your damn truffles. White chocolate banana ones are fucking good. They taste exactly like banana pudding

Cover the ganache in tempered white chocolate.

cookingforengineers.com/article/155/Tempering-Chocolate

Looked up a couple recipes online, but they call for chopped hazelnuts/almonds or shredded coconut to (what I assume) keep the truffles together. I have a recipe for chocolate truffles in a cookbook, but it calls for 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa. I'm not sure what can be substituted for the cocoa to make it strictly white chocolate, but I can dump the recipe if you want.

Have you never made truffles before? You can literally just cover ganache with tempered chocolate and call it a day.

I haven't, actually. I just looked at the recipes I found online and OP's recipe and the difference between them was that OP's didn't have anything 'physical' (for lack of a better word) while the other ones did.

No, it forms a matrix with the water from the cream.

PS. the following advice is only relevant to people as retarded as me, dissolve the gelatin in either the cream or the mixed ganache ... don't put it in the molten chocolate before adding the cream.

My gf is already fat.

Dump lad. I was actually thinking of covering them in cocoa powder.
Gf tried to make me chocolate once. she used jello powder to make "Strawberry chocolate". you already know how that went

Here you go. Decided to piece the two pictures together, so it looks a bit weird.

These are chocolate, what do you think I'd have to do for white chocolate? Or should I just toss it and go for these bad boys.

candy.about.com/od/whitechocolatetruffles/r/Banana-Split-Truffles.htm

Follow this shit, except sub real white chocolate for their chips/coating. Use a guide and temper the chocolate. The bits like cocoa powder, nuts, coconut are totally optional. You can leave out the banana as well, but I recommend either putting something like dark chocolate over the white chocolate ganache or adding the banana. White chocolate on it's own is super fucking sweet/rich.

I mean shit. You want to do white chocolate, go for it. There's a recipe. Follow directions for tempering chocolate and just do it. Unless you burn the chocolate or seize the tempering chocolate by fucking that up, it'll go fine. They are pretty damn easy with a thermometer.

also
>50 truffles

my weight

I've made ganache before so I'm not too worried about burning, but shit, tempering? I'm quite unfamiliar with that. Isn't it creating multiple structures of sugar crystals?

It's literally heating chocolate to a certain temperature to yes, align the structure so that it remains solid for higher temperatures and has a bit of a snap. If you have a decent thermometer it's really easy.

I never made truffles before, so I can be wrong. To make it white chocolate, you could replace the semisweet with white chocolate, add less sugar, and omit adding the cocoa powder to the melted chocolate mixture, but I'm not sure if the sugar and rum will overpower the taste of white chocolate. Maybe making it fruit-flavored, like raspberry? You could split the recipe in half and add small fruit chunks, pureed fruit, or extract to one half (not too much, only a little). Otherwise, you could/should do what says, he seems like he knows what he's doing.

If you have the time, try making half white chocolate and half regular chocolate.

I don't, nigga. I'll probably pick shit up this weekend. I'll post it on Veeky Forums when I get to it.

It's this Saturday and I'm going shopping Friday.

You can do it without one, but you gotta be a bit more careful about it. I'd just get one so you can have confidence.

Brings up a good point though. What I like to do is make two batches of ganache, one white and one semi-sweet. Then I put about a third in just a traditional dark cocoa powder, a third with a dark chocolate coating, and a third with white chocolate. It gives variety and isn't that much more work since you'll have the cream/be doing shit anyways. A melon baller helps for uniform shape, and you can even do shit like coat some and then use the other kind of chocolate to drizzle a pattern on. I will warn you, though. You're going to have flat-bottomed truffles unless you have special ways to dry them so they don't sit flat. It's not a big deal. Everybody fucking loves them so...

>implying i own the machinery from Lindt lindor factories

Don't worry nigga flat bottoms are for white girls and white chocolate.

Save yourself the effort and get a nicely wrapped box at See's

Should I get some 'go 'za as well?

In that case, try halving the recipe of the regular chocolate or doing all white, doing what suggested. You should be able to get a melon baller at any supermarket or kitchen supply, it's used for scooping melon flesh into small balls. If you can't get a baller, get a small ice cream scoop instead.

So no hands?

You can use hands, but like the other user said, a baller helps with uniform pieces. As long as the pieces don't wildly vary in shape and size, using your hands should be perfectly fine.

Roger roger. I'm a bit tight on cash but I think I'll get by.

You can use a teaspoon and roll them a bit with your hands, but you'll have to make sure to keep your ganache cold so your hands don't melt them. Keep the bowl in an ice bath if you're gonna use your hands.

Jumping back to this, do you think rum would go well with the white chocolate? I'm not experienced in cooking with the dank waters.

Never tried rum in white chocolate. I don't think it needs it personally. Rum seems like it'd go best with darker chocolates that have a bit of bitterness.

Roger roger. I had to ask my buddy who hosts parties for a tablespoon. I never go, I don't drink.

Da fuck? You don't keep tea or tablespoons in your house? They aren't just for mixing drinks.

No, I mean a tablespoon of rum. Who the hell doesn't have a spoon on hand?