Tasting menu at PAKTA in Barcelona

Tasting menu at PAKTA in Barcelona

This restaurant serves Japanese - Peruvian cuisine so it's very heavy on the seafood

The first course, squid with ponzu, white asparagus, yuzu onigiri, stuffed causa, smoked bonito

Shiitake tofu with mushrooms in escabeche sauce

Mega mushroomy and very jiggly

Oysters with aji amarillo

The oysters were very meaty and briny which went perfectly with the spicy sauce

White asparagus with nikkei kimizu

white asparagus twice on the same menu?

still monitoring this thread.. keep posting

Tiny tuna belly temaki with shichimi

The textures of all the dishes were incredible as well as the flavours. The nori used here was freshly toasted and crisp as an ice cream cone

Sea snails with sweet potato and pumpkin leche de tigre

Surprisingly inoffensive despite the intimidating appearance

I suppose it's in season. They reused some ingredients, I think they used pine oil (green drops) here and there
Sweet potato, peppers and corn were popular too

Sardine tiradito with aji amarillo and daikon

Less fishy than I expected, the sardines were quite sweet

Shimesaba nigiri with a chive flower

Scallop nigiri with its coral

Gonna post the rest later brb

oh hey borneo what's up

what's the price of wine like in spain, I hear its real cheap

>tfw you thought borneo might have finally given up after the shitfest that was Veeky Forums challenge 2016 and she shows up in full force with some live action high end food posting

that screams lazy to me.. especially on a tasting menu.

these look fun, though

i don't wanna hijack your thread, but i did the tasting menu at a place called altura in seattle a few weeks ago by myself after i had gotten off work early. james beard award winning chef, regarded as one of the best restaurants in town if you're interested in sharing a thread for tasting menu shit

Came for the Camino de Santiago but got sidetracked desu

Food here is much cheaper than in England for sure but I haven't had the wine. I love getting three course meals for 10 euro and gorging on jamon and frutas

You should take a weekend EasyJet trip to Porto or Lisbon. Portuguese prices seem like third world prices, even compared to Spain, and the food is amazing.

think of building that thing, the towers, back when it was built. i wonder how many people fell and died.

Sea bass ceviche with almond leche de tigre

The almond was an unusual but excellent pairing

Giving up is for soft cunts, I was merely busy with my final year uni project

I feel like they just really really like those flavours so I don't blame them. I'll check out your thread!

I've got a friend with a villa in Portugal, I've definitely thought about it but I just don't have time

King crab maki with yuzu sauce and potato cream

Creamiest thing I've ever bitten into

I loved anor londo in Dark Souls, was stoked to find out the design was based on a real place. Too bad it's crazy crowded else I'd have loved to look inside it

>Borneo be mah waifu

sorry, somebody had to say it. not actually interested in waifu. carry on, good thread OP

Eel with umeboshi and green shiso

Basically unagi with a hint of wasabi

Nobody died except from old age, also it's still under construction

dude i was thinking the same thing..

stone masons were badass. look at how intricate the spires are and the complexity of the facade. all done with raw manpower.

Beef xiao long bao

This seemed a bit out of place but was tasty

Thank you

Look up Antoni Gaudi, the buildings he designed are so fantastical and eerily beautiful

Seeing them randomly around the city is really surreal

Roast aubergine with sesame cream and katsuoboshi

The aubergines were blackened on the outside which gave them a strong smoky flavour

I hope they have a hamburger on the menu for the kids

if you brought your family here I'd pull out a gun and shoot you

A5 wagyu, this shit was fucking magical

You know that nugget of tender fat in the middle of a ribeye? This stuff is exactly like that, beefy soft butter

Look at that marbling I want to make love to it with my mouth

The wagyu came with these adorable pickles

Yuba with cream and elderberry honey

Sweet and creamy

Chocolate sorbet with coffee meringue

all this food looks fucking amazing btw, keep it up

Sweet potato doughnuts with dried fig honey

Sweet potatos are great basically

Strawberry cream mochi

Simple, but perfectly done. Tangy sweet and soft, perfect end to a perfect meal

I got a purple corn soft drink but forgot to take a pic

It tasted as good as it looked!

Three hours of delicious eating for 160 euro, money well spent

Thanks for reading and hope you all enjoyed this thread!

I love you, Borneo, but got yelled at because of you, and accused of drunkenly ordering random snacks when I received a package of pistachio-matcha-white chocolate, dried fish snacks, and pork mystery meat, because those are honestly all things that I would drunkenly order in the middle of the night.

can you please take your fat azn ass eleswhere with these shit threads?

Aha, how did you find them? I went to three different stores to pick those out

The dried fish snacks were great, as were the bbq pork strip things. The coconut hard candies were surprisingly good - I'd call them coconut flavored Werther's, which is a hard candy primarily marketed to old people in the States.

I was really looking forward to the chocolate, but the white chocolate really overpowered both the matcha and pistachios. The broad beans were a little bland (even just more salt would have helped), but I'd never had them dried like that, so it was interesting.

Overall a great selection, which could have seen myself picking out.

I really just stopped caring about comments and was barely reading the thread after a certain point, but when I did you were pretty much the only one who had anything nice to say, and getting that package really made it feel worth it, despite all the negativity. So, thank you.

Great work, as usual. And thanks!

Thanks a lot OP for sharing these experiences with us. Quality thread.

Glad to hear you liked it! Its a shame about all the trolls this year, it's best to ignore them since they just crave attention

This all seems so incredibly rich and heavy tho. I feel like a few dishes that didn't explicitly involve fat as a major structural component would have been nice