Chili

I'm hungover as fuck. I'm going to attempt combining all of pic related into a huge pot of chili.

Yes, this chili has beans. There's always some sperg on Veeky Forums who freaks out over beans in chili. Beans in chili is traditional.

I've always wondered why ground beef comes in logs in America. Why is that?

Everywhere else I've seen it for sale it's in normal packaging with a clear lid so you can look at it before you buy it.

My heads going to fucking explode so I'll keep the steps short. Brown two lbs of ground beef over medium heat. I like to season my meat a little bit with pic related.

Drain the meat completely and add in your chopped garlic, onion, and peppers. Celery is acceptable too but I didn't have any so fuck it. Stir fairly constantly to make sure meat doesn't stick and burn from bottom. Onions will start becoming clear in about 8 min

Forgot pic due to retardation

Add your dry spices. From greatest to least amount, starting with a few tablespoons: chili powder, paprika, cumin, chipotle, and adjust the amount of cayenne powder depending to your tastes.

i always add 'eans to my 'li.

After you stir in your dry spices, time to add your wet ingredients: beef base, Worcestershire, and red sofrito. We're going to Flavortown!

That's not really the norm. I buy the plastic-wrapped stuff from the grocery butcher because it's generally more trustworthy. But if you know your grocery has shit meat then I guess you get the tube.

This is what we are working with so far. I added some 365-brand green chile purée as well. We are about to hit it with our beer and reduce it into our base.

Glug glug glug... 48 oz of cheap beer into the pot.

Doh. I'm drinking the third one.

Bring to a bubble over medium. We are going to reduce the alcohol out.

Once the foamy bubbles subside its sign that the alcohol has cooked out. We are on our way gentlemen.

>Drain the meat completely

God, i hate this normie shit. The flavor is in the grease; AND, since you are using beans, that is plenty of fiber to pad your digestive tract to handle it

Add your pic related (I also added some tomato paste and a squirt of ketchup, yeah whatever) and bring back to a bubble.

Here's our chili base, looking pretty good.

Add in your beans. I am using beans I have soaked the night previous: red (kidney), pinto, navy, and black beans.

Using canned beans is totally acceptable in my book as well.

Keep cooking em on low with the lid on.

Listen here you cocksucker, you better take your god damn drunk/hungover self to the keyboard and respodn to my fucking comment!

Welp that's all I got for a few hrs, the beans need to cook. Anyone like chili?

Chili doesn't have beans you moron

I just drain it because it's healthier, I didn't use lean beef this time. If it's over 10% fat, I tend to drain it. It's up to you though.

There he is.

>because it's healthier

REEEEEEEEEEEEEe

You are a fucking alcoholic who is killing yourself with booze.....but you drain a little bit of grease because its healthy.....fucking kill yourself.

Judging by the time and you being hungover, you must be an Aussie....which explains the autism

>damn him for being correct

Chill out fatty. I like to have a cocktail, you like to drink liquid fat. Neither is healthy in excess.

>you must be an Aussie
>winn dixie, 365, walmart

He obviously lives in the south. Probably cajun south.

Looks solid. I just made it the exact same way almost except for a dash of Balsamic Vinegar as no wine or beer and tinned beans.

>I like to have a cocktail

takes about 10 to get a hangover

it's the stuff made in a factory that's combined with pink slime. the texture is really revolting and noticeably different, once you squeeze it out.

Good job user. Very perceptive and smart.

Usually that tube means Walmart imo.

This chili's flavor is amazing and spicy. Sucks that the beans are going to have to cook for a few more hours. Starving.

What's up with the catalog

>Beans in chili is traditional.
That's a good way to get murdered in Texas. Serves you right too.

Chili w/ beans is a meal

Chili w/o beans is a hot dog topping

How long would you say it takes to make this?

Looks like a nice comfy meal that you can keep eating for a few days. Also I've never really cooked with beer. How does this effect the flavor? Do you use PBR for any particular reason or is it just what you had on hand?

>Chili w/o beans is a hot dog topping

Exactly, I don't understand hoe people eat Chili straight w/o beans; how are you supposed to cut all of the vinegar and cream?

that and these cartons of spices literally say "deep south" on them

Chili is awesome. I'm going to freeze a ton of this. If you use canned beans this can be ready in 3 or so hrs, dry beans like me might take me most of the day. I use PBR because it's cheap, and yes, using beer as your liquid really improves the flavor. Also make sure you use the sofrito, worchestershire, and beef base. It adds a ton of dimension and flavor.

I love your threads, bro

>and yes, using beer as your liquid really improves the flavor

oh boy, this retarded fucking meme again....fucking drunk

>vinegar and cream

Fine, use water. No shits will be given.

My threads? Which threads?

Btw for those keeping track.. I used dry beans for this recipe and I finished cooking 4 hrs ago. Still cooking.

Sick trips checked

That's fuggin gross. I'm glad it's not even for sale where I live.

>grease; AND
>; AND

I don't think you should be in charge of the semi-colon committee.

That's not even true

There is barely any flavour in the liquid grease from ground beef. Only the seared fat, which is stuck to the meat and pan, needs to go into the chili.
You would know this if you had ever drained the grease and tasted it.

I wish you were right though, so that tallow fried chips (fries) could taste like steak.

do yourself a favor and pour that pbr shit down the drain and go get a nice stout.