Hard cider

I decided to make two gallons of hard cider.
about how much yeast should I use and how long to leave it ferment for an alcohol content of 5-6%?

Other urls found in this thread:

midwestsupplies.com/media/pdf-printouts/Cider.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=cSnoUQ7ZujY
burgerbeast.com/frita/
dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1185622/WARNING-ISIS-execute-young-man-bazuca.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Heat some cider to about 100F. Put a small amount of yeast in said cider. Let it sit for half an hour. Pour the mixture into the rest of the cider. Insert the airlock.

Yeast is a living thing. It grows.

buy a pack of Champagne yeast at a brew supply

half the pack? should do

Based on the outfits and the manner of execution, this is more likely to be people captured by Daesh.

That's really hot though

>adding yeast to alcohol

For what purpose?

Why are you asking here instead of in the home brewing thread on /diy/?

Is this the British version of chip autism?

>he doesn't wear mortar shell-based jewelry

Try being Veeky Forums for once in your life, pleb

>hard cider
midwestsupplies.com/media/pdf-printouts/Cider.pdf

When I've made it in the past I only used a 5 gram packet of wine yeast and a teaspoon of yeast nutrient.

Ec-1118 was the yeast I used, from memory.

Thumbnail looks like their dicks are out and ready for action.

It's hard to put in too much yeast. The more active cells make it in, the quicker and healthier fermentation will be, for the most part. That said, one 5g yeast packet will be plenty. Or even half a packet will do for 2 gallons, as long as the yeast isn't super old.

You leave it to ferment until it stops, and the ABV depends on how much sugar you put in. Unless you've got some plans to pasteurize it to halt fermentation early or something.

that depends on what kind of yeast you are using...

i'd snag a vial of champagne or a neutral ale yeast (wlp 001 works) from your local homebrew store. pitch the whole vial even though it might say its for 5 gallons.

source: I brew beer for a living

also get a hydrometer and a airlock from the homebrew shop too all you gotta do is screw off the lid, make a hole big enough for the grommet and place in the airlock

What am I supposed to do with this? Was recently gifted three of these as a birthday present.

>OK OK where do they get these suits for their prisoners and soldiers?????

youtube.com/watch?v=cSnoUQ7ZujY

Fry up a third of it until dark red, pour in three whisked eggs. Heat tortillas and make burritos

Fry it up and scramble eggs into it. Make a breakfast burrito.

It's great with eggs.
You can also use it for Street tacos.

My favorite sausage 2bh

So it's cider then? Why not just call it cider, why prefix it with hard?

in America we differentiate filtered apple juice and non-filtered apple juice with the terms "apple juice" and "apple cider." hard cider designates that the apple cider has been fermented. we use the word hard to describe a lot of things we normally drink without alcohol that have been either fermented or spiked. for example, a watermelon that has been imbued with rum or brandy is called a hard melon.

fair warning, that particular kind of chorizo is really, -really- greasy so you may need to drain it a little before adding the eggs but yeah otherwise what the other anons said

Before prohibition, "cider" used to refer to the alcoholic beverage and "soft cider" or "sweet cider" used to refer to its non-alcoholic counterpart (essentially an unfiltered apple juice, often mulled with spices and served hot during the holidays) but during and after prohibition hard cider all but vanished from America so "cider" came to mean the non-alcoholic beverage in common parlance and as such alcoholic cider is now known as "hard" cider.

We'd probably still use the same terms as the rest of the Anglosphere if it hadn't been for prohibition.

100 degrees F won't kill yeast. I've brewed dozens of gallons of cider using the method I typed out.

But if you do put in too much yeast prepare for your fermentation vessel to overflow. To prevent blowouts, replace the airlock by a length of food grade tube you lead into a mason jar filled with sanitation solution.

>What am I supposed to do with this? Was recently gifted three of these as a birthday present.
Mix 30/70 or 50/50 with ground beef.
Make cuban frita burgers.
burgerbeast.com/frita/

Most people can buy cuban bread mocked up at their bakeries from time to time. It won't be traditional, but what you want is a soft interior and thin cracker shell like crust for the best bun. I like a frita with a couple platanos maduros inside the bun.

>100 degrees F won't kill yeast.

You will rat a fast ferment but you will create by products at this temperature (fusel alcohols) that might give you a nasty headache

We're talking about 4-6oz of cider to get the yeast out of bed and doing their job for 30-60 minutes at the most. You're not keeping the entire 2 gallons at 100 degrees for 2 weeks.

yes, IE: Infidels. Are you retarded?

Infidels, video here.

desu I'd take this over being drowned in a cage, burned alive, dissolved in nitric acid, head blown off with fireworks, or really any other edgy execution method IS has dreamed up.

dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1185622/WARNING-ISIS-execute-young-man-bazuca.html

forgot link

I'd be down desu