What's your favorite thing you own in your kitchen?

What's your favorite thing you own in your kitchen?

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/bhp/calphalon-commercial
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>What's your favorite thing you own in your kitchen?

your mom

/thread
Pack it up. Nothing to see here.

Red peppers.

Butcher knife, I just love to swig the thing

The garlic liquefies in the pan.

sounds like a good system!

Cast iron skilled bros

why do you feel the need to samefag?

Panini press

My G2, followed by my carbon steel skillet, followed by my $5 Amco measuring spoons (they're fucking amazing), followed by my Martha Stewart silicon ice cube trays, followed by my ceramic honing rod, followed by my unicorn pepper grinder, followed by my enameled cast iron dutch oven, followed by... Fuck, I have a lot of shit that I like.

My fridge. Even though only half of what I purchase at the store is perishable, it's nice to have a place to fit all of it.

Wooden spoons

I never got the wood meme. When you're washing it, doesn't the wood absorb some of the water? And it'll just keep doing that, load after load, becoming disgusting?
I use metal or plastic because I don't want dirty wood in my drawer touching my clean dishes.

It only adds more flavor.

Also you should be washing your shit as soon as you're done using it. Letting wood sit out, or even worse, letting it soak, is terrible. Nothing compares to the versatility of a wooden spoon.

The only thing I have is a wood handled spatula, the spatula itself is metal. Any amount of water is going to start fucking with it.
>more flavor
gross. i never eat at peoples places when I know they used wooden spoons or something. people are dirty.

it´s really unsanitary. there´s a reason why it´s forbidden to use wooden tools (except for the handle) in any commercial kitchen (at least in my country)

Also a small tea strainer about the size of a large egg. Takes the hassle out of putting bay leaves, spices, etc. in things like rice.

after having electric stoves for most of my life, moving into my own place with a gas range was a fucking joy

why?

bruh... Have you tried cooking on an electric

>2.5 mm
>stainless steel lined
full pleb

It's okay user. I know thy pain.

Bob Kramer
Mijabi
Shun

I'm jealous

I guess pic related chefs knife is my favorite

Ugh how can you stand global? The handle gets so.slick even with just a little moisture

That's pretty smug, user.

It's just .2mm of steel, and it was ON SALE.
What's the problem?

Am I supposed to spend 3x more to get pans a mere 9% thicker that I'll have to pay to get re-lined? When this process alone would probably cost what I paid for my 2.3mm copper pan?

This thing because my kitchen oven is absolute shit.

I love my G2 and will endlessly defend it against the haters, but I could never see buying a high end cutting board that's that small. If you're going to get something nice, get it in a big enough size for it to be useful.

2.3 mm is nowhere near thick enough for a 28 cm pan. that thickness would be acceptable for something

the board and knives were all gifts, though I'd probably still buy a global if I had to.

Bob Kramer>global anyday

Sounds like you got a pretty sweet deal.
My options are limited in the UK and so the sale seemed reasonable at the time.

The information was appreciated.

I was even considering those Calphalon hard anodized pans but was wary of buying one used, as it seems they only produce those with a non-stick coding currently. I've always been wary of used products.

What should I dig around for next? Any other red flags I should be aware of?

not unless you add a little bit of oil tho

I got my Global as a gift as well. People like this have obviously never handled one, because the complaint about the handle being slippery simple isn't true.

I'f there's anything to really complain about it's that they're light, and have a really small handle more suited to smaller hands - which I don't have - but I absolutely love the feel of it.

Repeated myself accidentally. I meant to say I'm also wary of non-stick since it shortens the lifespan and limits utensils.

nice memes

You can still find Calphalon's commercial line at some places on the internet. It has hard anodized cooking surfaces rather than non-stick.

I would hope so given they're 100x more expensive than globals.
I have big hands too, idk why the small handle doesn't bother me.

Oh I've.handled one several in fact and compared my knife it's a fragile slipper pos

Stop cooking at Applebees and you'll be able to afford one

show us your bob kramer

Calphalon's Elite and Signature lines also allow for metal utensils and have a lifetime warranty, despite being non-stick.

UK is actually a pretty great place to be in terms of buying used copper cookware, there's a lot of old french antiques that are expensive to ship to the states but would be much cheaper to ship to the UK. just look around on ebay for deals; determining a good pan is pretty simple in that you only need to look for 1) good thickness 2) ergonomics (shape/length/material of the handles, splayed lip, etc.) and 3) size and type of pan. in general larger pans need to be thicker, and stovetop cookware needs to be thicker than cookware that's primarily intended for use in the oven. keep in mind copper is even denser than cast iron, so a heavy gauge copper pan will be HEAVY.

as for nonstick, I usually stick to $30 pans (the tfal 12" pan is a good choice). the reason for this is that no nonstick skillet will be able to maintain its coating forever, and it's better to just buy a new pan every couple years than to splurge for a pan that might last 1.5 times as long.
>inb4 cast iron
cast iron is great, but having a nonstick pan is essential for certain tasks, especially those involving eggs

I can't seem to find the uh.. non-non-stick original variety. Amazon US for example has complaints of receiving the non-stick version. Even some used listings on eBay note that they're non-stick. Selling used non-stick seems absurd imho.

I've just had a look on eBay and there is actually a listing from a French seller for a 3mm pan for starters. Nowhere near the deal here: but possibly better than what I found.

It seems that this pan, and the others suggested in this thread all will need to be imported.

I may sell the 2.5mm pans actually.

I'll just timestamp my other post
Kramer
Mijabi
Shun

Nice being a chef to the stars

yeah, to find really good deals you will need to lurk for a while but they do show up every now and then. I saw a set of 10 copper gratin pans sell for only $50 last week.

Is the Kramer handle as comfy as it looks?

Yeah and it's like 100 bucks off at sur la table right now

My plastic peeler

ebay.com/bhp/calphalon-commercial

most of the listings here are simply hard-anodized

that's a henckels with bob kramer's name on it, I would have believed you lol. I have that same shun but I don't use it much.

>owns a shun
>shops at sur la table
>thinks he has any right to talk shit about people who've been enjoying global knives for years that they received as gifts

blender and cheesecloth. These aren't mine, I don't want to take pictures of my things to show.

Let's see your knife roll? With your gfs knife having ass

>owns knife nicer than your for the back up to his back up knife
>can afford to shop at sur la table because money isn't an issue
>how was slinging burgers at the pub tonight?

Global and Shun are pretty much on the same tier, with Global being slightly superior.

Throwing money away at Sur la Table is just retard tier, though.

>m-money isn't an issue!

Yeah, I'm sure he also drives a Ferrari and has a vacation home on Kauai... SLT is a bored housewife type store.

It's this plus 2 shuns, a wusthof fillet knife and steak knife set. I don't really use anything but the globals though.

After living in college apartments with electric coil, I was overjoyed when I finally got gas in my current apartment. My parents have always had high-end gas ranges, too, so I knew exactly what I was missing out on

I like sur la table for some things. Their prices are occasionally amazon-tier, especially on their house brand stuff.

I fucking hate hate you

I have 2 wooden knives, they work great, and for all of you going, "But every wash they get messed up" you fucking wash the blade by itself, ffs.

Mah Niggas. Was about to post the same. Got the same 2 plus the paring knife.

Coffee grinder

I use one for work, never had slippage issues even working with calamari or octopus

Nippon steel, folded over 1000 times?

my wife.

Got me.

>letting your wife cook

This guy's wife

21cm gyuto

im with u man. wood spoons 4evah
>dat patina

just used a wooden spoon to work my sourdough